General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Do you hate Camry's

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/07, 01:07 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta give you credit for trying to "buy American" whenever possible, Airwolf.
Old 2/12/07, 07:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rhumb
Excellent driving appliances with the soul of a refrigerator and utterly devoid of anything resembling driving passion
I feel bad for them.

Originally Posted by Allegro
It won't win any races
I wont be seen in a Solara (no offense intended)

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Can't think for yourself? Buy a Camry!
Thank god I can!

Originally Posted by tuco
Why hate them, just ignore them.
I try too. They hurt my eyes.

Originally Posted by TomServo92
I don't hate Camrys but I care so little about them that I'm not even going to waste my time posting in this thread.....DOH!

Old 2/12/07, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I hate pretty much everything Toyota.

Especially anything they send down an oval track.

yaa but they build a good truck.

http://www.toyotatundra.ca/images_e/...1_fullsize.jpg
Old 2/13/07, 07:56 AM
Cobra R Member

although profits are going over seas. remember this. the highest paid (non-union mind you) auto factories in the states are those building toyotas. also if you look at the parts content, over 80% (i believe) of every camry is built in the states as well.

i wish i could buy american. But until they figure out how to build a car that is worth driving, at over 150k. that has some form of style and quality after 3-4 years. i'd be happy to. BUT i cant buy american if there are better products made. My mustang is of course an exception, but hell thats buyilt right along with mazda 6's on the sam final assembly line.

my thoughts are i drive a car till i find something that i would prefer to drive. just because it is 8 years old and has 200k miles on it in no way makes it a piece of junk. i work for a living too, but i guess i expect my car to as well. A good friend of mine is a master tech at Newark Toyota World in Newark DE. He doenst hate toyotas, he works on them daily and still really likes them. and from his experiences the problem cars only come from people that dont take care of them. most people do use the dealer a lot, but its ALL service work. in fact the only thing he doesnt like about his job is that he doesnt get any problem work. he just acts as a interval service worker.

a good car should be able to last 300k at least. and honda and toyota are much farther along getting to that, then any car made by the general. Fords with v8's and manual trans can go the distance as well. when i say 300k i also mean the whole car, interior, suspension and everything. not jsut the engine and trans. my first car had 295 on it when i got rid of it, it was a honda accord, not a single squeak, suspension felt great, manual trans shifted awesome. body was in great shpae, leather interior looked good. engine ran perfect, no leaks, no noises.
Old 2/13/07, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

This is gonna sound stupid, but the thing about the last gen Camry that I cannot stand is the exhaust routing under the car. The pipe hangs under the chassis a good 3 inches - so much that you can see above the pipe under the chassis when behind the car. That drives me nuts for some reason! It's also that way for the Lexus ES, the Solara and the Highlander, all based off the Camry chassis.
Old 2/13/07, 12:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gattguy47
Yup good and ugly as sin. Thing looks like a cat fish, and while it may be a good truck I would never buy one over a F-150. I buy American whenever I can, and as far as Ford not offering anything long lasting we will see with the Fusion and Edge out now, both of which are fantastic cars and my family (would and did) pick them over Toyotas. As far as Camry's and Civics I don't think I could stand the shame, see to me owning any car is both a physical (reliability) mental (how I feel about the car and the others who drive the same car) process.

So while a Camry may be reliable I don't want a but ugly grocery getter, not to mention Camry/Toyota is turning into the new Buick. As far as Civic's I could never stand the humiliation of the many mentally ill teens that drive them with all those ugly wings, fart cans and APC stickers.....I swear it's like manditory equipment for those things.
Old 2/13/07, 12:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Yup good and ugly as sin. Thing looks like a cat fish, and while it may be a good truck I would never buy one over a F-150. I buy American whenever I can, and as far as Ford not offering anything long lasting we will see with the Fusion and Edge out now, both of which are fantastic cars and my family (would and did) pick them over Toyotas. As far as Camry's and Civics I don't think I could stand the shame, see to me owning any car is both a physical (reliability) mental (how I feel about the car and the others who drive the same car) process.

So while a Camry may be reliable I don't want a but ugly grocery getter, not to mention Camry/Toyota is turning into the new Buick. As far as Civic's I could never stand the humiliation of the many mentally ill teens that drive them with all those ugly wings, fart cans and APC stickers.....I swear it's like manditory equipment for those things.
well all that could change when one of those with no body mods, thats painted flat black, has a b20-c2 turbo swap, and lsd hands you your butt in your gt. and then it ends up that the kid only dropped about 7 grand into the car including the price of the car.

personally outside of stangs, i like subarus and VW's. with a spot in my heart for 1985 honda accords
Old 2/13/07, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

I don't doubt the ability to mod the things but that does not make them any more appealing. I am sure some out there could and do beat GT's but given how a car like your talking about looks/sounds and the type of people it gets attention from I can asure I would rather lose that race then drive what won it.
Old 2/13/07, 01:23 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gattguy47
I'd take an F-150, even a Chevy truck before that.
Old 2/13/07, 01:31 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Cheese302
well all that could change when one of those with no body mods, thats painted flat black, has a b20-c2 turbo swap, and lsd hands you your butt in your gt. and then it ends up that the kid only dropped about 7 grand into the car including the price of the car.
I could drop an LS7 into a 92 Cavalier, but all's it would be is a fast piece of crap.
Old 2/13/07, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Embalmer
This is gonna sound stupid, but the thing about the last gen Camry that I cannot stand is the exhaust routing under the car. The pipe hangs under the chassis a good 3 inches - so much that you can see above the pipe under the chassis when behind the car. That drives me nuts for some reason! It's also that way for the Lexus ES, the Solara and the Highlander, all based off the Camry chassis.

Its not stupid! I noticed this too.

I want to add about domestic vs imports. I have traveled in other countries and they have high praise on american cars. The only reason other countries own japanese cars or everywhere is because of affordability. They consider japanese cars junk because they don't last. To own american cars in other countries is prestige and expensive. What baffles me is this is the only country that does not appreciate their own manufactured vehicle. I have to give credit to japanese cars here is that they are built differently and more reliable than elsewhere. I think its because of the market segment.
Old 2/13/07, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by thezeppelin8
yup (the older ones are the ones I'm talking about, mid-80's and before)! That is one of the things that make them so appealing to me... very low weight and rwd... a dream!

The 2nd picture has 1960's mustang style tailights see.
Old 2/13/07, 03:53 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

This proves how much my mom likes her Camry. I have to keep my Mustang outside during the winter and she gets to keep her 13-years-old Camry in the garage.

Old 2/13/07, 05:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
I don't doubt the ability to mod the things but that does not make them any more appealing. I am sure some out there could and do beat GT's but given how a car like your talking about looks/sounds and the type of people it gets attention from I can asure I would rather lose that race then drive what won it.
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I could drop an LS7 into a 92 Cavalier, but all's it would be is a fast piece of crap.

sorry guys, i just think that there are many imported cars that get no respect. thats what those kids are into, and trust me you see that kid with the flat black integra sedan, he has as much hatred for the bright colored huge stereoed garbeage you guys are making fun of as well.

and the ls7 into a cavalier, yeah i am sure every 18 year old has the money and know-how to do that, but doing a simple engine swap and adding a cheap turbo kit that in the end costs less than the ls7 itself, would be way too hard

dont you people forget that i went out and spent 29g's of my own money on my mustang. but now that i have it. time to find another jetta. or an impreza!!!

thats the last post i am making off topic. the camry is a GOOD car would i drive one.... no, but i sure wouldnt be mad if a g/f or wife had one!!
Old 2/13/07, 05:15 PM
Cobra R Member

sorry double post
Old 2/13/07, 06:16 PM
I lust for a M24

Actually, I own an Acura too, a 91 Integra (stock). It's a great car, and no, I wouldn't trade it for a Camry.

As far as modding, it's like the old expression - "You can't polish a turd."
Old 2/13/07, 07:26 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by mustangfan123
The 2nd picture has 1960's mustang style tailights see.
That's not the only thing that is Mustang style... this Celica was dubbed the "Toyota Mustang" by some fans/owners.

Old 2/13/07, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How dare they
Old 2/13/07, 07:42 PM
Cobra R Member

my paretns had a 74 celica, awesome car they miss it dearly
Old 2/14/07, 07:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by thezeppelin8
That's not the only thing that is Mustang style... this Celica was dubbed the "Toyota Mustang" by some fans/owners.

wow, i have never seen THAT.

Quick Reply: Do you hate Camry's