General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

On The Heels of the 05

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/04 | 06:50 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 63galaxie@November 19, 2004, 10:50 PM
I agree with b_btrick, Ford needs to bring back the Galaxie(large sedan & large coupe)...along with a smaller(aussie falcon-lookin') "cousin" or whatever, the Fairlane. Torino anyone?? Revive the 390..and update it with Fuel Injection, though carbs rule, and we're good to go with one killer line-up...The Mustang, Galaxie, and Fairlane(Torino??) as the ultimate muscle line-up.
And can we imagine what gifts SVT would have for us with these three?
I think Ford is on the right track as-is. The Falcon is a nice car, but it's styling is really "90's" at best. Two-box designs are making a definite comeback, and I think it is refreshing to see cars that revive old-school Detroit design philosophy, after 2 decades of the Big 3 mimicking the Japanese...

This is the aesthetic void in Ford's lineup. If you want something sleeker and more rounded, you can always look at a Focus, Fusion, or Five Hundred.

I would expect the new Galaxie (or Fairlane) to be a bit more Chrysler 300-ish in style, with a long-hood-short-deck shape. I would also expect Ford to follow the 427 concept very closely in lines, shapes, and regarding the fascias. With an overall length similar to the Taurus and 300, the Galaxie would be Ford's muscle sedan.

I'll be honest... I have no idea what to expect from the 2008 Crown Victoria. I don't know if it'll be boxy or rounded. About all anyone can guess at this point is RWD, with a V8 powertrain.

I'm also hoping for a wagon version of the Galaxie. A new Country Squire, perhaps (but without those ugly wood panels)? And I hope it will be more coherent than the Chrysler 300 wagon, which has the exact same roofline and rear end as the Dodge Magnum...
Old 11/20/04 | 10:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didnt mean to say "Ford needs to" really because Ford's on the right track im not saying that Ford's doing a bad job...just a cool muscle car-ish kinda idea
Old 11/21/04 | 04:25 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 63galaxie@November 20, 2004, 11:53 PM
I didnt mean to say "Ford needs to" really because Ford's on the right track im not saying that Ford's doing a bad job...just a cool muscle car-ish kinda idea
I know what you mean. Ford has needed a solid muscle car for at least a few years now.

I hope nobody takes offense, but I wouldn't even consider the '79-'04 Mustangs to be a "solid muscle car", as it couldn't really compete with anything... just sort of sold in its own niche...

I'm hoping the 2005 changes that. Well, from the fact that dealers simply can't keep them in stock, I think it might be doing just that! B)
Old 11/22/04 | 06:46 AM

Some points...

Motor Trend ain't always the most accurate place to get automotive news.

Ford sells nearly all of their CVs to law enforcement. In fact, more Grand Marquis are sold to the public than CVs. There have been rumors of the death of the Panther platform for a few years. Some real competition in the law enforcement market might hasten the end.

Marauders are awesome! And were thousands less than a hemi 300. It wasn't unusual for them to sell for 6-8K below sticker. Mine has less than $500 in mods and will run pretty well with the over-hyped hemi.

Mercury made too many compromises bringing the Marauder to market. And then set the MSRP too high. But they gave us an excellent platform to build on.
Old 11/22/04 | 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Point there about the 79-04 Mustang not being a "solid muscle car" except some the 85-93 5.0's were budget busters and excellent to modify but I dont know if it was "solid" as the Mach's and such, NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, 302 compared to a 429?? anyway i agree the '05 will take on the "solid muscle" niche that Ford has needed...though the 'Stang GT only has 281 cubes it has more horsepower than just about any older Mustang!(gross vs. net).
I do think it'd be cool to see a 350 horsepower big sedan from Ford...but then carry that Large sedan motor into the Mustang and woo-wee!!...I have heard Ford is making a hemi like 6.2 liter imagine that 6.2 liters in a mustang if it fits

I still don't know how to do those quote thingys right!!!
Old 11/29/04 | 08:58 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by grabbergreen@November 19, 2004, 12:02 AM
Wow... I feel so welcome here...

... KNOWING THAT ABSOLUTELY NOBODY READS MY POSTS...

If you bother reading my post above, I had already explained that THE CROWN VICTORIA WILL BE OVERHAULED IN 2008 WITH AN UPCOMING FORD AUSTRALIA FALCON PLATFORM.

Let me re-iterate that:
THE CROWN VICTORIA WILL BE OVERHAULED IN 2008 WITH AN UPCOMING FORD AUSTRALIA FALCON PLATFORM.

And one more time, for good measure...

THE CROWN VICTORIA WILL BE OVERHAULED IN 2008 WITH AN UPCOMING FORD AUSTRALIA FALCON PLATFORM.

So, for everybody above, we will be getting a Ford Falcon... it'll just be called the "Crown Victoria."
Can you explain this a little further, I don't think I quite understand.........

on the 'F' theme, we have the Fusion, Focus, Fiesta.....etc etc!
Old 12/12/04 | 06:25 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

imagine if the Mustang was used in law enforcment again
Old 12/12/04 | 06:45 PM
Post *****

those poor poor ricerboys. they dont know they're screwed... ::hopes-that-people-know-that-he's-referencing-the-whole-ford-falcon=crown-victoria-in-2008-thing::

but seriously, thats gonna be awesome. BTW, does anyone know more about cops possibly using the magnum? i thinki saw a lil blurb about it in MT, but im not sure.....
Old 12/12/04 | 07:44 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Originally posted by future9er24@December 12, 2004, 9:48 PM
those poor poor ricerboys. they dont know they're screwed... ::hopes-that-people-know-that-he's-referencing-the-whole-ford-falcon=crown-victoria-in-2008-thing::
? :scratch:
Old 12/13/04 | 12:53 AM
GT Member

They should bring the Australian Ford Falcon here along with a Mercury Maurader version of it (with much different styling than the Crown Vic vs. Grand Mar)

http://ford.com.au/home/home.asp

Lincoln NEEDS to keep the LS's chassis and make a Continental. Give it a more powerful V-8 than the Falcon and a LOT more luxury.
Old 12/13/04 | 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by captin kapla@December 13, 2004, 3:56 AM
They should bring the Australian Ford Falcon here along with a Mercury Maurader version of it (with much different styling than the Crown Vic vs. Grand Mar)

http://ford.com.au/home/home.asp
lol, did you catch that grabbergreen? he's got a pretty good idea!
Old 12/14/04 | 02:31 AM
GT Member

I didn't read all of the posts...
Old 12/14/04 | 02:33 AM
GT Member

It should be called the Falcon and not the Crown Vic though. Crown Victoria just doesn't sound too exciting.
Old 12/14/04 | 07:27 AM
Cobra R Member

i think i agree with you on that one. i grew up with crown vics, big wagons, the first car i ever drove was a grand marquis wagon, so i've got a lot of attachment to this car. But i gotta admit, they both need new names. And as stupid is the whole, "every car needs to start with an F" scheme is, Falcon is a pretty cool name, especially for a car that all the cops'll end up driving.