Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Orlando Dealer Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/06, 02:21 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando Dealer Warning

I dislike doing this, but I want to warn Orlando area mustang owners about Mullinax Ford in Apopka, FL. On November 27 my 2005 Mustang GT was serviced by Mullinax under warranty for DTC P2004, P2005, the charge motion plate problem that has a TSB. I picked up my car on a rainy late afternoon and didn't dirve it for 10 days after. I recently discovered someone at Mullinax damaged the lower front left bumper to the tune of $500.00. Someone at Mullinax hit a lift or conrete object and gouged the bumper in over 7 places on the front lower edge. When I took it back to them I asked for the service manager. No service mgr, but a man that I was lead to believe was the service mgr came out. He denied they did the damaged. I caught them in their lie when they told me only the tech had driven the car and the tech said the damage was there when he worked on the intake manifold/charge motion plates. Mr. Gallman admitted at least two other people may have driven the car after I told him the tech was not the kid that drove the car out to me when I picked the car up Nov 28th. Mr. Jerry Gallman walked away when I asked him for the other people's names that drove the car. When I telephoned after leaving, the receptionist refused to let me talk to G.M. because, "The admin assistant takes all his calls and screens them and she isn't in now." How conveniently protective of them.I was told the real Service Mgr, Joe Kidd would call. No return call 4 hrs. later.
Ford customer Service can't do anything other than take the complaint about Mullinax for their files. According to Ford, it's a workmanship problem. Mullinax even entered the warranty repairs on "My Ford" service page as an exhuast problem, then when they did the work, they entered it was an electrical problem. They also told me they needed the car for two days, for what I later found out was a 1.7 hr. warranty repair job. I guess they ripped off Ford Warranty for work they did not perform too.
Does anybody know who the owner of Mullinax Ford is and how to contact him, or her? Mullinax won't tell me and Ford does not have the info at customer service level, or so thay say.
Old 12/18/06, 06:51 PM

I dont have any information about that, but i will be sure to inform anyone who wants to buy a ford not to go there. Hopefully you cant contact the owner and get this mess taken care of
Old 1/7/07, 10:39 PM

Man, I nearly bought my stang from Mullinax during the big 0% APR sale a few months back. I ended up going with Sun State Ford and am very pleased!

I will be sure to spread the Mullinax knowledge.
Old 1/8/07, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

I have always used Greenway and not had a problem. Not trying to be rude, but playing devils advocate. Did you not notice it until you left? Unfortunately, the dealer will look at it as the damage had to occur after you left because it was not mentioned on delivery. Too many people defraud dealers and that is part of the problem. I am not a dealer or work for one. I can tell you when my 01 gt got hit with a trailor in the front bumper. Greenway was very good about getting it repaired, (Lazer red is the second most expensive stock paint job) and taking care of me with rental and painting a few aftermarket pieces for me. Mullinax's behavior is not indicitave of all the dealerships, but you have to protect yourself. These guys working in the back are not covered by dealer insurance and is probably why they are not fessing up. There is no way you should be being treated the way you are. The real Service Manager should just be upfront with you.

Roger
Old 1/8/07, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
SOB's
Old 1/9/07, 10:18 PM
Cobra Member

Just to clear the air. I reiterate I was not saying Bill was trying to pull a fast one. I know Bill very well and he would never do anything of the sort. (I didn't realize this was my friend Bill )
Old 1/16/07, 01:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am looking at Either Greenway or Tropical to service our cars when we get down there- anyone have anything good or bad to say about either?
Old 1/18/07, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Greenway sponsors our club and is an svt dealer. I have been going there for 5 years and haven't had a problem. They are mod friendly. Let me know if you want a good service advisor and I will hook you up.
Old 1/18/07, 02:47 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by mach1fever
Greenway sponsors our club and is an svt dealer. I have been going there for 5 years and haven't had a problem. They are mod friendly. Let me know if you want a good service advisor and I will hook you up.
Indeed I do, I love my current dealer, but driving 9 hours everytime I need service is prohibitive now.

I know where tropical is- where is greenway?
Old 1/18/07, 03:40 PM
Cobra Member

Its right off of 417 on colonia drive in between goldenrod and echonalatchee. (spelled wrong)

Roger
Old 1/18/07, 08:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its right off of 417 on colonia drive in between goldenrod and echonalatchee. (spelled wrong)

Roger
Ok I don't know where that is.
Colonial(SR 50) and Goldenrod?
Colonial would be where I spent 2 hours lost last Thursday stranded with no way onto the Turnpike cause I had no cash on me. BUT I never saw a Ford Dealer.

Any Ford Dealers on Kirkman AWAY from I Drive?
Old 1/19/07, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

None that I know of. I know there is one on west colonial near crime hills.
Old 1/21/07, 09:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

None that I know of. I know there is one on west colonial near crime hills.
Where is crime hills so I know to avoid it?

Going with Tropical, closest to my new house. PLUS its nice and shiny and freakin huge.
Old 1/21/07, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

I bought my 2001 gt there. If you think thats huge check out greenways site www.greenwayford.com The dealership is huge. Crime hills is on west 50 and pine hills road
Old 2/6/07, 10:04 AM

Imust respond. Since Redfire 05gt, Mr Manther, mentioned me by name I would like to reply to the statements given. 1. I gave him my business card as the CRM for the dealership as the svc mgr was out. 2. I only denied assisting with the damage, after I brought the tech out who worked on the vehicle to look at the damage. Our 10 yr tech stated he did recognize the damage as being there when he lifted the car up. 3. For a car that was supposedly parked for 10 days, how did it have 100 more miles on it than when it was last here. He lives 1.45 miles from us, so ok 97 more miles. 4. Our porters name who brought the car up that day was irrelevant as the repairing tech stated he saw the damage that am and the car was in the same spot it was parked in. 5 How his repair was listed under MY FORD, has nothing to do with us. Under a TSB we submit the factory labor ops for that repair. The ones they set up and designate for that repair. Our claim paid. 6. 2 days to diag, gets parts and fix it. Could happen. Does everyday. I wish we had all the parts and all the man hours to fix everyones car in one day. 7. If the facts show we scratched a car, our policy is to fix it. It happens, we pay. This time the facts were not as such. We wish Mr Manther well.