Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/06, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trust me I know I have lived in Florida all my life. Another reason I hate this part of the year. Its always like dodging a bullitt.
As for the steak n shake part they are open 24 hours so no problem there.
I hope to be talking with Dave here soon so we can get more plans together.
Old 8/27/06, 07:06 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by runfox
Dont worry about Ernesto, we made the plans, rain or shine the Mustangs are coming.. Ill be there, and no rain or bad weather is going to ruin it for me.Most likley Ernesto wil turn north east , cut through central Fla , weaken as it goes, been there , done that a bunch of times before Perry. Well make it ok.

Dave(Burke0011) I see your post there 0315 am. When we meet at that Steak and Shake in Ocala 0500 am will it be open? Are we planning on breakfast there or not? I dont think they will be open that early.

Yipes thats early, might as well make it 0300 sharp. circle K Howland and Catalina.
This Wedsnight 0700 pm same place. I have your cell phone number, we meet and talk right?

One question , whats this pony cruise we are getting up so early for? When and where? Some details OK?

Tim - here's info on the Cruise.....
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=52414

We would have enough time to check in, wash the cars and then head over to the meet. Everything else in your schedule is right on (although leave it at 3:15.... extra sleep is precious to me....)

As for Ernesto.... this is quickly becoming an issue for me - I'm playing it be ear for the next two days to see what happens and will make my call around Wednesday.....

MAN I hate Florida this time of year..........
Old 8/28/06, 09:02 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, it's gone from targeting Birmingham to now we need to leave even earlier to avoid getting stuck in the weather! What's up with that? Not that it is going to be much, but the news outlets are having a field day with it...

"This just in, the sky IS FALLING, more information as it develops."

"I'm reporting to you live from Key West, and you can see nobody here gives a ****.... the waves are breaking now at an incredibly large 2-3 feet, with a chop! ARRGGHHHH The horror!!!"
Old 8/28/06, 09:06 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Then you will love it here. Our weathermen are ALREADY salivating- and the thing isn't even coming here. They will be down on the gulf having swordfights before you know it.
Old 8/28/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

This just in............THe 30thMCA/TMS caravan from florida escapes the bullitt!!!! Ernesto's latest projected path has him doing a cha cha along the Florida Easten coast, NOT ANYWHERE NEAR THE GULF COAST!!! And as hurricane related weather goes , he should suck up all the moisture with it leaving us SUNNY SKIES for a stang weekend.. Not to shabby, so cheer up everyone, apply the Zaino, ( I did, and it's a loooooottt of work!!!), get those maps ready, cause Bama here we come !!!

I got all my maps ready, just came back from AAA, Cherry is looking good with her fresh coatsssss of Zaino. and I ready to Roll!!!!
A pic of Ernestos path, my beautiful wife and me, andCherry .
Attached Thumbnails Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!-timdee.jpg   Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!-cherry-front-house.jpg   Florida Caravan to TMS/MCA Meet in Birmingham!-cherry-parked.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 8/28/06, 03:15 PM
Legacy Tms Member

That's alright - they have officially came to our town and called it "ground zero" for Ernesto...

Idiots...

They have my MIL so upset she doesn't want to watch the kids, so now it looks like they might be coming with us... all for nothing more than a long thunderstorm, minus the thunder of course.
Old 8/29/06, 07:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

Well I have adjusted my plans as follows - headed home this afternoon to button up my crib..... NOT heading north to Deltona//Orlando tonight. Going to ride things out here tonight into tomorrow.

If by tomorrow late afternoon the roads seem good enough to drive, I am going to head north - PROBABLY to Plant City now, out West, to MTA's place - I am not sure, but since it is away from the storm as I 'chase' it northwards, it might be my best bet... RUNFOX, I will let you know either way. If this happens, stick to our established schedule and meet at the Steak and Shake at quarter to 5 am.

Otherwise, if I do go to Deltona, I'll meet you at the Circle K.

That's where my plans stand.... geez this storm's timing sucks....
Old 8/29/06, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have our routes printed up, but really it's a no brainer. As long as the lead car has a decent atlas we'll be fine. And Stangnut if you're reading this - are you still wanting to meet up with us as we pass through Dothan? We should pass through there at roughly 10am local time. I'll drop you a PM.
Old 8/29/06, 09:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

OK all the car wash stuff on the previous pages has me turned around backwards. Can one of you local Birmingham folks point us to the car wash that is coin operated and closest to the Marriott?
Old 8/29/06, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MTAS
I have our routes printed up, but really it's a no brainer. As long as the lead car has a decent atlas we'll be fine. And Stangnut if you're reading this - are you still wanting to meet up with us as we pass through Dothan? We should pass through there at roughly 10am local time. I'll drop you a PM.
Not sure if I'll be able to go with you guys unfortunately. I'll probably be leaving later than when you guys go through Dothan. I won't know until the last minute. Just plan on going w/o me for now. If things change, I'll call you.
Old 8/29/06, 10:16 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by MTAS
OK all the car wash stuff on the previous pages has me turned around backwards. Can one of you local Birmingham folks point us to the car wash that is coin operated and closest to the Marriott?
Has to be PRESSURE WASH.......
Old 8/29/06, 10:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Has to be PRESSURE WASH.......
Actually I won't be using anything but the rinse water. I'll have my own bucket and mitt to wash it with
Old 8/29/06, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok Dave(Burke0011) you do what you have to do. I can make it to the Steak in shake in Ocala with some directions please. Addess of the steak and shake so I can mapblast or some directions to it. I'm sure there are more than one steak and shake in Ocala. I 'll head through ocala forest to I-75 north then I need directions.

Word I got today at work was winds will be less than 35 in Orlando area where I work by 0200 am thurs morning. So myself , I dont see any problem, with original plan of leaving Deltona 0315 am, but that's up to you Dave.
Old 8/29/06, 10:26 PM

0200? And I thought I was the stang-nut.
Old 8/30/06, 06:48 PM

Got off work late. Just got through washing my car... in the dark... in the rain! Still have to do the interior and wax the front bumper so it looks like I won't be able to make 10AM. Sorry guys. I would've loved to drive up there with other Mustangs.
What hotel are you guys staying at?
Old 8/30/06, 07:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangNut
Got off work late. Just got through washing my car... in the dark... in the rain! Still have to do the interior and wax the front bumper so it looks like I won't be able to make 10AM. Sorry guys. I would've loved to drive up there with other Mustangs.
What hotel are you guys staying at?
We're staying at the host Marriott
Old 9/2/06, 04:54 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Hey guys,

I just wanted to take a minute and let everyone know I'm sorry I was away yesterday when you came by our tent, and instead got to meet my little bundle of joy our screaming daugter!

I know I was just coming back in when you guys were getting out of there, and I wanted to get with everyone, but it's all been a blur. If anyone gets to read this tonight, we are leaving here tomorrow probably right at 4:00 (or as soon as we can hitch the rig and move it in the vendor area there) in case we can join the caravan back. Where is everyone at - Dave I have seen your car every day, but caught all of two seconds of you at the show so far - it's unreal!

On the plus side, I at least wasn't trying to run the car every day, and only played on Thursday on track - and only had 3 sessions at that... (kids and setup, and all the fun of "working" the show)