General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Firestorm spark plug -- 24:1 a/f ratio

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/05, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gimmick, truth? Who knows, interesting concept.

http://www.robertstanley.biz/firestorm.htm

KRUPA: I know it. Research companies looked at that and they were shaking their heads. I boggled a lot of people's minds with this new spark plug Especially when I told them I had the car running at 40 to 1 air-to-fuel ratio.

STANLEY: You seem to have come up against a political road block when it comes to manufacturing your plug. What I don't understand, if the Federal and State government are mandating that we have cleaner cars in the near future why wouldn't they make your spark plugs mandatory?

KRUPA: Because at a 24:1 ratio there are almost no emissions.
KRUPA: FireStorm spark plugs completely eliminate misfiring.

STANLEY: Is that the same thing as detonation?

KRUPA: Well, detonation would no longer exist because there is no detonation with this spark plug.

STANLEY: What do you mean?

KRUPA: I mean, how can it detonate when it literally burns everything in the combustion chamber?

STANLEY: Right. And you told me that the emissions go up for a while when you first put in a set of FireStorm plugs.

KRUPA: That only lasts for a few hours of running time max. It all depends how much carbon has built up in the combustion chamber. The more carbon, the worse the emissions will be until it's all burned clean.

STANLEY: Does it matter if you are running "regular" gasoline?

KRUPA: If there is a vehicle that requires "premium" fuel, and they install FireStorm plugs and perform the modifications I suggest... they could run "regular" fuel in the engine and it won't detonate.

STANLEY: Okay. You mean no hesitation, pinging or misfires?

KRUPA: Yeah. The only reason you need higher octane fuel is for higher compression engines. And if an engine is pulling a heavy load it has a tendency to go into detonation with a regular plug.
Old 12/27/05, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Load of crap. This is from the same guy that marketed Splitfires.
Old 12/27/05, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe so, have you tried these plugs out to prove or disprove his findings?

I guess I'm just not one to say something is not possible outright without actual evidence pointing to the contrary.

You have to figure, what people thought when microwaves first came out and you could heat up food, without heat.
Old 12/27/05, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

I didn't write that without doing a little research. Feel free to do the same.
Old 12/27/05, 01:22 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds good to me.

But it does seem like one of those too good to be true things.

But i sure hope it works...
Old 12/27/05, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by HastaLaVista@December 27, 2005, 2:23 PM
I didn't write that without doing a little research. Feel free to do the same.
You are right. I missed the technical information you posted saying how it wasn't possible at all for a higher temperature spark to completely combust a leaner a/f ratio than IC's are used to seeing.

Also, your notes on how carbon buildup from non-combustable events within the chambers cannot be eliminated by said higher temperature spark, thus reducing possible friction elements and residual heat buildup in said carbon elements.

I guess you typed in a white font, or it was in that link you posted that wasn't in your post.

Thanks for clarifying, without people like you I might have believed bunk like some trains don't have wheels!

On the same note, I looked up his patent and looks like it is clearly not going to work. The patent fell through.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=...&entry=75504284
Old 12/27/05, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TexaStang@December 27, 2005, 3:42 PM
You are right. I missed the technical information you posted...[clip]
You could have simply said "care to elaborate?", but no, you go off into a snit.

I didn't elaborate because this sort of thing is not new, the outrageous claims in the link you posted should flag it right away as too good to be true.
Old 12/27/05, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't really go off into a snit, but okay?

Clearly conveys ideas and concepts must not be one of the checked boxes ony your job apps.

I have dealt with quite a few engineering concepts in my field that at first glance, were seemingly improbable at best, but now once I have been explained the ideas are easy enough work with.

I didn't say his ideas were correct, plausible, or even probable. I just said it was an interesting concept. Based on the patent rejection, it is apparently none of the above.
Old 12/27/05, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TexaStang@December 27, 2005, 6:27 PM
I didn't really go off into a snit, but okay?

Clearly conveys ideas and concepts must not be one of the checked boxes ony your job apps.
Yes! Personal attack to finish it off! What are you going to do now?

Going to Disneyland?
Old 12/27/05, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wasn't a personal attack. Was just an observation based on your reply to my post.

You said you "researched it" -- I asked how, since you that one liner of a post wasn't very communicative of said "research" ( see: fails to convey ideas and concepts )

You accused me of going into a snit, and that the "outrageous claims in the link you posted should flag it right away as too good to be true" were belived by me.

I then responded in that maybe you should have read, I don't know, the first line of my post.

Sorry you are getting a bit confused with the difference between "witty" and "personal attacks", however. As much as to be expected from the "Hole Punch State" though.
Old 12/27/05, 09:53 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
calm down children....
Old 12/28/05, 12:43 AM
Bullitt Member

The guy is full of it, plain and simple. Extra spark isnt going to give the ability to burn that low of an a/f ratio efficiently enough to produce sufficient power.
Old 12/28/05, 12:49 AM
Bullitt Member

KRUPA: I mean, how can it detonate when it literally burns everything in the combustion chamber?
what a total moron. The reason for detonation isnt left over fuel in the combustion chamber, it is early firing of the mixture that is put into the chamber. Be it from improper timing, excessive plug heat, or too lean of an a/f ratio, detonation is the firing of the a/f mixture when in the chamber. It doesnt matter if ALL of the mixture in the chamber is burned on the previous "firing" of the plug, the engines job is to put more fuel and air in the chamber, compress it, then ignite it. Detonation is the premature ignition of the mixture.
Old 12/28/05, 04:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TexaStang@December 27, 2005, 8:08 PM
Wasn't a personal attack. Was just an observation based on your reply to my post.

You said you "researched it" -- I asked how, since you that one liner of a post wasn't very communicative of said "research" ( see: fails to convey ideas and concepts )
Not following that post you didn't. You went into a snit, saying how I typed in a white font, etc.

You accused me of going into a snit, and that the "outrageous claims in the link you posted should flag it right away as too good to be true" were belived by me.

I then responded in that maybe you should have read, I don't know, the first line of my post.
Didn't say they were believed by you, said they should have set off a flag. Your first line stated "gimmick, truth?", where one might interpret that as you considering it may be gimmick or truth.

Sorry you are getting a bit confused with the difference between "witty" and "personal attacks", however. As much as to be expected from the "Hole Punch State" though.
Nice to see the consistency. You have a strange definition of wit. There are lots of opportunities to throw an insult your way at this point, but I'll pass. Happy New Year.
Old 12/28/05, 07:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

You know HastaLaVista, I really don't understand why you are making such an attempt to put down TexasStang. It was a simple article he found and posted, he missed some information, big deal. No need to be rude about it.

Maybe you should refrain from posting in certain topics if all you're going to do is be negative to other members.

I'm out.
Old 12/28/05, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Least they wern't these.

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consume.../sparkplugs.htm
Old 12/28/05, 04:09 PM
FR500 Member

...not quite the "firestorm" these sparkplugs were meant to generate. Anyway, they sound fishy to me.