General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Auto Lift Post your Pictures Please

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/15 | 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

Auto Lift Post your Pictures Please

I am wanting to get a Lift. I have seen a few threads but nothing detailing the type,Brand and why some one choose that lift. I am looking right now at a BendPack, Rotary Revolution or a Challenger/Quality 4 post lifts.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 2/18/15 at 11:15 AM.
Old 2/21/15 | 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

Your kidding me. On this Forum there is no one that has any lifts or recommendations? I would of thought with all the Mods that go on here that there would be a ton of people with lifts.
Old 2/21/15 | 02:28 PM
Post *****

:search:

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I have been pondering this for a while. it seem for s home owner the best is a 4 post. That way you will not loose any storage room. You can park one above and still have a 2 car garage. with the Jack on a 4 post you can do just about anything you would want to do. I would love a 2 post but would not want to loose the space.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...4/#post6880019

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...2/#post6023930

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...2/#post6507389

Old 2/23/15 | 04:16 PM
Cobra Member

CD Thank you . I have search her for all of this and could not find anything.
Old 2/23/15 | 04:20 PM
Post *****

I've had the 4 post Bendpak for almost 4 years. I've never had a problem with install or anything since. Installed it myself with my nephew to do grunt work. I got the extra wide extra tall one because I can walk headache free under the tall one and the width is good up to even a raptor. Mustangs fit great. I've even had my wife's Navigator L on it. I use it for storage and all oil changes and exhaust mods.

Auto Lift Post your Pictures Please-image-2225285851.jpg

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/23/15 at 04:26 PM.
Old 2/23/15 | 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've had the 4 post Bendpak for almost 4 years. I've never had a problem with install or anything since. Installed it myself with my nephew to do grunt work. I got the extra wide extra tall one because I can walk headache free under the tall one and the width is good up to even a raptor. Mustangs fit great. I've even had my wife's Navigator L on it. I use it for storage and all oil changes and exhaust mods.

Attachment 168987
This is what I am trying to find out. I have a Suburban and all the rest of the cars are of the Mustang wheel base and width. So the Navigator fits on it good? Is there any over hang? I need a lift for what you have basically but I do not want one to long.
Old 2/23/15 | 05:56 PM
Post *****

This is what I am trying to find out. I have a Suburban and all the rest of the cars are of the Mustang wheel base and width. So the Navigator fits on it good? Is there any over hang? I need a lift for what you have basically but I do not want one to long.
The navigator fits perfect. The treads on the ramp have two positions. I am able to leave the treads on the wide position for both the Mustangs and the Navigator and the Raptor I used to have.

The model number lift I have is Bendpak HD-9XW It has a footprint of roughly 9'x16' It has been perfect for me. It come with everything you need. The motor is a 220v single phase at about 21 amps max I think. And you'll need a compressor and air to release the safeties. For a couple of years I just ran it off a little pancake air compressor till I got my big one fixed. You'll also need an inline dryer/oiler to keep water from compressor getting into lift and ruining the lines.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/23/15 at 05:59 PM.
Old 2/23/15 | 07:46 PM
Post *****

I've had the 4 post Bendpak for almost 4 years.
So is that simply bolted to the slab? Or did you pour deeper footings in those areas?
Old 2/23/15 | 08:22 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
So is that simply bolted to the slab? Or did you pour deeper footings in those areas?
I did not pour deeper footings. It says it's good on a 4" thick concrete slab. Mine is 5.5" in that area. They say you don't even have to bolt them down and they make a caster set for them but there's no way I'm not bolting this thing down.
Old 2/23/15 | 08:48 PM
Post *****

but there's no way I'm not bolting this thing down.
Afraid of the frack/shake/walk?

Get down funky town!

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/23/15 at 08:49 PM.
Old 2/24/15 | 01:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Attachment 168987
This is why I told the wife I need an RV garage when we get a new house. Just for the lift. LOL. I love all the cars in your stable too by the way. Awesome.
Old 2/26/15 | 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

The navigator fits perfect. The treads on the ramp have two positions. I am able to leave the treads on the wide position for both the Mustangs and the Navigator and the Raptor I used to have.

The model number lift I have is Bendpak HD-9XW It has a footprint of roughly 9'x16' It has been perfect for me. It come with everything you need. The motor is a 220v single phase at about 21 amps max I think. And you'll need a compressor and air to release the safeties. For a couple of years I just ran it off a little pancake air compressor till I got my big one fixed. You'll also need an inline dryer/oiler to keep water from compressor getting into lift and ruining the lines.
I have read that BendPaks have a decreased lift capacity based on wheel base. They are the only ones that I have talked with that do. I am glad you have this lift. The bendpak was first on my list till I found that out. If I get the longer model then it decreases almost by 25% with the shorter Wheel based cars I have. Is there any flexing in the runways?

I am not planning on bolting the lift down.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 2/26/15 at 11:24 AM.
Old 2/26/15 | 12:28 PM
Post *****

I have read that BendPaks have a decreased lift capacity based on wheel base. They are the only ones that I have talked with that do. I am glad you have this lift. The bendpak was first on my list till I found that out. If I get the longer model then it decreases almost by 25% with the shorter Wheel based cars I have. Is there any flexing in the runways? I am not planning on bolting the lift down.

This is true

With the Mustangs and trucks my weight distribution is front biased. Basically the reason for the reduced wright is they don't want you putting all the weight in the middle of the runners but instead prefer it closer to the columns naturally.

I tend to park the car forward to put the weight of the engine as close to front columns as possible. Either way the Mustangs are less than 4,000 pounds and the raptor as navigator were about 6.000 pounds on the longer wheelbase. I will never put any more than that on it. I think they are smart for letting the customer know you can't just put an 80" wheelbase car that weighs 9,000 pounds in the middle of this thing.

You certainly don't have to bolt it down but the columns had better be **** well level. If not then the car is being lowered at a slight angle or dip. I'd chock the heck out of the wheels and and make sure that the runners are dead level. A lean or shift would be really bad.
Old 2/26/15 | 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Thank you for all the great information. Sounds like we have the same type vehicles to put on the lift. I was worried as on the Garage Journal that I am on they have had runway deflection on some lifts. Do you have the 120v or 220 motor?
Old 2/26/15 | 02:24 PM
Post *****

Thank you for all the great information. Sounds like we have the same type vehicles to put on the lift. I was worried as on the Garage Journal that I am on they have had runway deflection on some lifts. Do you have the 120v or 220 motor?
I have 220 motor

I built the house new and planned on the 220 motor and its location

I have not noticed any runway deflection at all in these four years. And there is usually a Mustang stored on it at all times. I've never had a truck or SuV on it for longer than an hour.

Maybe I'm lucky or ignorant I just can't say.
Old 2/26/15 | 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Awesome garage.