The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/)
-   -   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f642/midwest-tmsers-general-communication-thread-459585/)

blkstang06 2/16/08 09:00 PM

Propain motor mounts installed!....Shaftmaster's ''penetrator'' aluminum drive shaft next month!

tom281 2/16/08 09:26 PM

hhahahaa, nice avatar :grin:

blkstang06 2/16/08 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1110026)
hhahahaa, nice avatar :grin:

Thank you!...:nice:

Eleanor Dreaming 2/16/08 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1109920)
Hey Ben,
The first thing that went thru my mind last night was " I don't want Ben to know". :shame: They may not help much when you are doing a N/A pull but I bet they are a really more of a benefit when you are on the juice! Brent says he sees a wide range in just how stock motors pull everyday.
Scott

Well, Maybe I can find some solice in the fact that after some research. I did find that the Dyno numbers (not that I didn't believe you guys but I had to see it for myself) can be lowered by anywhere between 1-5% by changing from the 3:55 to 4:10 gears. I have always been on the 18" boat anchors. Since my last Dyno was on the stock gears at 300, if I use the median of a 3% loss. I might have started 9 RWHP down before the change. So maybe I actually got around 30 or more for this trip to Brents. I know the car is meaner. I noticed coming home while in fifth at 65 or so which is around 2200 RPM it took nothing to move around people.

In the tech section, they got over 40+ with the Stage 3 cams (they said they are only marginally better than the NSR Cams), the racer and the throttle body. Even with every car being different I think only seeing half of that is purty low.

Gee, I wonder if we take that same power loss senario to Tom's numbers, na we won't go there.

Eleanor Dreaming 2/16/08 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1110014)
Propain motor mounts installed!....Shaftmaster's ''penetrator'' aluminum drive shaft next month!

Did Hank Hill sell you those Propain motor mounts. He says Propain is the clean burning fuel.

frdtch05gt 2/16/08 11:21 PM

Excellent numbers Scott! I'd have a huge grin on my face with that kind of result too. :nice:

70MACH1OWNER 2/17/08 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming (Post 1110088)
Well, Maybe I can find some solice in the fact that after some research. I did find that the Dyno numbers (not that I didn't believe you guys but I had to see it for myself) can be lowered by anywhere between 1-5% by changing from the 3:55 to 4:10 gears. I have always been on the 18" boat anchors. Since my last Dyno was on the stock gears at 300, if I use the median of a 3% loss. I might have started 9 RWHP down before the change. So maybe I actually got around 30 or more for this trip to Brents. I know the car is meaner. I noticed coming home while in fifth at 65 or so which is around 2200 RPM it took nothing to move around people.

In the tech section, they got over 40+ with the Stage 3 cams (they said they are only marginally better than the NSR Cams), the racer and the throttle body. Even with every car being different I think only seeing half of that is purty low.

Gee, I wonder if we take that same power loss senario to Tom's numbers, na we won't go there.

That all makes good sense. Is the throttle reaction time and feel the same as the stock TB?

70MACH1OWNER 2/17/08 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1110014)

Glad you got the "Propain" mounts in. And only you would get the "penetrator" style drive shaft. And I like your new avatar. You getting closer. :jester: And I see you have your signature updated about your already out of date autotrans tune. I saw in the order book at Brenspeed where you ordered a set of decals in "silver" on Thursday. Tom is still one up on you in the Brenspeed advertising arena. Maybe he will tell you about it and post a picture of his new mod since I let the cat out of the bag. :-)

dly 2/17/08 05:04 AM

Glad to see everybody got home safe and with thiner wallets. Congratulations to all for your power gains.
Scott I checked with "MY Man Mitch" and you own $10.45 for all that good Indiana salt you took out of state. Just make the check out to me and I'll make sure Mitch gets it.:rofl2:

Next time make the speed gettin day in nicer weather and I'll be there:nice:

70MACH1OWNER 2/17/08 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 1110173)
Glad to see everybody got home safe and with thiner wallets. Congratulations to all for your power gains.
Scott I checked with "MY Man Mitch" and you own $10.45 for all that good Indiana salt you took out of state. Just make the check out to me and I'll make sure Mitch gets it.:rofl2:

Next time make the speed gettin day in nicer weather and I'll be there:nice:

Maybe we can all meet up at the spring dyno day. So far I have been to Brenspeeds 3 times. It has rained the first 2 times and had some snow flurries this time. Does the sun ever shine in northern Indiana?:dunno: I will send a check out right away Darrell along with the estimate for the impending body work I expect from salt damage.

tom281 2/17/08 05:42 AM

Scott- Mac mufflers, $165: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=77566

70MACH1OWNER 2/17/08 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1110178)

Thanks for the tip. :nice:But I have already told the fellow up north I wanted his Magnaflows. I don't think you know this but I had Brent change the shifting points on 1st, 2nd and 3rd to 3000 rpm. Meaning it won't shift until that rpm is met. While I think I might have him raise it up to 3500 rpm there seems to be a side benefit. It keeps the car out of that 2000-2500 cackle range. It made the GTA's sound better on the way home yesterday. Funny how little changes effect a bunch of things. And the cams also seems to give me a little more volume of sound while cruising at 70 mph. Not drone just a little more sound. Did you notice the same thing about your car Ben?

tom281 2/17/08 07:07 AM

Hey 3000 posts there Scott...... man Cody was right. :jester:

blkstang06 2/17/08 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming (Post 1110090)
Did Hank Hill sell you those Propain motor mounts. He says Propain is the clean burning fuel.

:lol:That would be Propane. Mine where Propain as in The right bank passenger side was a "Pain'' to deal with, my header made it tight removing the motor bracket...:banghead:

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1110169)
Glad you got the "Propain" mounts in. And only you would get the "penetrator" style drive shaft. And I like your new avatar. You getting closer. :jester: And I see you have your signature updated about your already out of date autotrans tune. I saw in the order book at Brenspeed where you ordered a set of decals in "silver" on Thursday. Tom is still one up on you in the Brenspeed advertising arena. Maybe he will tell you about it and post a picture of his new mod since I let the cat out of the bag. :-)

Yep! the "Penetrator" shaft has a special ribbed latex coating developed by Trojan....:jester:wtf you going thru breenspeed's orders for? you old snoop!...:poke::jester:

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1110174)
Maybe we can all meet up at the spring dyno day. So far I have been to Brenspeeds 3 times. It has rained the first 2 times and had some snow flurries this time. Does the sun ever shine in northern Indiana?:dunno: I will send a check out right away Darrell along with the estimate for the impending body work I expect from salt damage.

Spring dyno day, I'll be there you can count on me!..:rofl2:

blkstang06 2/17/08 07:49 AM

Here we go again!http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo...R/inmSIRNC.gif

70MACH1OWNER 2/17/08 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1110189)
Hey 3000 posts there Scott...... man Cody was right. :jester:

He is still 92 posts ahead of me. I will just have to keep an eye on him. God forbid I would ever want to pass him up. :rofl2:

Originally Posted by blkstang06 (Post 1110195)
:lol:That would be Propane. Mine where Propain as in The right bank passenger side was a "Pain'' to deal with, my header made it tight removing the motor bracket...:banghead:

Yep! the "Penetrator" shaft has a special ribbed latex coating developed by Trojan....:jester:wtf you going thru breenspeed's orders for? you old snoop!...:poke::jester:

Want to know what else I found out?? :rofl2::jester:

Spring dyno day, I'll be there you can count on me!..:rofl2:

Uh Huh!!:bs::jester: I thought you were going to move to Florida.:dunno:

Eleanor Dreaming 2/17/08 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1110160)
That all makes good sense. Is the throttle reaction time and feel the same as the stock TB?

I didn't really notice any change with response time. But when you mash the gas, the rush of air is unreal.

Eleanor Dreaming 2/17/08 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1110179)
Thanks for the tip. :nice:But I have already told the fellow up north I wanted his Magnaflows. I don't think you know this but I had Brent change the shifting points on 1st, 2nd and 3rd to 3000 rpm. Meaning it won't shift until that rpm is met. While I think I might have him raise it up to 3500 rpm there seems to be a side benefit. It keeps the car out of that 2000-2500 cackle range. It made the GTA's sound better on the way home yesterday. Funny how little changes effect a bunch of things. And the cams also seems to give me a little more volume of sound while cruising at 70 mph. Not drone just a little more sound. Did you notice the same thing about your car Ben?

I don't think I got any more sound at cruising speeds. But, I definatly do have the dreaded d-word at 2,000 RPM now. Not anything that would make me spend more money just to get rid of it. It is not an RPM that I spend alot of time at except for highway miles. It is kinda irriatating. Now that I hear it I can definatly say I didn't have it before this change. Obviously the additonal exhaust flow helped to create it.

blkstang06 2/17/08 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 1110216)
He is still 92 posts ahead of me. I will just have to keep an eye on him. God forbid I would ever want to pass him up. :rofl2:

Uh Huh!!:bs::jester: I thought you were going to move to Florida.:dunno:

I'm still working on it! The wife is down there right now! she's checking out some property I liked last time I was there!...

blkstang06 2/17/08 09:27 AM

Hey! Mr.70MACH1OWNER how much HP gains do you think the long tube headers got you?.....Hey! after reading your post about you running around sticking your magnet on everything at breespeed! you got me paranoid I went out and put a magnet to my new FRPP Stingers there all T304 SS, man I'm going to quit reading your posts your scaring the **** out of me...:poke::jester: Also took the Stang for a spin, the motor mounts resolved my steering shaft rub on the header....:nice: