Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Indiana Meet and Greet, OH. ILL, KY, MI Welcome too

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/07, 05:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
All I can say about being the oldest guy at this reunion is take a hard look when you meet me and invision what your life will be when you are my age. BUTTHEADS!! I could bring pictures of my gymnastic days in my late teens and early twenties...but it would just make you grimance more at what is to come for all of you!!!! Gravity is hell!! And now I have too put up with newbie poop!!! Just teasin Steve!! And yes I'm older... I'm 53.
Scott
Well Scott, I will be 49 in Dec, be proud of your age! many don't make it this far! I've help carry a couple old High School bud's to the grave in the last couple years one from heart attack and one from a boating accident! All I can tell you young guns, life is short. try to live every day like the last one! Money comes and go's and most important be nice to old guys like Scott and myself!.....
Old 9/27/07, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Well Scott, I will be 49 in Dec, be proud of your age! many don't make it this far! I've help carry a couple old High School bud's to the grave in the last couple years one from heart attack and one from a boating accident! All I can tell you young guns, life is short. try to live every day like the last one! Money comes and go's and most important be nice to old guys like Scott and myself!.....

Hell to get old my friend.... Let us STANGERS do it together!!
Old 9/27/07, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well Scott, I will be 49 in Dec.........and most important be nice to old guys like Scott and myself!.....
Hell to get old my friend....

Did I mention that I'll bring the tissues? Just kidding guys....

When I was 12, my father passed of a heart attack at age 42. I remember August 20, 1987 like it was yesterday. Ironically, my daughter (whose middle name is given after both my father's and mother's middle name) started Kindergarten this year on August 20- twenty years to the day later. Life is cyclical I guess..... I don't take much for granted, never have- never intend to.

Now, back to the previously scheduled hilarity!
Old 9/27/07, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So whats the Itinerary! Show up at 11.00 am, drool over Tom and Brents rides, eat, eat some more, drool over Tom and Brents rides, Watch the two Old guys Scott and Scott fall a sleep! Set their nose hair on fire, eat some more, saddle up ride into town and raise some Stang holy hell!.....
Old 9/27/07, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So whats the Itinerary! Show up at 11.00 am, drool over Tom and Brents rides, eat, eat some more, drool over Tom and Brents rides, Watch the two Old guys Scott and Scott fall a sleep! Set their nose hair on fire, eat some more, saddle up ride into town and raise some Stang holy hell!.....

Shoot, ain't nothing that special about my ride.... but I will say that it's been over a year I think since I've seen Ben's car in person and I haven't seen it at all since he's got the new front end- I am looking forward to seeing it in person! And all of Brent's cars are sleepers! Other than looking at the blower, you'd never know that it wasn't stock LOL!

I am looking forward to seeing everybody's cars! Oh, and setting nose hair on fire too!
Old 9/27/07, 07:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Shoot, ain't nothing that special about my ride.... but I will say that it's been over a year I think since I've seen Ben's car in person and I haven't seen it at all since he's got the new front end- I am looking forward to seeing it in person! And all of Brent's cars are sleepers! Other than looking at the blower, you'd never know that it wasn't stock LOL!

I am looking forward to seeing everybody's cars! Oh, and setting nose hair on fire too!
Yes me too! there are many mods I haven't seen in person.........
Old 9/27/07, 07:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Just a thought, but you know it would be a good idea to have some name tags - I went to my 20 year high school reunion a couple years ago and the person that was supposed to make the name tags backed out at the last minute and nobody else remembered to make them.

Soooo... it was awkward not knowing for sure who was who...
Old 9/27/07, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by red454
Just a thought, but you know it would be a good idea to have some name tags - I went to my 20 year high school reunion a couple years ago and the person that was supposed to make the name tags backed out at the last minute and nobody else remembered to make them.

Yes, that's a good idea! Maybe we can each bring a tag that has our actual and usernames?
Old 9/27/07, 07:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by red454

I was just thing of that earlier. Chris if your not a sure thing I will be glade to bring some if people want to wear them.
Old 9/28/07, 12:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife will be there also.
Old 9/28/07, 03:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sjenkins49
I was just thing of that earlier. Chris if your not a sure thing I will be glade to bring some if people want to wear them.

I'll wear one. Just put "old man" on mine and everyone will know who I am. Put "Wacko" on STD's and everyone will know who he is. Might really be a good idea for the wives. Remember they probably are clueless who any of us are. My wife thinks I must be having web sex as much as I am on this site.
Scott
Old 9/28/07, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'll wear one. Just put "old man" on mine and everyone will know who I am. Put "Wacko" on STD's and everyone will know who he is. Might really be a good idea for the wives. Remember they probably are clueless who any of us are. My wife thinks I must be have web sex as much as I am on this site.
Scott
Scott, Some wives might care who we are! but I dought it!! .. My wife hates my Mustang and is disgusted every time she See's me on the TMS........
Old 9/28/07, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll not be wearing a nametag, sorry. I will however wear a T-shirt that has my username on it(kinda-you'll see)
Looks like just Steve & myself have the Torch red ones.
Mine has C-stripes, his has Rally stripes.You'll have to sort us out.
I'll also be another one of the'older' crowd;50 here.
We had the privelige of owning some of the original Muscle cars.

My wife works Saturday evenings/nights, so she'll not be joining me.Was going to bring my youngest,he's 8, but I might have him stay @ one of my daughters instead as a whole day driving & just cars might tax his interest.

See you all soon.
Larry
Old 9/28/07, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Actually I think the crowd is all about the same age, except I'm probably the young dude at 32. So that means I'll be the one talking crap to everyone and wearing the TOOL t-shirt..... no name tag required LOL!
Old 9/29/07, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Actually I think the crowd is all about the same age, except I'm probably the young dude at 32. So that means I'll be the one talking crap to everyone and wearing the TOOL t-shirt..... no name tag required LOL!
So you are saying, your going to conduct yourself at the M&G like you do here on line!......
Old 9/29/07, 12:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So you are saying, your going to conduct yourself at the M&G like you do here on line!......
Hey STD,
Just hope he doesn't wear a ball cap sideways or backwards and his pants around his knees. I'd have to him.
Scott
Old 9/29/07, 02:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey STD,
Just hope he doesn't wear a ball cap sideways or backwards and his pants around his knees. I'd have to him.
Scott

Yo yo yo brotha, what wrong wit dat ??

LOL you know me better than that.
Old 9/29/07, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yo yo yo brotha, what wrong wit dat ??

LOL you know me better than that.

Yeah... your right. You were an upstanding young gentleman in May. But it could have been a trick!! No way a VP of a icecream manufacturer could be anything but a young... upstanding ... young man!! Looking forward to seeing you and the wife in a couple of weeks!! You know I'm only tease'n!!
Scott
Old 9/30/07, 12:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah... your right. You were an upstanding young gentleman in May. But it could have been a trick!! No way a VP of a icecream manufacturer could be anything but a young... upstanding ... young man!! Looking forward to seeing you and the wife in a couple of weeks!! You know I'm only tease'n!!
Scott
That ****s spread so thick, Kinda makes me want to ........
Old 9/30/07, 01:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Its 2:00 am, and blkstang06 has gas!!........O'baby!!.... I hope I got it like this the 20th, I'll really show you guys what I'm made of! I wont need a name tag for everyone to remember my name.....

Quick Reply: Indiana Meet and Greet, OH. ILL, KY, MI Welcome too