Northwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

I was bad to my car

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/05, 09:32 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well I am ticked with my self tonite - finally gave in to someone hounding me to go fast... a 1966 comet convertible- .. hot rodded out. Sweet looking car - obviously cared for and very fast car.

On a positive note he couldnt catch me, took him from the line and steady and slowly pulled away. In the end I manage to take him by about 12 car lengths at the end of 1/2 mile straight country road. we hit about 100 I lost track at that point

on a negative note - I took the rpms up too high in second and found the 6200 rpm rev limiter - engine suddenly spooled down and dropped off - I immediately hit 3rd and the engine jump back online..

I feel really bad - and hopefully I did nothing evil to the engine.
Car sounded and performed fine afterwards. Truth is I have never hammered like that on the car before... and I wont do it again.... :nono:
Old 4/19/05, 01:14 AM
Bullitt Member

It'll be o.k. I have hit the rev limiter twice. It's a protection device so it is basically doing its job, keeping the engine from reving into dangerous rpm's.

I know what ya mean though about feeling bad, my car is like my baby!

Nick
Old 4/19/05, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by AJC@April 18, 2005, 9:35 PM
I feel really bad - and hopefully I did nothing evil to the engine.
Car sounded and performed fine afterwards. Truth is I have never hammered like that on the car before... and I wont do it again.... :nono:
I'm always bumping into my rev-limiter

Then again, I'm usually at the TRACK!

Some of you North end boys aught to think about trying the 1/8-mile drags in Monroe sometime.................... Could be lots 'O fun!

www.evergreenspeedway.com/schedule.html
Old 4/19/05, 10:28 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I have a friend who races at the 1/8 mile.

I havent been out to the races and Monroe in about 10 yrs... Used to go regularly. Last time I went is when that driver (John Gay?) super stocks was killed in the fire when he was rearended on the back straight.
A year before that my friend and I entered a demo derby car, Lost but darn it was fun.
Old 4/19/05, 10:31 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

btw- Man what nite for a drive - the sunset over puget sound was great. Everett was nice and peaceful..

Although it would be nice to know where all the cruisers go on sunny evenings in this area. I have been out of touch with cruising for a long... long time....
Old 4/20/05, 02:00 AM

btw- Man what nite for a drive - the sunset over puget sound was great.

Awe it was real nice this afternoon rode the Harley to work had to work a half shift. No nothing of hitting the rev limit on the Mustang as I dont have mine YET. But have hit the rev limit on my bike a few times I have it set at 6500 its always 2nd gear I have to watch. I can not wait to get my Mustang and find the rev limit...........
Old 4/20/05, 09:55 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by AJC@April 19, 2005, 10:34 PM
btw- Man what nite for a drive - the sunset over puget sound was great. Everett was nice and peaceful..

Although it would be nice to know where all the cruisers go on sunny evenings in this area. I have been out of touch with cruising for a long... long time....
Cruizn has been pretty much shut down by the local townships around here since the early 80’s. If you drive into Everett from Marysville on Broadway you’ll se several “No Cruising” signs as you come into town. Not that it bothers me much, seeing as I don’t pass through that area more than once on a given trip. Generally If I’m up for a drive (Like tonight for instance ) I’ll take the trestle over the valley, cross town on Hewitt then up 99 till I get board and head home the same way, or hop over the BTHL/EVT. Hwy.

In the summer Months, local hot rod guys use to have cruizin’s at the Taco Time in Lynnwood Friday Nights (Heard it's now moved further south somewhere due to new construction in their parking lot). Saturday Nights, folks head to the Mc Donald’s in Clearview on Hwy 9. Late Model guys from a couple of the other forums are known to hang out at the Burger Master on BTHL/EVT. Hwy near Silver Lake most Friday Nights.
Old 4/20/05, 12:46 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

yeah i know about the cruisin restrictions grew up in bothell and I have lived in Marysville for 6 yrs

i was just wondering were everyone goes these days now that I have a hankerin for driving around again in a nice car .

i head down state st in marysville, over the trestles, up broadway, up hewitt, up evergreen way to around Fredmeyer and back reverse route- so i dont violate the cruisin laws
Old 5/28/05, 01:52 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by AJC@April 20, 2005, 10:49 AM
i was just wondering were everyone goes these days now that I have a hankerin for driving around again in a nice car .
You ever go to StangNet? The Northwest forum there is one of the most active forums on the site. People are always getting together for meets, cruises, and whatnot.

Dave
Old 5/29/05, 12:57 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

yeah I am registered there as AJC-05gt my original account went poof