2010 Camaro Dealers Guide

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628241

Glad to see it has "2 World Class Cup Holders"
Old 8/16/08, 10:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Glad to see it has "2 World Class Cup Holders"
They spent 15 million dollars and the lives of several engineers getting it right, but so help them their cup holders will accommodate a Viente Expresso Roast!
Old 8/16/08, 12:14 PM
FR500 Member

Love how it mentions the Mustang - good luck, IMO, it's gonna need it.
Old 8/16/08, 04:35 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno why everybody is ragging on this car. Looks good to me. Feature-wise, it's WAY out ahead of the current Stang.

I AM a bit surprised that they're not even offering NAV, though...given all the other stuff they are offering.

Last edited by Hollywood_North GT; 8/16/08 at 04:41 PM.
Old 8/16/08, 10:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I dunno why everybody is ragging on this car. Looks good to me. Feature-wise, it's WAY out ahead of the current Stang.
I agree...I have to give credit where credit is due. I'd put one in my garage right next to my Pony. If I could afford it I'd have a Challenger as well in the 3rd bay of my garage.
Old 8/16/08, 11:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm sorry. I hate the rear end. And yes I know hate is a strong word, but I hate that rear end. All of it. And right now, though I haven't seen it in person yet, I severely dislike the interior. Other than that, it looks great.
Old 8/17/08, 12:11 AM

I dunno why everybody is ragging on this car. Looks good to me.
It's a Yanks-Red Sox/Cards-Cubs thing.

It's pretty darn overweight, the interior is an abomination which makes Dodge's parts-bin offering look classy, while the Mustang is mostly eschewing faux scoops and show-only aero the Camaro is embracing them, its looking less capable/feature-packed than the 2011 Mustang except for IRS, it took Aussie spare parts to get GM to make another Camaro while the Mustang never went away, and its taking them 6 forevers to finally cook this thing up while they've been telling us how awesome they are, I mean it is, for that entire time.
Feature-wise, it's WAY out ahead of the current Stang.
Sure, its way ahead of the current 'Stang in many places. Be pretty pointless if it couldn't at least match a car that'll have been on lots for 5 years when Camaro gets to customers. But considering GM's had the current 'Stang as its benchmark for several years I can't say I'm awed. If it were everything it is and 500 lbs lighter, or priced identically to the current Mustang, or got 30% better mileage, I'd give credit where its due. But for all that it looks like ultimately the only advantages the 2010 Camaro will hold over the 2010 Mustang will be in engines and IRS, and one of those two goes away in 2011.
I AM a bit surprised that they're not even offering NAV, though...given all the other stuff they are offering.
Mustang with a good interior update and up-to-date SYNC/Nav will be pretty compelling for feature-hunters.
Old 8/17/08, 01:15 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Moosetang
It's a Yanks-Red Sox/Cards-Cubs thing.

It's pretty darn overweight, the interior is an abomination which makes Dodge's parts-bin offering look classy, while the Mustang is mostly eschewing faux scoops and show-only aero the Camaro is embracing them, its looking less capable/feature-packed than the 2011 Mustang except for IRS, it took Aussie spare parts to get GM to make another Camaro while the Mustang never went away, and its taking them 6 forevers to finally cook this thing up while they've been telling us how awesome they are, I mean it is, for that entire time.

Sure, its way ahead of the current 'Stang in many places. Be pretty pointless if it couldn't at least match a car that'll have been on lots for 5 years when Camaro gets to customers. But considering GM's had the current 'Stang as its benchmark for several years I can't say I'm awed. If it were everything it is and 500 lbs lighter, or priced identically to the current Mustang, or got 30% better mileage, I'd give credit where its due. But for all that it looks like ultimately the only advantages the 2010 Camaro will hold over the 2010 Mustang will be in engines and IRS, and one of those two goes away in 2011.

Mustang with a good interior update and up-to-date SYNC/Nav will be pretty compelling for feature-hunters.
X2

OH MY GOODNESS MOOSESTANG!!!! You said literally exactly what I was about to say. I could not agree more! Thanks for saving me 5 minutes.
Old 8/17/08, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm sorry. I hate the rear end. And yes I know hate is a strong word, but I hate that rear end. All of it. And right now, though I haven't seen it in person yet, I severely dislike the interior. Other than that, it looks great.
I agree completely. Rear end is just terrible. I really like the side profile, and think the front end looks pretty good, very aggressive. But that interior... blah.

Also, +1 to everyone who said where's the nav? Not even an option? Come on now GM...
Old 8/17/08, 11:35 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by titanjc
I agree completely. Rear end is just terrible. I really like the side profile, and think the front end looks pretty good, very aggressive. But that interior... blah.

Also, +1 to everyone who said where's the nav? Not even an option? Come on now GM...
Turn-by-turn NAV for the initial launch...apparently an actual NAV system will come out in late 2009. Not sure where they'll put it, unless they're planning some sort of pop-up system like the CTS.

If so, that could be very cool, actually.

Personally, I think this is a **** fine effort on GM's part. And I think the interior is cool. From the ambient, glowing light-piping in the dash, to the console gauges, to the HUD, to the fact that none of the controls look like they come from the GM parts bin - I think this is a great effort.

Of course, final judgement will have to be reserved until seeing one in the flesh. But the car definitely has the "stuff", both in terms of looks, performance specs and features.
Old 8/17/08, 03:44 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only thing I like about this car is the HUD. I grew tired of the looks last year lol. And the interior.....
Old 8/17/08, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
X2

OH MY GOODNESS MOOSESTANG!!!! You said literally exactly what I was about to say. I could not agree more! Thanks for saving me 5 minutes.
my pleasure.
Old 8/17/08, 06:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I agree. I said before that it looks like they grabbed the tail lights out of the old Vette bin, now they admit it.
I also agree that I like the rest. It makes the Challenger look 2nd rate.
Would I buy one?...maybe if the used prices drop sharply in a couple years.
Old 8/17/08, 08:46 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
The only thing I like about this car is the HUD. I grew tired of the looks last year lol. And the interior.....
I'd happily sit in your vomit.

Old 8/18/08, 06:29 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's not a bad car per se...but it's far from perfect
It's great Chevy has come back with it. (I just think they showed it too early, and it already needs a MCE and it's not even out yet)

but..that interior is an abortion...
Old 8/26/08, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

ss under 30k?

Could this be true? Do I see a pattern here? First the G8 under $30K now the Camaro SS?
What's this world coming to?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6212

Last edited by matko; 8/26/08 at 10:42 AM.
Old 8/26/08, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by matko
Could this be true? Do I see a pattern here? First the G8 under $30K now the Camaro SS?
What's this world coming to?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6212
A It's Edmunds so don't call it gospel until you see it shored up by other sources
B And look how much the G8 has benefited from "sneaking in just under $30K"
Old 8/26/08, 01:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Agreed... The rear is the worst part of the car... I will wait to judge the interior until i see it...