West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Socal Stangers, where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/14 | 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Haha you don't have to worry about your DS Jonathan. Maybe once you push about 600 I'd think about a CF DS.
But weren't some peoples DS's exploding on the v6 when they go over ~115 ? That's what made me scared

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Exactly haha. Irwindale is only an 1/8 mile anyways.

People would rather race Go-Karts than their Performance cars? For shame lol. Speed zone could be fun I suppose.
Personally I'd get kinda bored with going in a straight line over and over again. But with Go-karts, you get to turn the steering wheel plus you can bump into people if they're in you're way lol jk

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Sent in my final payment yesterday. The '11 is mine free and clear woot woot!! Also installed some Roush axle backs...wow amazing sounding!
nice, congrats!

I finally gave up on Bama. Idk what their deal is but something is not right over there. Trying a Steeda tune tomorrow

Anybody going the the mustang thing at the Original Farmers Market on Saturday?

Last edited by roadrunner; 6/5/14 at 12:24 PM.
Old 6/5/14 | 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner

But weren't some peoples DS's exploding on the v6 when they go over ~115 ? That's what made me scared

Personally I'd get kinda bored with going in a straight line over and over again. But with Go-karts, you get to turn the steering wheel plus you can bump into people if they're in you're way lol jk

nice, congrats!

I finally gave up on Bama. Idk what their deal is but something is not right over there. Trying a Steeda tune tomorrow

I've hear of the V6 driveshaft failures, but I've read that is something that happens around 130mph. Don't quote me though lol.

Anyways, Irwindale is only an 1/8 mile, so neither your V6 nor my GT will even break 100mph at that track lol. I wouldn't mind hitting the Go-Karts with some of you guys though, lets trade paint! haha
Old 6/5/14 | 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seems to me the Friends of Steve McQueen car show on Saturday would be a decent event with plenty of interesting cars.

I was there for the 2012 (Bullitt theme) version, and it was well worth the time, travel, and the little bit of money.
Old 6/6/14 | 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner

nice, congrats!

Tell me how the Steeda tune feels

And I will be at the show. I am actually working the show as my uncle is the director of the F.M. so he got me in a while ago.

You going John?
Old 6/6/14 | 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

**** I forgot about the Friends of Steve show I wish I could go
Old 6/6/14 | 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've hear of the V6 driveshaft failures, but I've read that is something that happens around 130mph. Don't quote me though lol.

Anyways, Irwindale is only an 1/8 mile, so neither your V6 nor my GT will even break 100mph at that track lol. I wouldn't mind hitting the Go-Karts with some of you guys though, lets trade paint! haha
I just don't trust the thing.. since my car is lowered, the pinion angle is changed too and I don't want to stress the DS. wont be doing any racing until either I get an adjustable UCA and/or one-piece DS. if that ever even happens lol.

meantime gokarting should be plenty o fun

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
And I will be at the show. I am actually working the show as my uncle is the director of the F.M. so he got me in a while ago.

You going John?
I'm still updating the tuner. apparently theres another 109 updates. Will text you after I do testing on the tune

And nice! Yeah probably I'll go. It's so close by I don't see why I wouldn't lol
Old 6/6/14 | 03:51 PM
beb
GT Member

What is Original Farmers Market??
Old 6/6/14 | 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JiveFive0

Hey Joseph,
its running good bro,
gotta say I love the way the Roush exhaust sound on our rides,
the popping gurgley sound is freaking awesome
had a jetta rev on me the other day, so of course i had to respond in kind,
and there was another guy behind the jetta in a c63 who gave me the thumbs up lol

I was hoping to save up for twins or a SC but the way work is looking for me
that may be on hold for a while.

how goes it with ya?
Right on man! The C63 owner knew who had the real power .

Are the Roush axlebacks really that great? I kinda regret not getting them when I bought my GT500 mufflers. I also deleted the resonators, so I doubt the Roush mufflers would worth putting on my car unless I went back to stock pipes. I've heard there's a lot of rasp after the resonators are removed. I might have to experiment lol.

Twins or a SC?! That would be a difficult decision for me. I'm going with a KB blower after I buy my Carillo rods and Manley pistons though.

You going to the Steve McQueen car show? I have friends who live close by, so I'll probably check it out.
Old 6/6/14 | 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb
What is Original Farmers Market??
its actually called: "Mustangs at the Market - 50 Bucking Years"

http://www.farmersmarketla.com/event...e-Auto-Show/34

I don't know much else about it, never been to one of their shows before. I do know the area though, there's a big park nearby and the Grove
Old 6/7/14 | 08:31 AM
beb
GT Member

Ah icic pretty cool!
Old 6/7/14 | 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm here if anyone is coming to the show
Old 6/7/14 | 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by beb
Ah icic pretty cool!
Oooh, the rare and mysterious Beb makes an appearance! How are you?
Old 6/7/14 | 06:45 PM
beb
GT Member

Oooh, the rare and mysterious Beb makes an appearance! How are you?
I'm good

I'm always here, just usually lurking. I don't have anything of substance to post. Lol
Old 6/8/14 | 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by beb
I'm good I'm always here, just usually lurking. I don't have anything of substance to post. Lol
Hehe. I feel ya. How's the Prius working out?
Old 6/8/14 | 06:06 PM
beb
GT Member

Hehe. I feel ya. How's the Prius working out?
I love it! It's my mustangs carbon offset! Hehe

How is yours doing?

When's the next time we get together for burgers or wings or breakfast?
Old 6/8/14 | 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by beb
I love it! It's my mustangs carbon offset! Hehe How is yours doing? When's the next time we get together for burgers or wings or breakfast?
Pearla is doing well. Every time I begin to hate her i look down at the 90mpg and it kinda makes it better. I'll be free after next weekend.
Old 6/9/14 | 02:50 PM
beb
GT Member

Sounds good mang!
Old 6/10/14 | 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is anyone doing the Brea show this Sunday
Old 6/11/14 | 03:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Right on man! The C63 owner knew who had the real power .

Are the Roush axlebacks really that great? I kinda regret not getting them when I bought my GT500 mufflers. I also deleted the resonators, so I doubt the Roush mufflers would worth putting on my car unless I went back to stock pipes. I've heard there's a lot of rasp after the resonators are removed. I might have to experiment lol.

Twins or a SC?! That would be a difficult decision for me. I'm going with a KB blower after I buy my Carillo rods and Manley pistons though.

You going to the Steve McQueen car show? I have friends who live close by, so I'll probably check it out.
LOL yeah I heard them before i bought my mine on another stang and loved the sound. so when i got mine it was nothing but heaven. Honestly due to my neighbors being sound ***** i didnt want to get something too crazy since i do leave my house early for shows. they are perfect just as a axle back. i bet it would be alot louder with the res off but with them on, they are perfect when cruising and hella loud when you punch it, the snap crackle pop is a bonus.

yeah i really wanted to go twins but alot of people are doing it now, so far people who have had it done say it has better street manners than a sc but i would need to sit in and find out for myself. your smart man, i should do the same, beef up the internals and then you have less worry about stuff blowing up

Cant make it to the SMQ show, my Godson's 1st bday is that day so my cousin would kill me if i wasnt there lol
but if you do go take pics if you can

Originally Posted by mustangray
Is anyone doing the Brea show this Sunday
what show is that ray?
Old 6/11/14 | 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JiveFive0
i didnt want to get something too crazy
Haha roushs are pretty crazy!

Quick Reply: Socal Stangers, where you at?