Notices
General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat

Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)

Old 5/18/15, 09:50 AM
  #1  
I Have No Life
Thread Starter
 
FromZto5's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2011
Posts: 10,097
Liked 164 Times in 140 Posts
Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)

"Bless me father, for I have sinned..... sinned with evil thoughts of coveting thy neighbor's (ok, not neighbor but another dealer) ride...."

Folks... y'all know how much I (all of us here) love our Mustangs. But I need to ask for some forgiveness. When I turn 40(ish), I'll be looking to add (hopefully not replace) to my stable. I was always looking to get a Shelby or maybe a GT350, who knows. But lately, my thoughts have been going German...that is, until I saw this. (Was visiting family in another city, and stopped by this dealership)

2015 Lexus RC-F. It's still a 5.0 V8. Does that count??? LOL. Maybe I'm in the minority, but God, that is sexy. Who cares how it drives at this point.

Ok, flame away.

p.s. Pics are taken with iPhone so no editing. Pardon the crappy quality.
















Last edited by FromZto5; 5/18/15 at 09:53 AM.
FromZto5 is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 09:58 AM
  #2  
Mach 1 Member
 
Blown CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 13, 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 772
Likes: 0
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
It is a sexy looking car, but for the price I would look at the new CTS V.
Blown CS is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 11:08 AM
  #3  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
CiniZter's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 11, 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,742
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
they look sexy indeed and just like stangs they have good club activities and fans.





CiniZter is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 11:21 AM
  #4  
Cobra Member
 
HizliBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 11, 2009
Posts: 1,123
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
did you pull the trigger?
HizliBullet is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 11:40 AM
  #5  
Mach 1 Member
 
Join Date: May 11, 2012
Location: Belle Plaine, MN
Posts: 610
Liked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. That one does nothing for me. In fact, truth be known, I think itís fairly unattractive. Iím a bit shocked after all the talk that youíd never get rid of your Mustang that youíre now getting wondering eyes. If you somehow caught it from me several weeks ago, I apologize! Iíve been called a GM nut hugger here because of my lust for a C7Öand it hasnít changed my mind or somehow magically made my Mustang better than it is or the C7 worse. I still know which one wins hands down.

Frankly, if you can afford to forget about the token backseat in either the Mustang or that Lexus and go with a true two seat sports car, the choice is obvious, especially for what theyíre asking for that Lexus. Your growing kids arenít going to fit in either of those back seats much longer anyway so why buy them?

I thought long and hard about keeping El Pita but in the end it just doesnít make sense, and yes, it will hurt to see it go. Right now it gets about 6500 miles a year put on it. If I have two summer only cars, each will get only around 3200 miles per year. As hard as Iíve tried to justify it, it makes no sense store and insure two vehicles at that cost for only those few miles.

The GM Nut Hugger has spoken!
Horspla is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 11:54 AM
  #6  
I Have No Life
Thread Starter
 
FromZto5's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2011
Posts: 10,097
Liked 164 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter View Post
they look sexy indeed and just like stangs they have good club activities and fans.
Shiaz, thanks for pics. I guess I'm late to the party lol. Folk already out driving it

When you saw it, did you hear it idle/rev, etc? I'm really curious how Lexus made that 5.0 sound. Is it a corporate V8? What other vehicle is it in toyotas line up? Tundra? I am worried that Toyota's 5.0 sounds NOTHING like American V8's, or German V8's for that matter.

Originally Posted by HizliBullet View Post
did you pull the trigger?
LOL... I wish. But nah, it will be a few years. Was just looking. Not sure what I'd get even. I'm a Mustang guy at heart though... may just be another mustang

Originally Posted by Horspla View Post
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. That one does nothing for me. In fact, truth be known, I think itís fairly unattractive. Iím a bit shocked after all the talk that youíd never get rid of your Mustang that youíre now getting wondering eyes. If you somehow caught it from me several weeks ago, I apologize! Iíve been called a GM nut hugger here because of my lust for a C7Öand it hasnít changed my mind or somehow magically made my Mustang better than it is or the C7 worse. I still know which one wins hands down.

Frankly, if you can afford to forget about the token backseat in either the Mustang or that Lexus and go with a true two seat sports car, the choice is obvious, especially for what theyíre asking for that Lexus. Your growing kids arenít going to fit in either of those back seats much longer anyway so why buy them?

I thought long and hard about keeping El Pita but in the end it just doesnít make sense, and yes, it will hurt to see it go. Right now it gets about 6500 miles a year put on it. If I have two summer only cars, each will get only around 3200 miles per year. As hard as Iíve tried to justify it, it makes no sense store and insure two vehicles at that cost for only those few miles.

The GM Nut Hugger has spoken!
John LOL! Marilyn won't be leaving me...although, like I said, everyone has a price. And I mean EVERYone. They may not admit it, but everyone does. I plan on never getting rid of her, and giving it to my son. But...you never know.

I'm just looking for a potential playmate for her. My wife said I can look into "upgrading" my DD Acura...so either maybe a 4 door rocket of some sort. Was thinking Audi or BMW, or STi, or IS F Sport... Essentially, come that time, I can either hang on to all the cars, get another one, or sell one or the other to get a new one. Am not sure. I'm a long ways from that.

Essentially the gist of the post/thread was to state that dayyummmmmm that RC-F looks niiiiiiiiiiice.
FromZto5 is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 01:18 PM
  #7  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
dmhines's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 11, 2006
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 2,348
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
LOL .. thought you bailed on the Mustang too!! I was almost not feeling so bad anymore.
dmhines is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 01:20 PM
  #8  
FR500 Member
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 16, 2009
Location: Clinton Tennessee
Posts: 3,133
Liked 42 Times in 39 Posts
I like it, very nice. I think i would go for a Vette at that price. Just my opinion on what i would do

Who would have thought after the gas crisis and engine detune of the 70's we would have such powerful cars.
David Young is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 01:31 PM
  #9  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
CiniZter's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 11, 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,742
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Burton, not to hurt your feelings. all the three were female owned and i heard them coming in and didnt feel like a V8 at all. may be it is becuase of stock exhaust.
CiniZter is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 01:36 PM
  #10  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
CiniZter's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 11, 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,742
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
what about four door hellcat, have you ever thought about it.
CiniZter is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 01:51 PM
  #11  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
Coyote5-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,140
Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts
Get and ATS-V or CTS-V and call it a day. That Lexus looks okay, but the front end just has too much stuff going on IMO
Coyote5-0 is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 02:03 PM
  #12  
I Have No Life
Thread Starter
 
FromZto5's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2011
Posts: 10,097
Liked 164 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
LOL .. thought you bailed on the Mustang too!! I was almost not feeling so bad anymore.
Dan, you sold yours for a VETTE? When? No wonder I don't see you on anymore. LOL.

Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I like it, very nice. I think i would go for a Vette at that price. Just my opinion on what i would do

Who would have thought after the gas crisis and engine detune of the 70's we would have such powerful cars.
I wouldn't mind a Z06 C7 instead. How much are those?

Originally Posted by CiniZter View Post
Burton, not to hurt your feelings. all the three were female owned and i heard them coming in and didnt feel like a V8 at all. may be it is becuase of stock exhaust.
That explains a lot... your former, and latter comments I might have to rethink this RC-F thing.

Someone have a vid of an RC F with a modded exhaust?

Originally Posted by CiniZter View Post
what about four door hellcat, have you ever thought about it.
Charger Hellcat? Yeah... possible. We have winters here in Iowa, so if I go 4 doors, will have to be AWD. I don't think those are, eh? An STi would be another option.

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0 View Post
Get and ATS-V or CTS-V and call it a day. That Lexus looks okay, but the front end just has too much stuff going on IMO
2016 CTS V would be like, 85k I bet. eeeeek.

The front end is actually what drew me in. It's definitely anti Muscle car, but I figured it's something different. Vader look. And a looker.
FromZto5 is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 02:15 PM
  #13  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
dmhines's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 11, 2006
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 2,348
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5 View Post
Dan, you sold yours for a VETTE? When? No wonder I don't see you on anymore. LOL.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-chevy-537076/
dmhines is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 02:15 PM
  #14  
Cobra R Member
 
PJRManagement's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 16, 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,998
Liked 46 Times in 40 Posts
No...no...and...............no.
PJRManagement is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 02:44 PM
  #15  
I Have No Life
Thread Starter
 
FromZto5's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2011
Posts: 10,097
Liked 164 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement View Post
No...no...and...............no.
Lol. So what you're saying is, yes or No?
FromZto5 is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 04:36 PM
  #16  
Cobra Member
 
typesredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 11, 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,148
Likes: 0
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Burton, I was a big IS-F fan. But the recent Lexus turn has turned me off. The RC-F is a Frankenstein of cars. Part GS part IS. It's ultra heavy. The motor is fantastic but that's about it.

There is a GS-F coming out that looks much better. But it's even heavier.
typesredline is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 04:49 PM
  #17  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Stage_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 9, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,124
Liked 398 Times in 361 Posts
Burton,.......nice cars. If you look at my posts from WAAAAY back, I mentioned this car in my "wish list". Such a nice car and I bet they have some killer mods for that car. Do some research as I know you will.
Good luck bro and no flaming here. I LOVE the IS-F cars. Super nice and quick!
(I actually have a trick up my sleeve as well for hopefully next year. The Jeep SRT is off the list as it's transmission's issues are too much for me from what I am researching. It's a 50/50 shot you get a "good one" too. It's a shame because I had my heart set on it. But, I'll make up for it with another beast in the collection. "HOPEFULLY!")
Again,.....good luck bro. Follow your heart/gut!
Stage_3 is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 05:43 PM
  #18  
Mach 1 Member
 
=HYPERDRIVE='s Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 558
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
The back of that blue lexus is f***ing ugly....
Nothing in its lines and posture flows right, looks like someone welded 2 different cars front and back together.
2015 Lexus RC-F is a car I dont care about, but cant say its terrible, or terribly looking, personally I would bought so many different cars for 72K, and if it has to be a 4 door DDer, I would totally go for a low mileage used Chrysler 300 SRT-8 they go around 35-45k, if you want power, but yet want to stay classy.
=HYPERDRIVE= is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 06:39 PM
  #19  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
DarrenGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 16, 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 3,684
Liked 60 Times in 53 Posts
I don't feel much love for the lexus personally. I hope you consider a GT350 instead.
DarrenGT is offline  
Old 5/18/15, 06:53 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2015
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Get a bmw m for that price
Hackensackautowreckers is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.