General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Honda Pushes Early Mid-Cycle Refresh for 2012 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/11, 09:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your dealer isn't willing to talk swaps? I've had dealers swap seat, trunk lids, and fender flares between cars on the lot to make a sale.
Old 11/1/11, 10:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moosetang
Your dealer isn't willing to talk swaps? I've had dealers swap seat, trunk lids, and fender flares between cars on the lot to make a sale.
Actually, a dealer recently wanted to do exactly that when we first drove a Fiesta several weeks back and knocked that off the potential buy list. We haven't been back to that dealership because we weren't crazy about the atmosphere, but I can think of one other that might be willing to try and get us what we want via that same approac. To even ask had completely slipped my mind, thanks for the reminder bro.

That said, as for the dealers we have actually looked at Focus models at....no. Neither has even hinted at the same, although to be fair I haven't asked either.
Old 11/2/11, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by jsaylor
Actually, a dealer recently wanted to do exactly that when we first drove a Fiesta several weeks back and knocked that off the potential buy list. We haven't been back to that dealership because we weren't crazy about the atmosphere, but I can think of one other that might be willing to try and get us what we want via that same approac. To even ask had completely slipped my mind, thanks for the reminder bro.

That said, as for the dealers we have actually looked at Focus models at....no. Neither has even hinted at the same, although to be fair I haven't asked either.
Yeah I'm big on getting dealers to do swaps, and most dealers I've encountered will do it if you say something like "I'll buy this car if______." I'm still impressed with the fender flare one, was really not expecting him to say yes
Old 11/2/11, 04:33 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by jsaylor
We're looking at a sedan. Yeah, the SE Sport fits our price range perfectly and, on paper, specs out perfectly as well. The problem here is that the SE Sport very much has a 'tuner' vibe going on that I am not at all interested in. If you get leather on the SE Sport it only comes in a two tone, red and black leather that is surprisingly loud in person. And that very tuner-esque vibe applies to the exterior too; the wheels for example look almost like the adapted a torq thrust for fwd. Sounds kinda cool in type, but doesn't work so well out here in the real world. The optional wheels are arguably better, but they still aren't ideal and I'm still stuck with a red and black interior scheme that, honestly, I don't think I can live with.

If I want a more 'grown up' look I have to spend more money for options I don't really want and am forced to abandon the manual transmission that I actually do want. I understand that no car is every going to hit every sweet spot, but the fact that this car cannot be had without the very polarizing red and black interior at this trim level leaves me scratching my head a bit. IMO this is more than a minor oversight, and honestly may unfortunately be the reason that I don't buy a Focus.
I understand completely. An SE with solid black leather and SEL 17" (which are my second favorite choice for wheels) wheels for ~$21,200 would seem to be a hit . . . and have a 'grown up' look.
Old 11/2/11, 07:42 AM
I'm people, and I like.

keep us posted on your search!
would love to know that you end up with.
Old 11/13/11, 12:47 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I had a chance to test drive both 2012 Focus hatchback and 2012 Civic coupe yesterday.
Civic is a nice little car, but Focus is so much better. Interior's plastic in Civic is so cheap (fit & finish is nice), 5 speed manual is ok, but Focus' 5 speed manual is better, there is more interior space for legs in Civic, 1.8L engine is pretty good, but noisy, there is no space at all in the back seat (I'm 5'8 and my head kept touching the roof). Overall, not bad, but Focus is just better.

The only thing I hate about Focus is that there is not much space for legs for driver. I knees kept hitting the plastic.
They should remove this thing circled, I'm don't see a point why its there.

Old 11/14/11, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by FAP_Zastava_Ikarbus
They should remove this thing circled, I'm don't see a point why its there.
Yeah carmakers just throwing in storage space *****-nilly so they can say they have X amount is silly. It's like the vans with 3 times as many cupholders as they have seats.
Old 11/14/11, 12:08 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

European Focus has a hand-brake there.
For some reason they moved the hand-brake in the USA Focus.
Old 11/14/11, 12:12 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Titanium interior . . .