General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Death of Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/05, 03:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Star@June 9, 2005, 4:23 PM
What may happen or what should happen or what will happen I really don't know. For a lot of Toyota owners (like me for example) this safety issue won't affect of what they think about Toyota. Crown Victoria also have safety issue (location of gas tank), but cops are still driving them and people are still buying them.
The PD inspected those cars and the crown vics passed with flying colors suprisingly and Zoran after reading all this i thought u said the 03 camry was of higher qaulity then the 03 cobra ha ha
Old 6/9/05, 03:36 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200@June 9, 2005, 3:34 PM
The PD inspected those cars and the crown vics passed with flying colors suprisingly and Zoran after reading all this i thought u said the 03 camry was of higher qaulity then the 03 cobra ha ha
Yes, I did said that. In 10 years will see which one have more miles and less problems. Think this way: I saw many early 1990s Camrys with over 250,000-300,000 miles. How many Mustang Cobras have you saw with same mileage (if you don't wanna use Cobra for an example, use GT or whatever you want, I don't really care).
Hey, at least Toyota didn't build $140,000 car and then said to drivers "Do not drive under any circumstances until we fix the problems."
Old 6/9/05, 03:44 PM
GTR Member

Thats because Toyta cant build a 140k dollar car worth buying, its above them and out of their cheesy half-hiney low qaulity league
Old 6/9/05, 03:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200@June 9, 2005, 3:47 PM
Thats because Toyta cant build a 140k dollar car worth buying, its above them and out of their cheesy half-hiney low qaulity league
Well I would rather not build $140,000 car than built it and then tell drivers "do not drive it under any circumstances until we fix problems."

By the way, I guess you heard of Lexus. If you watch car and driver, every time they compare Lexus to other cars Lexus win. And Lexus is not beating Saturn, Lexus is beating cars like Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.
Old 6/9/05, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 9, 2005, 8:01 AM
First Robert I want to state something:

You can have your opinions, and frankly I don't care what brand of vehicle you buy, thats up to you. Remember though, you ARE on a Ford based site whether you like it or not.

Now,

I'm talking about SAFETY and RELIABILITY!

So failing a side crash test is okay then huh? Well then you go right ahead and pack your family into a failed vehicle. And don't tell me that you know more than the NHTSA genius. BUT if for some reason something happens don't come crying! I'll chose to put mine in a safer vehicle.

Once again I asked you to get more than 2 sources but all you could do is rehash the two sources you already had. Oh and for your beloved CR, they are in the process of changing their "best buy" status of the corolla, camry, and tacoma. They do change things "bubba."

And speaking of changes if your oh so beloved company is doing so well then why did they get ousted by Subaru on reliablity. This information is care of your CR.
And then why has Ford risen up the ladder huh? Be as ignorant as you want but changes are coming.

Take also the fact that your so called "source" is a toyota dealer. Well that just speaks loads of unbiased opinions doesn't it You notice mine weren't. Another fault of your arguement.

What you need to do is remove the rose colored glasses you are currently wearing and look at the real world. Where in any of my post did I state that Ford did not have any recalls, I didn't, because every company does! They ARE safer vehicles though and I and many other people stand by that.

Once again, I will reiterate that changes do NOT happen overnight as you may think in your feeble attempt at a comeback.

Oh and since you are so focused on sales, guess what!!! The celica and echo are discontinued to *gasp* poor sales! And there aren't any replacements! Wow, who saw that coming

So take those facts into context and my rant is quite accomplished. Oh and don't forget to add in those infamous voluntary recalls toyo does. Doesn't really make them look too good now does it, hmmm?

Oh and just a word to the wise, the Pope was a sinner, IMO. He condoned covering up and assisting the priest who sexually abused children. (I hope I don't offend anyone with this comment as my father is a minister, just my opinion)
You know what Robert your test was quite simple. And I aced it
Thanks 68notch. I'll use Doug's words on this one. If ingnorance really is bliss then Robert must be the happiest little bugger on earth!
You can quote anecdotal information till the cows come home, bubba. Toyota builds better vehicles and the public knows it - which is why they've spoken with their wallets and why Consumer Reports and JD Powers continually recommend them.

Enjoying that QUALITY interior <cough> in your SN-95 Mustang, "ace"? Be interesting to see how much you get for it in a trade in, vs. the guy with a same model year Celica.

And you're trying to tell me that the Pope (despite his flaws) is a bigger sinner than Satan?! Where'd you get that idea from, your Grade Two education? Don't tell me, you probably watch FOX News, too?
Old 6/9/05, 04:37 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Robert@June 9, 2005, 4:08 PM
Enjoying that QUALITY interior <cough> in your SN-95 Mustang, "ace"? Be interesting to see how much you get for it in a trade in, vs. the guy with a same model year Celica.
He does have a point there.
Old 6/9/05, 05:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone who doesn't think I'm a Ford guy needs to look at my posts or my Avatar. I also know how to be objective. Objectively speaking, I agree Toyota is having some issues here and there, and Ford is improving. But Toyota's issues are few and far between when compared to their volume of sales, and Ford's improvements are happening relatively slowly. Looking at the balance sheet, it simply tells me that Ford has lost too much ground to Toyota - proven by their recent corporate ranking swap - to catch up any time soon...if ever.

We've had three Fords in my family (including a '67 GT390 and a '77 LTD). We've also owned two Toyotas (including a Celica). BOTH Toyotas were more reliable than any of the three Fords.

So I know all about first hand experience.
Old 6/9/05, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 68notch@June 9, 2005, 6:36 AM
Whatever you say, ace.
Your throat must get awfully parched. :scratch:
Old 6/9/05, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Robert+June 9, 2005, 5:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ June 9, 2005, 5:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Enjoying that QUALITY interior <cough> in your SN-95 Mustang, "ace"? Be interesting to see how much you get for it in a trade in, vs. the guy with a same model year Celica. [/b]

I bet his real SN-95 is a helluva lot more fun than your imaginary GT500.

<!--QuoteBegin-Robert
@June 9, 2005, 6:21 PM
Your throat must get awfully parched. :scratch:
[/quote] Sense. Try making some.
Old 6/9/05, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Red Star@June 9, 2005, 9:23 PM
What may happen or what should happen or what will happen I really don't know. For a lot of Toyota owners (like me for example) this safety issue won't affect of what they think about Toyota. Crown Victoria also have safety issue (location of gas tank), but cops are still driving them and people are still buying them.

Hey dip**** you want to talk safety issues? How about the fact that the Camry flunked the side impact test without airbags and was only ratted acceptable with them. Hey, you want to know something else? Out of twenty somewhat years of service only around 15 police officers ever died as a result of rear end collission in a crown victoria and the gas tank is only succeptible to rupture if the car is hit from a standstill from another vehicle impacting it at speeds greater than 80 mph. Lets see how well that POS camry does at withstanding rear impact at 80+mph. And just to make things more interesting, the crown vic has a five star front and rear impact rattings with a four star side impact ratting without airbags it is a solid five with them. Also Ford added a rupture shield to protect the car for the 2003 model year, I believe it was 2003, could of been 2004.
Old 6/9/05, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 68notch+June 9, 2005, 6:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(68notch @ June 9, 2005, 6:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I bet his real SN-95 is a helluva lot more fun than your imaginary GT500.
[/b]

You mean EVERYONE'S imaginary GT500, don't you? Last time I checked, the car wasn't out yet.

<!--QuoteBegin-68notch
@June 9, 2005, 6:44 PM
Sense. Try making some.
[/quote]
Intelligence. Try gaining some.
Old 6/9/05, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Robert@June 10, 2005, 1:09 AM
No one in their right minds - outside of cops, cab drivers and old folks - is gonna want to be caught dead driving an arcane Crown Victoria.

Oh, and by the way, it's spelled "rating," not "ratting," unless you're talking about rats.
Yeah my spelling isn't the best. I'd rather be driving an ultra roomy and smooth BOF Ford that runs forever than some unibody import with a harsh ride. That much I can say. Oh yeah, people who like big fast cars that are cheap and easy to work on buy vics too. Maybe you never visted crownvic.net , I don't think you have, but maybe you should. Never doubt the power of a big Ford.
Old 6/9/05, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StevenJ@June 9, 2005, 7:11 PM
Yeah my spelling isn't the best. I'd rather be driving an ultra roomy and smooth BOF Ford that runs forever than some unibody import with a harsh ride. That much I can say. Oh yeah, people who like big fast cars that are cheap and easy to work on buy vics too. Maybe you never visted crownvic.net , I don't think you have, but maybe you should. Never doubt the power of a big Ford.

You mean the power of that big '77 LTD we used to own with the 400 CID engine? The one where the power steering failed one day...where the door panel gaps were big enough to let a mouse through...where the paint was so bad you could practically see primer underneath?

But ya got me, it definitely had a pillowy, novocaine ride.
Old 6/9/05, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh yes a 77 LTD, really a fair comparison to a car that is riding on an all new frame since 2003 and an all new body since 98. Really a fair comparison.
Old 6/9/05, 08:49 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by StevenJ@June 9, 2005, 7:11 PM
I'd rather be driving an ultra roomy and smooth BOF Ford that runs forever than some unibody import with a harsh ride.
When you find that Ford that runs forever, let me know.
Old 6/9/05, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

You mean EVERYONE'S imaginary GT500, don't you? Last time I checked, the car wasn't out yet.
Right, but you're the lameass who puts in in his profile.

Intelligence. Try gaining some.
Very original. You must be proud.
Old 6/9/05, 09:04 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Let's not go personal into this. None of us have anything to do with all those cars we're defending (except maybe owning them).
Old 6/9/05, 09:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Robert@June 9, 2005, 5:08 PM
You can quote anecdotal information till the cows come home, bubba. Toyota builds better vehicles and the public knows it - which is why they've spoken with their wallets and why Consumer Reports and JD Powers continually recommend them.

And you're trying to tell me that the Pope (despite his flaws) is a bigger sinner than Satan?! Where'd you get that idea from, your Grade Two education? Don't tell me, you probably watch FOX News, too?
DONT EVER insult peoples intelligence or degrade people the way you are, it is very immature. His car has SE Seats and has the best interior that was in a mustang in 99, so shut it. You are totally out of line and your statements have no truth to them.
Old 6/9/05, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 68notch@June 9, 2005, 9:03 PM
Right, but you're the lameass who puts in in his profile.

Very original. You must be proud.
Wow, clever comebacks.

With that much wit, you must do well with the ladies.
Old 6/9/05, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@June 9, 2005, 9:26 PM
DONT EVER insult peoples intelligence or degrade people the way you are, it is very immature. His car has SE Seats and has the best interior that was in a mustang in 99, so shut it.
I speak the truth. The only question is what are you going to do about it? :nono:

Quick Reply: Death of Ford?