West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Socal Stangers, where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/14 | 11:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
I may be down. More importantly who's down for the big boys meet in two weeks?
I'm in
Old 12/14/14 | 12:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I'm in
I haven't seen you in a while Rich!!!
Old 12/15/14 | 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

It appears the Irvine Cars & Coffee at the Mazda/Ford place will be history after the 27th of this month Too much noise and too many juvenile burn-out exhibitionist hav finally caused closure.

If you never went to this early (EARLY!) Saturday-morning gathering, you might want to make it soon. The array of machinery and gathering of important car-folks is unparalleled. Lat month Dan Gurney and Tony Adamowicz (A2Z Racer) were there. Jay Leno was seen from time to time, Steve Saleen, and on and on.

Those serious about parking in the show area are there before six am. The whole thing id likely to be over with by nine or a little after. Plenty of car groups make a visit and then go for a cruise (it's near the west end of Ortega Highway, for one) or a short run to a favorite brunch or lunch spot.
Old 12/15/14 | 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by frank s
It appears the Irvine Cars & Coffee at the Mazda/Ford place will be history after the 27th of this month Too much noise and too many juvenile burn-out exhibitionist hav finally caused closure.

If you never went to this early (EARLY!) Saturday-morning gathering, you might want to make it soon. The array of machinery and gathering of important car-folks is unparalleled. Lat month Dan Gurney and Tony Adamowicz (A2Z Racer) were there. Jay Leno was seen from time to time, Steve Saleen, and on and on.

Those serious about parking in the show area are there before six am. The whole thing id likely to be over with by nine or a little after. Plenty of car groups make a visit and then go for a cruise (it's near the west end of Ortega Highway, for one) or a short run to a favorite brunch or lunch spot.
I have a feeling I'll be making it in a few weeks...
Old 12/16/14 | 11:28 PM
Cobra Member

Who's down for Irvine cars and coffee instead of Bobs?

Last edited by Sky Hye; 12/17/14 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12/16/14 | 11:36 PM
GT Member

Any San Diego Meets?
Old 12/17/14 | 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm planning on going with the Secret Car Club:

"...we will be taking one last run to to see the event this Saturday. We will be meeting at The Carlsbad Outlets (off Palomar Airport Road & Paseo Del Norte) and caravan up, leaving the Outlets at 5:30 AM sharp. Please feel free to join us, we will be staging at the southern end next to Starbucks, just prior to the Carlsbad meetup an hour or two later."

That Carlsbad Cars&Coffee meet is a weekly one, usually plenty of exotics and Mustangs. It's a 7-9am thing on ordinary Saturdays, if you're not interested in the trip to Irvine.

Palomar Road East exit from I-5, first North turn, second right.

Last edited by frank s; 12/17/14 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12/18/14 | 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

I'm planning on going with the Secret Car Club: "...we will be taking one last run to to see the event this Saturday. We will be meeting at The Carlsbad Outlets (off Palomar Airport Road & Paseo Del Norte) and caravan up, leaving the Outlets at 5:30 AM sharp. Please feel free to join us, we will be staging at the southern end next to Starbucks, just prior to the Carlsbad meetup an hour or two later." That Carlsbad Cars&Coffee meet is a weekly one, usually plenty of exotics and Mustangs. It's a 7-9am thing on ordinary Saturdays, if you're not interested in the trip to Irvine. Palomar Road East exit from I-5, first North turn, second right.
Ahh. I meant the Irvine one.
Old 12/18/14 | 10:41 PM
GT Member

I was thinking of hitting up Cars and Coffee this weekend. Just wondering if it's gonna be a circus since it's closing down?????
Old 12/19/14 | 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd expect it to be a circus, based on thinking about its widespread notoriety, if nothing else.
Old 12/19/14 | 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Hello everybody" I just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing.
Well I see CC is the topic.. It will definitely be a zoo with only two day left on it's calendar (20/27) I know a bunch of the Mustang club guys are going so if anyone is going get up early and take pictures .
I thought of going but I'm doing my annual tamale run and then I have to fix my buddies Explorer so my morning is gone plus they don't like Focus ST's at CC anyway
Old 12/20/14 | 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

There were a LOT of people and cars there. The "Exhibition" area was reported to be full at a few minutes to six. To give you an idea, there was a very-custom-paintjob Veyron drawing a crowd in the across-the-street lot.

I took a couple hundred pictures, BUT... the CF card failed. No joy, not even any hope. I'm tempted to try again next Saturday, when it will probably be necessary to get there before FIVE am, if you want to "exhibit".

I've heard this advice before: "Change CF cards frequently to avoid total losses". First card failure after all these years. Might be time to freshen them and follow that advice.
Old 12/20/14 | 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

There were a LOT of people and cars there. The "Exhibition" area was reported to be full at a few minutes to six. To give you an idea, there was a very-custom-paintjob Veyron drawing a crowd in the across-the-street lot. I took a couple hundred pictures, BUT... the CF card failed. No joy, not even any hope. I'm tempted to try again next Saturday, when it will probably be necessary to get there before FIVE am, if you want to "exhibit". I've heard this advice before: "Change CF cards frequently to avoid total losses". First card failure after all these years. Might be time to freshen them and follow that advice.
Good to know. What a brand CF? I was going to exhibit but it may not be worth it for me to leave my house at 4:00... I'm too tired these days lol.

Are you guys still down for a mini meet?
Old 12/21/14 | 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I still cant believe this spot got burnt. :/
Yeah frank that happened to me too. Lost like 200 pics at a autoshow event and couldnt get them back. Word of advice, try and format the card every now and then and also once it fails dont use it again. Just get a new one if possible.

Yeah shant im still down bro
Old 12/21/14 | 11:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JiveFive0
I still cant believe this spot got burnt. :/ Yeah frank that happened to me too. Lost like 200 pics at a autoshow event and couldnt get them back. Word of advice, try and format the card every now and then and also once it fails dont use it again. Just get a new one if possible. Yeah shant im still down bro
Ok. Sat at bobs in Downey. How's 9 sound? Too early?
Old 12/21/14 | 11:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds good to me if you all don't mind a fat old guy in a bright tangerine Focus showing up
Old 12/21/14 | 11:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustangray
Sounds good to me if you all don't mind a fat old guy in a bright tangerine Focus showing up
I love fat old guys in tangerine STs
Old 12/22/14 | 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Sweet ok im there
Old 12/22/14 | 12:07 AM
Cobra R Member

I love fat old guys in tangerine STs
I'll be there. I only like old guys in tangerine sts. I'm not into commitment.
Old 12/22/14 | 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good to know. What a brand CF? I was going to exhibit but it may not be worth it for me to leave my house at 4:00... I'm too tired these days lol.

Are you guys still down for a mini meet?
There's a letter on Facebook that says the overcrowding problems last Saturday caused the organizers to cancel the 27th meet. Guess tha- tha- that's all, folks.

Here are some photos that seem pretty much like the ones I took; You can see my car in three of them: in each of the 2016 views, next to a red MG A, and of course mine is the final FLICK U.

I said elsewhere that I'm tempted to go next Saturday just to see if the cancellation announcement was a diversionary tactic.

Quick Reply: Socal Stangers, where you at?