Mid-Atlantic Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

So..um...where are all the Virginians?

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/08, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
So..um...where are all the Virginians?

Helloooooooo hellloooo hellloo hello hel.....

Seems a little empty in here...

Anyone know of any groups, clubs, get togethers, etc in VA? I live in the Hampton Roads area, and got my Stang a few days ago. Be nice to find some like minded individuals to hang with and entertain all things car.

Cheers!
Old 1/7/08, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Hello Justin. I'm south of the James from you. Like the Vista Blue - it was one of the colors I seriously considered before Black reeled me back in again.

There's a Peninsula Mustang Club, as well as a Tidewater Mustang Club. I haven't had the opportunity to connect with either yet, other than going to a few of their shows. But they're nice folks.
Old 1/7/08, 05:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm here too.

Another club in the area, which I'm a member of: Peninsula Mustang Enthusiasts.

http://www.peninsulamustang.com/

Places to go:
Jenro's in VA Beach, or Bass Pro in Hampton. Of course, with it being the middle of the winter, I believe that Jenro's is closed, but Bass Pro might have people show up if it's nice (but I'm not sure)
Old 1/8/08, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Justin, if you don't mind a drive, and you know where MIR Dragway is (Budds Creek, MD), there is a Mustang get-together on March 29th. Gonna be a fun day. Check out my other post called Get Out Of The Cold. Worth a roadtrip if you live rather far. PM me with any questions.
Old 1/8/08, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jeff I think its the 22nd
Old 1/9/08, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Rapture
Jeff I think its the 22nd
No, he changed the date, as the 22nd was Easter Weekend, and was screwing up alot of people. He moved it to the 29th.
Old 1/9/08, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the info! I'll definitely look up some of those groups in my area, but I'm not in anyway opposed to going on a road trip for a bigger event.

I know right where Bass Pro is (you are talking about the big one off 64 I'm assuming...)

Is there a website for the March event or anything mentioned through MIR Dragway?
Old 1/9/08, 04:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Hey guys thanks for the info! I'll definitely look up some of those groups in my area, but I'm not in anyway opposed to going on a road trip for a bigger event.

I know right where Bass Pro is (you are talking about the big one off 64 I'm assuming...)

Is there a website for the March event or anything mentioned through MIR Dragway?
Hey Justin, yes there is a website. Getoutofthecold.net. Click on that link I attached, it will tell you all you need to know. Check out the pics from "Year Three". You'll see a few pics of me applying painter's tape to the front of my car for the long drive home from the hotel. Great item to prevent chips. If your interested in going, the best thing, would be to go onto Badmustangsclub.com, register (you can probably use the same screen name as here) and hit the Events thread, where there are over 25 different threads. There is a group from Va heading up together. Maybe you can jump in that convoy. I went last year and it was a blast to drag the 1/4 mile. Hope to see ya there.

BTW, if you do decide to go, make sure you do post up on Badmustang. This way, Jason can get an accurate head count. Plus we will be doing dinner at Outback afterwards. If you got any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. Oh, and if you do post, make sure you mention I sent you to BadMC.
Old 1/9/08, 05:15 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

There will be a "Test & Tune" at the North East Dragway this Saturday. http://northeastdragway.com/ I'll make the trip if the weather will cooperate. I Usually don't see many other street driven Mustangs there though.
Old 1/9/08, 07:55 PM
Cobra R Member

That's the one
Old 3/21/08, 06:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Helloooooooo hellloooo hellloo hello hel.....

Seems a little empty in here...

Anyone know of any groups, clubs, get togethers, etc in VA? I live in the Hampton Roads area, and got my Stang a few days ago. Be nice to find some like minded individuals to hang with and entertain all things car.

Cheers!
I live in the Hampton Roads area as well, just drove my Mustang up from P'cola last week. Shoot me a PM, we'll hit up a car show, GOOTC, or just hang out in the garage, drink a beer, and talk Mustang.