The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/)
-   -   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/midwest-tmsers-general-communication-thread-459585/)

tom281 2/11/08 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 1105997)
Good morning gentelmen...you too Tom

Hey thanks Cody..... :grin:

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1106014)
Like I said before drone= sound of power. You got a Muscle Car, perhaps you really want a VW or a Chevie.:poke:

Hahahaha, VW...... Hey Old Indian Dude, you still gonna bring Karen's bug on the next dyno day?? :poke:

:rofl2:

dly 2/11/08 06:38 AM

http://images2.autoanything.com/imag..._11750_400.gif
http://images2.autoanything.com/imag.../plus_zoom.gif Rear-Section Exhaust - "S-Type"
Ships between 02/11/2008 - 02/12/2008
  • The "S-Type" is Borla's Aggressive Sounding Race System
  • 2 Single-Inlet, Single-Outlet "S-Type" Mufflers
  • 2 Round, Rolled, Angle-Cut Tips
  • Rear-Section Kit Only
  • Replaces Over-Axle Pipes, Mufflers and Tips
http://images2.autoanything.com/imag..._11752_513.gif
http://images2.autoanything.com/imag.../plus_zoom.gif Rear-Section Exhaust - "Touring-Type"
Ships between 02/11/2008 - 02/12/2008
  • The "Touring-Type" is Borla's Mild Sounding System
  • 2 Single-Inlet, Single-Outlet "Touring-Type" Mufflers
  • 2 Round, Rolled, Angle-Cut Tips
  • Rear-Section Kit Only
  • Replaces Over-Axle Pipes, Mufflers and Tips
Ok which one is better?????:dunno:

blkstang06 2/11/08 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1106014)
Like I said before drone= sound of power. You got a Muscle Car, perhaps you really want a VW or a Chevie.:poke:

Right on! Darrell .....Just surrender to the drone...:metal:I'm putting my FRPP Stingers on and a Mac Pro-chamber and buying some new CD's turn up the tunes and let it drone......I'm loosing my eye sight might as well finish my hearing off too!!.....:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1106021)
Hey! 70MACH1OWNER, I owe you a big wet kiss and a steak dinner! :jester: for hookin me up with the OD adjustments with my delete tune! Weather up date from the prairies of Illinois, 4 degrees and staring to snow!! Not fit for man nor beast.....:banghead:

And I am going to mail out some metric bolts today for your new Prothanes. You may be in to me for some new muffs if your not careful. :jester: Glad you like it!

blkstang06 2/11/08 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1106033)
And I am going to mail out some metric bolts today for your new Prothanes. You may be in to me for some new muffs if your not careful. :jester: Glad you like it!

Cool! thanks Pal!..:nice:

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1106026)
Right on! Darrell .....Just surrender to the drone...:metal:I'm putting my FRPP Stingers on and a Mac Pro-chamber and buying some new CD's turn up the tunes and let it drone......I'm loosing my eye sight might as well finish my hearing off too!!.....:jester:

If you keep your stocks cats on this setup won't be to bad. If fact I ran the same setup except with the Borla stingers. But when you remove the cats or go with the longtubes all bets are off. It get way too rough and ragged sounding. :shame: That's why I think going back to a baffled muffler like the Magnaflows is the right thing to do. Others with longtubes that have used them have convinced me of this. That's why ToolBand Boy :jester: added resonators to his setup to make it livable.

blkstang06 2/11/08 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1106045)
If you keep your stocks cats on this setup won't be to bad. If fact I ran the same setup except with the Borla stingers. But when you remove the cats or go with the longtubes all bets are off. It get way too rough and ragged sounding. :shame: That's why I think going back to a baffled muffler like the Magnaflows is the right thing to do. Others with longtubes that have used them have convinced me of this. That's why ToolBand Boy :jester: added resonators to his setup to make it livable.

So you think the O/R Prochamber and the Stingers and my Shorty Headers will sound to ragged! If tooldude281 couldn't handle it I may be in trouble with that set up! because anybody that can listen to tool can take beatin' with a tire iron. I wonder if High flow cats would help?

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1106053)
So you think the O/R Prochamber and the Stingers and my Shorty Headers will sound to ragged! If tooldude281 couldn't handle it I may be in trouble with that set up! because anybody that can listen to tool can take beatin' with a tire iron. I wonder if High flow cats would help?

Basically YES.
If you are keeping the stock cats in place I think you will be okay. It will drone some but I ran this setup for over a year. It was when I went offroad is when it got out of hand. Tom needs to chime in here also. Because this is why he added the resonators to control the LOUD..ragged sound.

tom281 2/11/08 08:28 AM

Tooldude loved the volume and tone, just hated the 2500rpm trumpeting. With a manual trans and 4.10s, seemed like everytime I shifted gears around town I wound up right at 2500rpm where the trumpeting is.

Adding the resonators took care of the trumpeting, but also lost some volume. This is why I tried the SLP loudmouths, in the attempt of getting some volume back but they didn't sound as good as the Borlas.

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1106082)
Tooldude loved the volume and tone, just hated the 2500rpm trumpeting. With a manual trans and 4.10s, seemed like everytime I shifted gears around town I wound up right at 2500rpm where the trumpeting is.

Adding the resonators took care of the trumpeting, but also lost some volume. This is why I tried the SLP loudmouths, in the attempt of getting some volume back but they didn't sound as good as the Borlas.

STD,
The trumpeting that Tom is talking about is what I am calling ragged sounding. I have also used the term cackle to discribe the same sound. This trumpeting shows up big time after you lose the cats. And now I believe it is even further amplified by the longtubes. Hope this helps.

frdtch05gt 2/11/08 09:26 AM

I can't wait for spring, this cold stuff sucks. It was right around 0 when I left for work yesterday at 1pm. It looks like today will be more of the same.

codeman94 2/11/08 11:17 AM

Hey OLD70MACHPOST*****...your are starting to catch me in post count becuase of all the *****ing... or.... I'm sorry... "soliciting" you do in this thread...:jester:

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 1106170)
Hey OLD70MACHPOST*****...your are starting to catch me in post count becuase of all the *****ing... or.... I'm sorry... "soliciting" you do in this thread...:jester:

I've had my sights set on you for awhile now Cody. :jester::bs: You only joined 3 weeks before me. Seems you been doing your fair share of post w****ing yourself!

tom281 2/11/08 12:37 PM

Here you go dly, it's now been posted:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...ostcount=15474

And what's with all the ***** talk around Valentine's Day?? :screwy:

:jester:

dly 2/11/08 12:59 PM

So what is the best no drone muffler?????

codeman94 2/11/08 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1106193)
I've had my sights set on you for awhile now Cody. :jester::bs: You only joined 3 weeks before me. Seems you been doing your fair share of post w****ing yourself!

I have a legit 2.65 posts per day post rate... that doesnt sound like w***ing to me?:dunno::jester:

but...givin the numbers..you are most likely close to mine in that area.

tom281 2/11/08 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1106239)
So what is the best no drone muffler?????

Corsa, of course. :nice:

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 1106248)
I have a legit 2.65 posts per day post rate... that doesnt sound like w***ing to me?:dunno::jester:

but...givin the numbers..you are most likely close to mine in that area.

He he he...My post rate is only a misley 2.60 per day. :rofl2: You win.
So you better watch who your calling a post w****.:jester: :poke::slap:

70MACH1OWNER 2/11/08 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1106256)

I forget now why you got rid of your Corsa muffler since that has been like 6 muffler, 1 shorty header install and 2 mid pipes ago.:screwy: Why?

dly 2/11/08 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1106256)

MMMMMMMMMM must be gold plated at $750 minus Tom's Brenspeed discount.:poke: