General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/15, 07:53 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Dan, so that recently just happened eh? I responded.

Man, congrats buddy. I feel sad though because you and I got our Kona 12's the same time, over 3 years ago. Now you are leaving me!!! haha.

Originally Posted by typesredline
Burton, I was a big IS-F fan. But the recent Lexus turn has turned me off. The RC-F is a Frankenstein of cars. Part GS part IS. It's ultra heavy. The motor is fantastic but that's about it.

There is a GS-F coming out that looks much better. But it's even heavier.
Yeah John, that's the problem with Lexus/Toyota... big and heavy and slow, and drives like a toyota. I hope they improve on the feel and overall ooomph. I read that the specs on the RCF are 4.2ish to 0-60. That's slow for a 5.0 V8 and costing 75k.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Burton,.......nice cars. If you look at my posts from WAAAAY back, I mentioned this car in my "wish list". Such a nice car and I bet they have some killer mods for that car. Do some research as I know you will.
Good luck bro and no flaming here. I LOVE the IS-F cars. Super nice and quick!
(I actually have a trick up my sleeve as well for hopefully next year. The Jeep SRT is off the list as it's transmission's issues are too much for me from what I am researching. It's a 50/50 shot you get a "good one" too. It's a shame because I had my heart set on it. But, I'll make up for it with another beast in the collection. "HOPEFULLY!")
Again,.....good luck bro. Follow your heart/gut!
haha, thanks Tony. I don't think I'll ever get rid of Marilyn. I'll just add to the stable. But after more research, you don't get "much" for the RCF. Big and slow, for 75k. I can get a lot more car for 75k... hmmm

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
The back of that blue lexus is f***ing ugly....
Nothing in its lines and posture flows right, looks like someone welded 2 different cars front and back together.
2015 Lexus RC-F is a car I dont care about, but cant say its terrible, or terribly looking, personally I would bought so many different cars for 72K, and if it has to be a 4 door DDer, I would totally go for a low mileage used Chrysler 300 SRT-8 they go around 35-45k, if you want power, but yet want to stay classy.
That blue lexus is the old IS-C (vert hardtop)... I don't care for it either.

Chrysler SRT's are nice, but "chrysler" quality worries me.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I don't feel much love for the lexus personally. I hope you consider a GT350 instead.
I like the GT350... I can get over the 15 looks. Lexus is pretty robotic feel from what I hear.

Originally Posted by Hackensackautowreckers
Get a bmw m for that price
M what? 4 series?
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I wouldn't mind a Z06 C7 instead. How much are those?
Start around $85 and depending on how you equip them, all the way up to about $110k. No need to have a Z06 for a street only car. Arguably you don't want one for the street. An LT2 'Vette with the Z51, mag select ride shocks and a few more options tossed in make a great road and track car and can be had nicely equipped for around $65k.

I doubt we'll see a ZR1 in the C7 configuration. While keeping the C7 platform for four or five more years, I think GM is going to release a mid-engine C8 "Zora" in late 2017 that will be the ZR1. Gut feel is price point on that one will be around $150k and will have smaller forced induction, dual overhead cam V8 around 750ish hp. Place your bets.

GM Nut Hugger

Last edited by Horspla; 5/19/15 at 08:04 AM.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla
While keeping the C7 platform for four or five more years, I think GM is going to release a mid-engine C8 "Zora" in late 2017 that will be the ZR1.
They've been saying that for 10 years now.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Front end looks stupid.

Plus, I just don't think any Lexus really has any "grunt". Maybe the LFA, I guess...

It looks like a performance car for people who don't really want a performance car (but think they do). I bet it feels insipid when you actually get inside and start driving.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cheaper, faster, lighter, better. Available in coupe or sedan. The sedan looks best imo.

rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

wow, after watching that video and comparing it to the RC-F...its better in almost every way. Wonderful platform that car is, I applaud GM! I might have to get a used AWD ATS (just the regular model) for a daily driver some time in the future.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
The back of that blue lexus is f***ing ugly....
Nothing in its lines and posture flows right, looks like someone welded 2 different cars front and back together.
2015 Lexus RC-F is a car I dont care about, but cant say its terrible, or terribly looking, personally I would bought so many different cars for 72K, and if it has to be a 4 door DDer, I would totally go for a low mileage used Chrysler 300 SRT-8 they go around 35-45k, if you want power, but yet want to stay classy.
LOL..it IS multiple cars welded together!!

to form its new coupe’s structure, Lexus combined the front clip of the GS sedan, the center section of the old IS C convertible, and the rear end of the IS sedan, using adhesives and welding and a fancy technique called laser screw welding, which allows for more frequent tacks and thus greater rigidity.
http://www.caranddriver.com/lexus/rc-f
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
They've been saying that for 10 years now.
They've been saying it longer than that bud! Duntov wanted it a mid-engine platform back in 1963 but GM refused. Difference now is vailed mid-engine protoype cars have been spotted on the streets around Detroit. Add to that, the engineers are now admitting they've pretty well tapped out the performance of the front engine/rear tranny platform and have to go to a mid-engine platform to best what they have now.

GM Nut Hugger

Last edited by Horspla; 5/19/15 at 08:29 AM.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 01:37 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Dan, so that recently just happened eh? I responded.

Man, congrats buddy. I feel sad though because you and I got our Kona 12's the same time, over 3 years ago. Now you are leaving me!!! haha.

Yeah John, that's the problem with Lexus/Toyota... big and heavy and slow, and drives like a toyota. I hope they improve on the feel and overall ooomph. I read that the specs on the RCF are 4.2ish to 0-60. That's slow for a 5.0 V8 and costing 75k.

haha, thanks Tony. I don't think I'll ever get rid of Marilyn. I'll just add to the stable. But after more research, you don't get "much" for the RCF. Big and slow, for 75k. I can get a lot more car for 75k... hmmm

That blue lexus is the old IS-C (vert hardtop)... I don't care for it either.

Chrysler SRT's are nice, but "chrysler" quality worries me.

I like the GT350... I can get over the 15 looks. Lexus is pretty robotic feel from what I hear.

M what? 4 series?

I too have been able to reconcile the 2015 looks on the GT350. i'd consider it a companion to my '13 (except i've always dreamt of a porsche, long before i liked mustangs)
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 5/19/15, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

GT350 or not, the wrap around headlights ruin that car for me
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 3/31/16, 11:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Highly recommend 2017 c63 amg coupe.

Mercedes AMG > everything

Hopefully if my life is right that will be my next move.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/1/16, 07:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I highly recommend DEEZ NUTS, bro!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Coyote5-0:
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16), Stage_3 (4/1/16)
Old 4/1/16, 07:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Get and ATS-V or CTS-V and call it a day. That Lexus looks okay, but the front end just has too much stuff going on IMO
I looked at this thread from the top again, and while I was looking at the pictures I was thinking the EXACT same thing again lol. Just waaaaay too much going on on this car. Bulges, creases, scoops, divots, blubber all over. Just looks weird.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/1/16, 07:13 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Highly recommend 2017 c63 amg coupe.

Mercedes AMG > everything

Hopefully if my life is right that will be my next move.
I looked at this thread from the top again, and while I was looking at the pictures I was thinking the EXACT same thing again lol. Just waaaaay too much going on on this car. Bulges, creases, scoops, divots, blubber all over. Just looks weird.
Holy thread revival batman.

I do like the new amg coupe. It's like a cross between an M3 coupe and a Honda Accord though. LOL. Thing is though, it doesn't look like it costs $100k. It looks "normal" to me... face in the crowd. Fast I'm sure...handling beast I'm sure. But, if I'm paying over $100k, it better LOOK like over $100k. The RC-F looks expensive, at least (it may handle like crap and be low on power, etc.)

rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/1/16, 09:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Holy thread revival batman.

I do like the new amg coupe. It's like a cross between an M3 coupe and a Honda Accord though. LOL. Thing is though, it doesn't look like it costs $100k. It looks "normal" to me... face in the crowd. Fast I'm sure...handling beast I'm sure. But, if I'm paying over $100k, it better LOOK like over $100k. The RC-F looks expensive, at least (it may handle like crap and be low on power, etc.)

Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"?  (bless me father for I have sinned)-2017-mercedes-amg-c63-coupe-inline1-photo-661501-s-original.jpg

I agree with you but then I don't think a Benz is all that. I live where they are as commonplace as hondas. Your Mustang stands out much more than a Benz.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/1/16, 09:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I agree with you but then I don't think a Benz is all that. I live where they are as commonplace as hondas. Your Mustang stands out much more than a Benz.
Depends where you live. Mustangs are incredibly popular here, dime a dozen. I see a ridiculous amount.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/2/16, 12:18 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Depends where you live. Mustangs are incredibly popular here, dime a dozen. I see a ridiculous amount.
None will ever look like mine
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/2/16, 02:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

None will ever look like mine
That's right! Besides most Benz look like azz nowadays. Keep your stang. The Lexus or infinite look OK though.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/2/16, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
I can't believe I missed this thread!
I work for Lexus and see and drive these cars a lot!
Very nice reasonably quick and fast and decent handling,
But for what I want, and ask of a car,
I would rather have my 2014 Track Pack Mustang!
And even with the mods on my car that I have made I'm still at less than half the price, and can out brake, out accelerate, and out corner one!
BUT! It is more comfortable, plusher, tech happy and overall FANCY!
But I would still choose my Mustang!
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)
Old 4/2/16, 10:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Get the AMG wagon! I wish I could.
rpoppertdomi (7/11/16)

Quick Reply: Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)