Search this Thread

Old 12/3/06, 01:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C ya manana....
Old 12/4/06, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey Jake and Jose...it was nice meeting you guys...we should hang out again soon...

So you guys gonna do the dyno day?
Old 12/4/06, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

It was very cool to hang out with you 3 guys!

I might do the dyno day but I promised to help a friend who's assembling a Shelby Cobra kit car. This saturday he wants to do the flywheel, pp, clutch and put the engine/tranny together and drop it in the car.

I think i'll wait on the dyno day until i get the 100-125shot of the funny stuff installed, then do a before/after runs.

I'm up for a drive sunday if you guys are interested... but alas all i really know is the crest and mullholland. If you guys have a nice easy going curvy road in mind...

oh i do know of one other one and thats the palomar mountains headed toward san diego.

but yes.. very cool meeting you guys!!!

My girlfriend would have driven up the canyon but she thought people would make fun of me letting her drive on the way up.. hahahah and she was a little shy to admit she drives a 350z.

Now i'm off to call the shop and see if they have a price for me on the nitrous kit.
Old 12/4/06, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got done ordering the nitrous express kit...

she said it should probably be here this week.
Old 12/7/06, 07:47 AM

I missed this run. How did it go?
Old 12/7/06, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5spd
I missed this run. How did it go?

+1 - how'd it go guys have a good time, see interesting sights? Were there lots of CHP's / bikers in the area?
Old 12/7/06, 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

Such short notice guys! I'm up for it, I'm at USC.
Old 12/7/06, 11:11 AM
Cobra R Member

It was cool, guys. Not many of us, but we still had a good time. Yah, there were lots of bikers up there, and it was FRICKIN COLD! We took it easy on the way up, but on the way back I opened it up and had some fun!

Hopefully we can get a bigger turn-out next time.
Old 12/7/06, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

It took all my energy to keep her from flying down that canyon. I was able to hold her back from catching and passing you. My gf loves to drive fast and if I wouldnt have held her back she would have gone around Rob and lost both of you guys.

I got the two fronts on this morning so all the rims/tires match and I feel more comfortable letting her or myself nail it in the canyons.

There was a few cops up toward the end where some hikers were lost and a few along the way but I guess thats always like that. You just have to know where they like to sit.

This sunday....

I was going to suggest meeting at the same place then heading down to Mullholland, across Latigo Canyon, up PCH to ventura somewhere with a short stop off at Neptunes or keep going toward Santa Barbara.. for lunch maybe?

I promised my gf I'd find some place different this time. Some place we can both get in a little more agressive driving. (safely of coarse)

I have a route that has some really nice and tight small narrow roads if anyone is interested. I think it's the old Mullholland road.

Lemme know and we can work something up for sunday?
Old 12/7/06, 12:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
It took all my energy to keep her from flying down that canyon. I was able to hold her back from catching and passing you. My gf loves to drive fast and if I wouldnt have held her back she would have gone around Rob and lost both of you guys.

I got the two fronts on this morning so all the rims/tires match and I feel more comfortable letting her or myself nail it in the canyons.

There was a few cops up toward the end where some hikers were lost and a few along the way but I guess thats always like that. You just have to know where they like to sit.

This sunday....

I was going to suggest meeting at the same place then heading down to Mullholland, across Latigo Canyon, up PCH to ventura somewhere with a short stop off at Neptunes or keep going toward Santa Barbara.. for lunch maybe?

I promised my gf I'd find some place different this time. Some place we can both get in a little more agressive driving. (safely of coarse)

I have a route that has some really nice and tight small narrow roads if anyone is interested. I think it's the old Mullholland road.

Yah, well, I got stuck behind some byciclists and slowpokes, so that put a damper on my fun somewhat. I had to wait til it opened up before I could gun it again. .

As for Sunday, I'll have to get back to you, but that sounds cool.
Old 12/7/06, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE

This sunday....

Keep me posted on the plans as I might be able to make it this weekend.
Neptunes net or something in Santa Barbara sounds good for lunch.
Old 12/7/06, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would love a run to Santa Barbara.. thats where i wanted to take my gf.

I created a new thread for sunday.

jake
Old 12/7/06, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=57361
Old 12/8/06, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:::::::::BUMP::::::::::Just keeping the thread open