Transformers Alternators 2005 Mustang?!

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/04, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@July 23, 2004, 10:55 PM
was this the tape player you were talking about? lol

Blaster! lol
No that wasn't him. I can tell by the symbol that that one is an autobot (good guy). The one I am thinking of is a bad guy. Now that I seen the name I think it was called omega supreme. Not sure though.. He was a blue boombox. anybody remember? He had a cool voice on the cartoon and had a panther and a bird cassette that poped out of his chest. I think he was the number 2 guy under megatron the leader that was a gun.

I am 27 and remember the originals well. and yeah I think I remember the dino transformers coming out a couple years later.

Geez this brings back memories. lol
Old 7/24/04, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Soundwave was the Decepticon boom box with the cool voice. I think there were originally 5 cassettes: Ravage was the panther, Buzzsaw and Laserbeak were birds, Rumble and Frenzy were humanoid-shaped.

The Jetfire toy was based on the Veritech Fighter from Robotech, which was based on a Japanese anime.
Old 7/24/04, 01:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

i'll be picking that up.

B)

nice find.
Old 7/24/04, 01:27 PM
V6 Member

^^ Macross.
Old 7/24/04, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All this talk of the Cassette player bot keeps reminding me to show you guys this: http://www.wilenkin.com/transformers/Video...06_content.html

If you've seen it already, watch it again. It's that entrancing.
Old 7/24/04, 02:51 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Decipher@July 24, 2004, 1:20 PM
All this talk of the Cassette player bot keeps reminding me to show you guys this: http://www.wilenkin.com/transformers/Video...06_content.html

If you've seen it already, watch it again. It's that entrancing.

roflmao!
now ive seen it all
Old 7/24/04, 02:54 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome! I'll have to pick it up. I sold all my transformers a year ago for a grand.
Old 7/24/04, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

As a Mustang fan and Transformer fan... I just don't see Grimlock as a Mustang... I mean, come on -the Dino-Bots were not exactly bright :scratch:
Old 7/24/04, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Axelay@July 24, 2004, 1:30 PM
^^ Macross.
Macross!!! Honestly, Macross/Robotech in the U.S.A. is the best cartoon series to ever air. Robotech, Gi Joe, and Transformers were all thought up to sell toys to children. I feel sorry for children today because the shows are crap in comparison though.

As for the Dinobots, they had two starring episodes in the first Season of Transformers. "SOS Dinobots" and "War of the Dinobots". I bought a reissue Grimlock in the 90s!

There were many Transformers that took the shape of cassettes but many were never seen until the Movie and I think some toy cassettes were made that were never shown before. Here are some of them.

Old 7/24/04, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jetfire was the first name for the toy. The character was named Skyfire for the cartoon. The toy came from the same exact mold as the jets in the Robotech line. Legal reasons regarding this are the reason for the name change and different appearance of the character on the show. Eventually the toy was put out of print for legal reasons resulting in the characters "death" on the show. It is one of the most valuable Transformers ever made. I had one but someone stole it when I was a kid.

The coolest "car" Transformers at that time were SideSwipe(Ferrari) and SunStreaker(Lambo).

Anyway back to topic! I'm going to pick up the yellow Corvette and red Mustang transformer.
Old 7/24/04, 04:55 PM
V6 Member

(Sorry if this is off topic.)

^ Hmmm, pretty accurate. The mold of the toy was an exact copy of Bandai's VF-1S Valkyrie fighter from Macross, right down to the FAST Packs and gunpod. How and why Takara managed to do this without Bandai's permission is a mystery - hence "Skyfire" in the cartoon had no resemblance to the Jetfire toy. Jetfire by itself is not all that terribly valuable... UNLESS you can find one of the extremely rare ones which still has the UNSF logo from Macross painted on the wing. Those are worth a bloody fortune.

But anyway, the choice of Grimlock for the Mustang is, on my opinion, a terrible choice. Sure, he was certainly one of the most popular Transformers ever, but I absolutely cannot see him as a Mustang. I'm gonna hold out hope that maybe this will change with time.
Old 7/24/04, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Axelay@July 24, 2004, 4:58 PM
(Sorry if this is off topic.)

^ Hmmm, pretty accurate. The mold of the toy was an exact copy of Bandai's VF-1S Valkyrie fighter from Macross, right down to the FAST Packs and gunpod. How and why Takara managed to do this without Bandai's permission is a mystery - hence "Skyfire" in the cartoon had no resemblance to the Jetfire toy. Jetfire by itself is not all that terribly valuable... UNLESS you can find one of the extremely rare ones which still has the UNSF logo from Macross painted on the wing. Those are worth a bloody fortune.

But anyway, the choice of Grimlock for the Mustang is, on my opinion, a terrible choice. Sure, he was certainly one of the most popular Transformers ever, but I absolutely cannot see him as a Mustang. I'm gonna hold out hope that maybe this will change with time.
Thats sounds right. What I ment by valuable is in comparion for what they sold for. The ones that pop up on Ebay that have never been out of the box and have no yellowish white fade are worth a lot!

I never had the Macross toys because they didn't sell them anymore when I got into the series. The Skull 1 was my favorite.
Old 7/24/04, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man this thread is bringing back the memories I had when growing up. Hmm... Now I feel like watching the movie.

My favorites were Optimus prime, StarScream, Hotrod (later became, Rodimus Prime in the movie when Optimus died) and Ultra Magnus.

Although I had a collection of like 100 of them, ranging from G1 to G2 (I was a baby then and a little kid too. I was born in 1985 and I think it originally came out in 1982 or 1984 or something like that).

I gotta say as much as these new ones will never replace the original series, I still like the new series. I don't know the name of it, but you know the one that is on tv now. I like the artwork of the transformers they are like a million times better looking then G1 was. But hey what do you expect when G1 was fromt he early to mid 80's yah just can't complain. Now don't get me wrong the story line now just freakin blows (I watched an eppy like last month and I hated the story line). :stubborn:
Old 7/25/04, 12:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah im sure that is just an initial drawing. or photos of a prototype. all the others have been great. glad to see they picked a mustang. gotta love transformers! guess i should post a pic of my shelves
Old 7/25/04, 12:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

heres one shelf. dont have all of them displayed. wish i still had my originals. but i went through my fireworks stage when i had them.
Old 7/25/04, 12:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

and the second, and the pic below is crooked didnt notice till after the pic was taken
Old 7/25/04, 01:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 7/25/04, 03:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Smile

Originally posted by BlackRiderX@July 24, 2004, 6:47 PM
Jetfire was the first name for the toy. The character was named Skyfire for the cartoon. The toy came from the same exact mold as the jets in the Robotech line. Legal reasons regarding this are the reason for the name change and different appearance of the character on the show. Eventually the toy was put out of print for legal reasons resulting in the characters "death" on the show. It is one of the most valuable Transformers ever made. I had one but someone stole it when I was a kid.

The coolest "car" Transformers at that time were SideSwipe(Ferrari) and SunStreaker(Lambo).

Anyway back to topic! I'm going to pick up the yellow Corvette and red Mustang transformer.
:angry: :bang: :bang: :bang: :angry: :bang:

Are you kinding me!!! I LEFT ONE @ MY OLD HOUSE WHEN I BOUGHT MY TOWNHOME... :angry: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 7/25/04, 06:12 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by conv_stang@July 25, 2004, 12:21 AM
heres one shelf. dont have all of them displayed. wish i still had my originals. but i went through my fireworks stage when i had them.
My 'fireworks stage' destroyed many of my toys! Mostly Hotwheels, and GI Joe.
Old 7/25/04, 07:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a duplicate thread.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=3584

Quick Reply: Transformers Alternators 2005 Mustang?!