Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Where to Store for the Winter?

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/06, 01:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where to Store for the Winter?

Hey guys,
Well it turns out that my dad and I got a really good deal on a 2006 demo Mustang GT today, and we bought it . I'll make a bigger post about that on Monday when we pick it up.

Anyways, we want to store it for most of the winter and we're trying to figure out where to do so. I called up some public storage places, so thats an option, but they're kinda pricey. Only got a 2 car garage here so I might just park it outside during the night w/ a cover and then put it in the garage during the daytime.

So, just kinda looking for a better option, and I was wondering what you guys do for the winter.

Thanks for the help
Old 10/28/06, 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

A Cover-All works good, If you have the Space.
(10ft x 20ft Foot print)
Attached Thumbnails Where to Store for the Winter?-endsum05-003-medium-.jpg   Where to Store for the Winter?-snow-002-medium-.jpg  
Old 10/28/06, 01:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hm, thats cool. Where'd you get it?
Old 10/28/06, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

CostCo, But stores like Peavy Mart and Hardwares that cater to Farmers
will handle them.
Old 10/28/06, 01:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Hey guys,
Well it turns out that my dad and I got a really good deal on a 2006 demo Mustang GT today, and we bought it . I'll make a bigger post about that on Monday when we pick it up.

Anyways, we want to store it for most of the winter and we're trying to figure out where to do so. I called up some public storage places, so thats an option, but they're kinda pricey. Only got a 2 car garage here so I might just park it outside during the night w/ a cover and then put it in the garage during the daytime.

So, just kinda looking for a better option, and I was wondering what you guys do for the winter.

Thanks for the help
Why doesn't the Mustang go in the garage and the other car stay outside with a heater plug or something to keep it warm? My truck stays out and freezes all winter. Starting it and running it for a few minutes just to put it in the garage isn't good for it even in the summer.
Old 10/28/06, 04:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by k3druid
(10ft x 20ft Foot print)
Hey was just curios do you recall what Costco charged for the tent ? & Thanks Ed
Old 10/28/06, 05:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with karman's post above - leave one of the other vehicles outside. Starting the GT to only move in/out of garage will be terrible for it.

Sorry, not much help other than that - I have a 3 car garage so no problem.
Old 10/28/06, 05:21 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally Posted by k3druid
(10ft x 20ft Foot print)
Those outdoor garages are good, problem is in the city, they won't let you put one up as far as I know, some bylaw stuff or something

Do what I do, keep the stang in the garage and clean whoever's car that was in the garage on winter mornings
Old 10/28/06, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Heres my 10X20 winter and all year self storage unit. Month to month, $200 , but where I live that is a good price for the size and location.
Attached Images  
Old 10/28/06, 11:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think it was about $250.
Good Quality, this is it's second Winter and everything is OK.
Cheaper than others on the Market now.
Old 10/29/06, 07:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Hey guys,

Thanks for the help
Tell you what, I'll do you a favor and not even charge you. Bring it down here, (St. Louis MO. ) and I'll take it out every day to keep all the bearings lubed, run it so no cobwebs will gather, make sure no carbon builds up in the cylinders, make sure there is a fresh layer of rubber on the tires (preventing dry rotting on the bottoms), Keep fresh fuel in the tank on a weekly basis, Keep it washed (weather permiting), and keep close watch on any problems that may occur during highspeed driving and cornering. If there are any other issues I need to keep an eye on I will do that at my convenience. Sounds like a deal to me.
Let me know when you'll be down.
This offer goes to anybody else who would like to take advantage of this offer.
Old 10/29/06, 08:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Tell you what, I'll do you a favor and not even charge you. Bring it down here, (St. Louis MO. ) and I'll take it out every day to keep all the bearings lubed, run it so no cobwebs will gather, make sure no carbon builds up in the cylinders, make sure there is a fresh layer of rubber on the tires (preventing dry rotting on the bottoms), Keep fresh fuel in the tank on a weekly basis, Keep it washed (weather permiting), and keep close watch on any problems that may occur during highspeed driving and cornering. If there are any other issues I need to keep an eye on I will do that at my convenience. Sounds like a deal to me.
Let me know when you'll be down.
This offer goes to anybody else who would like to take advantage of this offer.
Heh heh. Sounds like a deal, I might need you to make sure that she can keep up a consistant ET in the 1/4 mile as well.

Picking her up tomorrow, probally going to keep in the garage or buy one of the tent jobbies, most likely the garage though. Thanks for all of the input guys.