Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area
View Poll Results: Choose the Best Times for You to Leave Vulcan to Caravan to the Show:
9:00 AM Central
66.67%
11:00 AM Central
25.00%
1:00 PM Central
16.67%
3:00 PM Central
8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

TheMustangSource.com National Meet - Here's the Plan

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/06, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'll be there in a blue mach1 with BAMA MAFIA decals on the 1/4 windows(i still miss the good old days).i know most of the alabama people,so i'll see you guys there.hope to meet some of you out of towners.
Old 8/21/06, 07:57 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doug904
Hey,

I'll be there as well, I'll be in the White and red 05' Roush with the tag "BMACHPS".

I've registered in the Roush Corral, I thought you had to be in the gate by a certain time? I'd love to cruise in with you guys..

As for the 05 and newer, you can only be in the display only classes because MCA does concours judging and only allow cars 3 years old and older to be judged. Dont get me started on this point.

See ya there!

Doug.

Sweet - I'll be on the lookout for ya Doug!
(and the sweet red and white ride....)
Old 8/21/06, 08:24 PM
GT Member

here is a picture of my car. Has an Auburn University tag on it that says FST 05
Attached Thumbnails TheMustangSource.com National Meet - Here's the Plan-p6290401.jpg   TheMustangSource.com National Meet - Here's the Plan-p6290408.jpg   TheMustangSource.com National Meet - Here's the Plan-p6290414.jpg   TheMustangSource.com National Meet - Here's the Plan-p6290410.jpg  
Old 8/22/06, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Hey,

I'll be there as well, I'll be in the White and red 05' Roush with the tag "BMACHPS".

I've registered in the Roush Corral, I thought you had to be in the gate by a certain time? I'd love to cruise in with you guys.

As for the 05 and newer, you can only be in the display only classes because MCA does concours judging and only allow cars 3 years old and older to be judged. Dont get me started on this point.

See ya there!

Doug.
Sorry to refute the above info, but the '05 and '06 have their own classes as indicated on the link below. Additionally, I originally was bringing all 3 of my Mustangs - my 2 1978 Mustang II Ghia's and my 2005 Mustang GT - and they all were registered in Judges Choice including the '05. So I can assure everyone that if you have a 2005 or a 2006, there are seperate classes for you as well.

http://www.mustang.org/specialevents/MCA.cfm?Judging

The '05 has Open and Closed Judges Choice classes not Display Only classes. The '06 has the same. There is even a class for the '07 Shelby GT 500. Your vehicle can't be newer than a 1996 to be in Concourse Judging. All other years are Judges Choice classes. I obtained the info straight from the MCA 30th Anniversary Judging Classifications page.

For National MCA Shows, the normal classification for 2006 indicates that the 2005 - 2006 are in Division XII Current Years and are judged based on popular vote.

So you see, MCA welcomes you with open arms no matter what model or year you have. There are opportunities for all years for judging.

Hope this clarifies things.

Elizabeth
Mtang78
Old 8/22/06, 09:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey,

I've registered in the Roush Corral, I thought you had to be in the gate by a certain time? I'd love to cruise in with you guys..

See ya there!

Doug.
Yeah I did Display Only and received my confirmation in the mail the other day. Not sure about the MCA in general or in other parts of the country, but from what I've seen/heard locally they couldn't care less about any Mustang built after 1978.
Old 8/22/06, 09:28 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Here is my plan:
Thursday Both mustangs will be at the cruise. Boys are taking Ralph, Girls are taking Eleanor. Tungsten no spoiler, barb wire pinstripes. You all know what my car looks like.
Friday MY car will be the only one going in the caravan(phoneguy has to work so far, kids have school)
Saturday we will all 4 be there to spectate and drool over the goods.
Sunday is tentative.
Old 8/22/06, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MTAS
Yeah I did Display Only and received my confirmation in the mail the other day. Not sure about the MCA in general or in other parts of the country, but from what I've seen/heard locally they couldn't care less about any Mustang built after 1978.
MCA has been "accepting" all Mustangs for a while now. They knew they'd have to so the club wouldn't die off.
It's funny you said '78, since it wasn't that long ago, all the Mustangs clubs had their cut-off at '73. It took the popularity of the 87-93 Fox bodies to bring the '74-'78 Mustang II's into the picture.
Old 8/22/06, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MTAS
When did you register? Registration ended August 11. I believe that registrations after that are for Display Only. Up until August 11, when you completed the registration form, you were given the choice of Judges Choice (for all model years), Concourse (only for 1996 and older), or Display Only. There was a link to click on that showed all of the classes so you entered the correct class.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that the local MCA is not interested in any Mustang built after 1978. I of course don't live in Florida, but I know that is not the opinion of MCA. Membership is open to all Mustang enthusiasts - they don't even have to own a Mustang, and they welcome and embrace all model years and makes. It is the goal of MCA to continue the interest, enjoyment and development of the Mustang hobby. Your $30 Annual Membership fee gives you discounts on hotels, rental cars, etc., discounts at all of their National and Grand National Shows, a monthly subscription to Mustang Times and if you enjoy driving events, they have opportunties for those as well.

I personally enjoy Mustang Times. They have good articles that range from information on the featured Members' rides of the month - including newer Mustangs, to technical articles regarding restoration or modifying your Mustang - no matter what model or year you own. The magazine also has a good forum for answers to your questions, and, if you want a part or need to sell part, advertising for Members for a non-business ad is free! A lot of businesses advertise as well. With Mustang Times you have a great information source.

The only thought I can offer, is that if you don't feel that MCA is supportive, then join and change it! MCA is one of the largest and longest running organizations for a specific vehicle, the Mustang, and believe me when I say that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". Business listens to the collective, organized majority before they listen to a individuals. Just look at what is going on in Washington with Political Action Committees (PAC's - Lobbyists). Look at the AARP or the NRA and what they as a group can accomplish! That if nothing else, should be reason enough to belong to MCA - to have a voice! MCA is a member-owned organization and members have a voice and a say in anything and everything that they do. So if you would like to see change, then join MCA and let your voice be heard. Stop by MCA's tent and talk to other MCA members, Board Members, Staff Members - and if you have a concern, problem, question or a suggestion, let them know. Don't be shy. They'll be glad to hear from you. They want the club membership to continue to grow because that will help to ensure that the Mustang legend continues to live on.

Many of our fellow TMSers who live in California are fighting with government over attempts to regulate car hobbies making it virtually impossible to own, maintain or restore vintage cars. Now, you might say, "but I have a new Mustang so that does not apply to me." Awe, but you are so very wrong. If changes are made against restoration of vintage automobiles, what do you think is going to happen to modifications??? See what I mean?

In recent days, Ford has had to announce sad news, cut backs in production, plant closings, dealership closings, etc. I recently read a list of production model cut backs and from I saw, the Mustang was not on it. Yet in reality, Mustang is not their big money maker - per vehicle. Mustang is their "get them in the door vehicle to look at the rest of the Ford line-up". By being a part of a large voice that Ford doest listen to, you will help keep the Mustang going. Just think, if Camaro had a large club like MCA, maybe they would be around still for us to kick their hiney!

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. I hope that my long rant at least helped entice some of the TMSers to join MCA and be part of the large voice that helps the legend live on. I look forward to getting together with all of you at the 30th!

Mtang78
Old 8/23/06, 05:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Whats a backup plan in case TS Debby comes to visit next week?
Old 8/23/06, 07:06 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
WTH are you talking about?
Old 8/23/06, 07:19 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Whats a backup plan in case TS Debby comes to v
visit next week?
Yes April, WTH are you talking about?

TDS
Old 8/23/06, 08:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Hello? McFly? Tropical Storm Debbie? IE: RAIN!http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209899,00.html

Men
Old 8/23/06, 08:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ino
Hello? McFly? Tropical Storm Debbie? IE: RAIN!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209899,00.html
Lots of Zaino and an umbrella
Old 8/23/06, 08:13 AM

I will meet you guys at Vulcan at 9am on Friday. I'm driving over Thursday night from Atlanta. I'm registered for open track on Friday but I haven't been given a time slot yet. Hopefully it will be in the afternoon so I can hang with TMS in the morning. Looking forward to it!
Old 8/23/06, 08:26 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Ah.... I dont watch the news.. Heck I was watching Rescue Me last night when TDS called. Its a rain or shine event.
Old 8/23/06, 08:29 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Hello? McFly? Tropical Storm Debbie? IE: RAIN!http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209899,00.html

Men
I guess we will get wet, whether we are men or women.

TDS
Old 8/23/06, 10:42 AM
V6 Member

Look on the bright side...if it shows up and rains at least it will not be hot.

Also would make the track days interesting!!
Old 8/23/06, 11:31 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by dbleagl21
Look on the bright side...if it shows up and rains at least it will not be hot.

Also would make the track days interesting!!
HUUUUUUUMID.........Like it is out there now.

Yea, the track would be interesting. If it rained and I was going on track(expressly forbidden by my hubby) I would be all over the place.
Old 8/24/06, 08:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Mtang78
Sorry to refute the above info, but the '05 and '06 have their own classes as indicated on the link below. Additionally, I originally was bringing all 3 of my Mustangs - my 2 1978 Mustang II Ghia's and my 2005 Mustang GT - and they all were registered in Judges Choice including the '05. So I can assure everyone that if you have a 2005 or a 2006, there are seperate classes for you as well.

http://www.mustang.org/specialevents/MCA.cfm?Judging

The '05 has Open and Closed Judges Choice classes not Display Only classes. The '06 has the same. There is even a class for the '07 Shelby GT 500. Your vehicle can't be newer than a 1996 to be in Concourse Judging. All other years are Judges Choice classes. I obtained the info straight from the MCA 30th Anniversary Judging Classifications page.

For National MCA Shows, the normal classification for 2006 indicates that the 2005 - 2006 are in Division XII Current Years and are judged based on popular vote.

So you see, MCA welcomes you with open arms no matter what model or year you have. There are opportunities for all years for judging.

Hope this clarifies things.

Elizabeth
Mtang78
Well, when I called and spoke with Steve in Atlanta he told me that I couldn't be judged because my car was less then 3 years old. he went into how I couldn't be judged because if a car bought new off the showroom floor was parked beside me it would win. You need to clarify this with one of the MCA directors so he'll stop telling people this. I'll be calling him today to let him know the rules.

Is it possible to swap over to a judged class from a display class? I guess that's my next question.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 8/24/06, 11:43 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
This past spring at the MCA show in Pensacola, a friend of mine won first place in his '04 Cobra so somebody judged him.

Quick Reply: TheMustangSource.com National Meet - Here's the Plan