General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Hotchkis vs. UPR

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/11, 01:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hotchkis vs. UPR

Not sure if this is the right section but...

Just wondering how good the parts were from BMR (Sorry, not UPR). They are significantly cheaper than Hotchkis but I fear they are not as good a part.

I know I have talked a lot about starting a Mustang project but ever since I was a kid I promised that the first car I ever fix up would be a 1972 El Camino for my Dad. As he isn't that old but is getting older I just thought it would behoove me to do this first. If it was the only car I ever get to do as a project I'd feel better doing this than anything else. So I am looking up A Body chassis parts and came across Hotchkis from my Chevy days so I want to know how good the Hotchkis parts are?

Plans were to use Hotchkis A-Arms and all replaceable suspension parts with Koni classic shocks. But the less expensive deal would appear to be the BMR parts.

Edit, UPR may not be the company I am thinking of sorry. I am currently trying to find said company. Found it, BMR. Sorry everyone, this thread may be useless. But I would like opinions on Hotchkis for older cars.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/14/11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 3/14/11, 02:56 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Just search......Hotchkis reviews.........You will be able to read what people think about their products
Old 3/14/11, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I sense your sarcasm.
Old 3/14/11, 08:20 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Give UMI a look also. Installed thier lower control arms, relocators & pahhard rod on my car. Been pretty impressed so far.
Old 3/15/11, 07:10 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
I sense your sarcasm.
I'm really being serious. Before i ordered my BMR strut tower brace i searched BMR reviews. I had never heard of BMR before. I learned they make a lot of high quality products that fit and lasted. If a lot of the reviews were bad, i wouldn't have ordered the brace from them.

Searching Hotchkis reviews, you will be able to read what people think about their products.
Old 3/15/11, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by bob
Give UMI a look also. Installed thier lower control arms, relocators & pahhard rod on my car. Been pretty impressed so far.
I just recently found UMI, looks like good quality parts also.

Originally Posted by David Young
I'm really being serious. Before i ordered my BMR strut tower brace i searched BMR reviews. I had never heard of BMR before. I learned they make a lot of high quality products that fit and lasted. If a lot of the reviews were bad, i wouldn't have ordered the brace from them.

Searching Hotchkis reviews, you will be able to read what people think about their products.
I didn't think you weren't being serious, just the way I read it was with a sarcastic tone. Probably because I'm sarcastic. Anyway, I did some research and just like I had expected, the Hotchkis equipment works best when put together. Just like if you put lowering springs on a car without good sway bars and it really doesn't do much of anything for you. So from what I read, the Hotchkis kits work really well. They are a bit more pricey but I think overall they aren't too bad.