The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   West Coast (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f641/)
-   -   Socal Stangers, where you at? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f641/socal-stangers-where-you-516318/)

Sky Hye 12/3/12 04:09 PM

Hey fellow gear heads!

Figured there are enough of us SoCal guys here that we should take advantage of that!

We can schedule meets, swap parts, race days, etc.

Ill start off, I'm Shant. Currently in riverside till out house is ready in Cerritos. 2013 GT Track pack.

I will try to make a FB page too once work calms down.

Mr. V 12/3/12 04:34 PM

My name is Rich. I live in Upland. I'm down for whatever kind of meet you are putting together. I'm a gear head, so anytime I can bore people talking about cars, I'm in.

frank s 12/3/12 04:43 PM

Been known to join up with a few SoCal Mustangers from time to time.

Frank S, from San Diego.

stangfoeva 12/3/12 11:48 PM

Jason from the IE, nice to meet you all

mustangray 12/4/12 12:18 AM

I'm in Garden Grove:nice:

CooBra07 12/4/12 03:09 AM

My name is Ed

Currently in Riverside, "IE"

Sky Hye 12/4/12 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by CooBra07
My name is Ed

Currently in Riverside, "IE"

Nice! Where in Riverside? I'm by lake Matthews off la Sierra

Sky Hye 12/5/12 01:11 AM

Just registered for the bcmc show. Who else is going? Ill be cruising over from the IE.

mustangray 12/5/12 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Hye (Post 6504525)
Just registered for the bcmc show. Who else is going? Ill be cruising over from the IE.

I will be there:D

mustangray 12/9/12 10:53 PM

It was good meeting you today Shant and your car looked great

Sky Hye 12/10/12 08:48 AM

Thanks Ray, you too! Congrats on on the award! Maybe after the holidays we can start planning a meet or a run someplace in socal.

mustangray 12/10/12 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sky Hye (Post 6507771)
Thanks Ray, you too! Congrats on on the award! Maybe after the holidays we can start planning a meet or a run someplace in socal.

Thanks Shant, sounds good keep in touch :nice:

edgar-e 12/10/12 07:25 PM

Hi guys,

I'm Edgar from San Diego. I occasionally make trips from to the IE for the weekends.

Sky Hye 12/10/12 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by edgar-e (Post 6508190)
Hi guys,

I'm Edgar from San Diego. I occasionally make trips from to the IE for the weekends.

Good to meet you man! Nice car btw!

edgar-e 12/10/12 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Good to meet you man! Nice car btw!

Thanks, I am still trying to get used to her. This is my first RWD car and so far it's been lots of fun to drive.

lost won 12/11/12 04:21 PM

Hi, everyone!
John from San Diego. Have had a Red 2012 Mustang GT for a little over a year. Been Auto-Xing it since last Jan here at Qualcomm stadium. It's been fun.
Shant, I see from your avatar you ran Auto-X in LA. Maybe I'll see ya around the asphalt some time.
Keep posting, everyone. It would be fun to see everyone at some events.
I made the Mustang Club of San Diego event at the Embarcadero in October.

Sky Hye 12/11/12 04:34 PM

Nice!! How John liking autox with the gt?

Mr. V 12/11/12 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by lost won (Post 6508764)
Hi, everyone!
John from San Diego. Have had a Red 2012 Mustang GT for a little over a year. Been Auto-Xing it since last Jan here at Qualcomm stadium. It's been fun.
Shant, I see from your avatar you ran Auto-X in LA. Maybe I'll see ya around the asphalt some time.
Keep posting, everyone. It would be fun to see everyone at some events.
I made the Mustang Club of San Diego event at the Embarcadero in October.

Which red did you get? I've researched it and race red gives you an extra 35 mental horsepower over any other color.

Sky Hye 12/11/12 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 6508824)
Which red did you get? I've researched it and race red gives you an extra 35 mental horsepower over any other color.

Haha never heard that one!

lost won 12/12/12 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 6508824)

I got Race Red for the extra HP. Needed all the help I could get. Still wasn't enough, though. I finished second in the 2012 San Diego Region SCCA Solo F Stock Championship; to a black GT. Oh, well, I'll try again next year.

For those of you that like that sort of thing, Auto-X is a blast. There are events in the LA area and San Diego almost every month throughout the year. The newer 2011 and up GTs fit the F Stock class well. V-6s do okay, too. More info here: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/. Check "Cal Club" for the LA area website.