2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Page 3 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat

2018 Jeep Trackhawk

Old 1/11/18, 01:30 PM   #41  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage_3 View Post
That's awesome Dennis.
I take it you like the Jeeps as you had a 2014 and now a 2017, correct?
I liked the 2014 but had a lot of trouble with it. Transmissions were developing problems and mine was one of them. I had mine replaced but it was never the same. I struggled through and finally got rid of it and got a 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I wasn't a fan of that and saw a good deal back in August on a new 2017 Cherokee and grabbed it. So far so good with it!
denlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 1/11/18, 02:07 PM   #42  
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlem View Post
I liked the 2014 but had a lot of trouble with it. Transmissions were developing problems and mine was one of them. I had mine replaced but it was never the same. I struggled through and finally got rid of it and got a 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I wasn't a fan of that and saw a good deal back in August on a new 2017 Cherokee and grabbed it. So far so good with it!
That sucks about the 2014. Let me guess????? The clunking sound??
Hopefully the new one is going to be a great ride for you man. Good luck Dennis.
Stage_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/11/18, 03:46 PM   #43  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage_3 View Post
That sucks about the 2014. Let me guess????? The clunking sound??
Hopefully the new one is going to be a great ride for you man. Good luck Dennis.
Clunking, slamming, etc. One of the issues with the 9 speed was supposed to be a snap ring position. I guess it could break or something like that. One of the recalls had you bring it into the dealer and they would hook it up to the computer and stress it and have it fail. Mine passed, then failed a few weeks later.

I was tempted for a GC when I got the 2017 and there was a nice one in the showroom. My wallet said no though.
denlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/12/18, 02:21 PM   #44  
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlem View Post
Clunking, slamming, etc. One of the issues with the 9 speed was supposed to be a snap ring position. I guess it could break or something like that. One of the recalls had you bring it into the dealer and they would hook it up to the computer and stress it and have it fail. Mine passed, then failed a few weeks later.

I was tempted for a GC when I got the 2017 and there was a nice one in the showroom. My wallet said no though.
That sucks man. That's always the case. Right after being in the shop, the issues arise.
Good luck with the new ride Dennis. Enjoy.
Stage_3 is offline   Reply With Quote