Toys and Automobilia Mustang Toys, Automobilia, Memorabilia, and Video Games

NFSU2: 47 Year Old can't get to next level

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/04, 10:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will be another two years before I get my GT. Until then, it's NFSU2 for this 47 year old. And yes, I bought this game strictly because it has the '05 Muzzy GT!!!

Here's my problem. I know cheat codes will come in a matter of days or weeks now that the game was released this past Tuesday. As much as I'd like to be driving the 'Stang now, I can wait until I 'earn' it. And therein lies the problem.

Once you've raced at all the tracks, how do you get from Level 1 to Level 2. I've won my three sponsored circuit races. The only tracks I've not won at are the StreetX and Drift tracks. But I've run them, just haven't won.

Do I have to win on EVERY track before getting to move on? I don't see me winning those last two types of races. I'm always last or third out of 4 cars. Cripes!

By the way, I've gotten the Tiburon and maxed out the parts. I'm down to $225 and can't win any more money because I can't win those danged races.

So tell me. Can I get to the next level without winning every race as long as I complete them? I want to TRY and earn my Muzzy without cheat codes... any help would be appreciated.

I'm enjoying the game a lot and was well worth the $40!!!
Old 11/19/04, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bad news is you gotta complete ALL of the races to pass on to the next stage. The events marked with the X aren't the only "sponsor" races. They are all sponsor races. Just that those three are the ones the sponsor wants you to run, the rest are just random generated. Now for the next bad news. You won't get the Mustang GT until u get into the 3rd stage. I've got mine.
Old 11/20/04, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ordermybaby is the ceat code it gets all of the cars
Old 11/22/04, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

You have to finish all the races that were specified on the contract you signed with each sponsor. I know the one contract I am in right now wants you to beat all Underground Racing League (URL) races, sponsored event plus 19 different races all of my choosing. I have not gotten the Mustang yet, once I get this car I plan on keep it as my ride for the rest of the game.

I have found that each time you complete a URL race they usually add one or two new cars to the lot, so you can try completing those first.

I am driving an MX5 right now, but I have added all the available performance mods, but as luck would have it there is this one event which is a drag race and the computer keeps picking my three opponents as all Mustangs and I keep getting stomped
Old 11/22/04, 04:23 PM
Post *****

hey, just wondring about something. i was thinking about buying NFSU2, but i need t know: is there a free roam mode, where you can just cruise around? and do you have to drive to each event/race?

im not that well informed about it. im debating on whether or not i should get it now, or wait n get GT4. if there is a free roam mode, im definately going with NFSU2

also, about online play, do you have to pay for it? cuz i was thinkin of getting the online adapter for my PS2.
thanx
Old 11/23/04, 07:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah it is a free roaming environment. You could drive around the city and choose not to get into any races if you wanted to. You basically start out in one part of the city and as you complete races, you unlock more sections of the city. You can pick and choose your races and you drive, back and forth from each race to another.

As far as going online, I know the X-Box and PS2 versions are online enabled, but I believe that each service might have a monthly fee, I am not too sure since I don't play my games online yet. My x-box version however, did come with a card inside that said I could get 1 free month of X-Box live to play NFSU2 online.

Also, while GT4 will probably be the better game, it caters more to the simulation type racing, (which is awesome), NFSU2 caters more if you like your racers arcade style. Also I keep hearing that GT4 is getting delayed into January of next year, from its supposed December release date.
Old 11/24/04, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Gang, it's me. Thank you for the replies. I'm up to Stage 3 now and the trick was to find the hidden races. Also, I hit 'T' and then scrolled to the right to find out what else needed to be completed. No Muzzy yet, but I'm driving an Audi TT Maxed out and have $39,000 in the kitty.

Having seen some of the body kits and graphics, I'll have to get my 'Stang and do it up like a GT-R (Valencia yellow w/ Black carbon fiber hood) or something like the 3-D Carbon from SEMA.

Meanwhile, I'm kicking tail and taking names.... Oh, I have the RX-8 but have decided not to mod it and save my moolah for the Muzzy.
Old 11/24/04, 11:15 AM
Cobra Member

Here's another quick question. I see the cheat code for 'all cars'. Can I have multiple careers? Can I take my current career and put it on hold and create a second one without overwriting my first? If so, I could try the 'ordermybaby' yet still go back and do it the hard way... which I gotta tell you, is a lot of fun!

Oh, and if you got your Stang, how is it in Circuit and Sprint races? Is it a pig or can she take corners without wiping out?

Thanks1
Old 11/24/04, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I just got the stang last night, I just kept completing all the URL races that I could find and I eventually got it. I believe you get it when you complete the game up to 47% (you can check this if you press down on the d-pad)

The car is awesome, although, I did not drive it much since I had to go to bed. However, my initial impression of course is that the car looks like a dream on wheels. It accelerates like a ****, however it doesn't corner as well as the MX5, but that is expected since the stang is a much bigger car, plus all the torque and horspower more than make up for it. It also has an awesome exhaust note.

I must say that playing race after race with the MX5 to get the stang was definetely worth it

I plan on adding performance mods out the whazzoo, but not tinkering too much with the outside.
Old 11/24/04, 06:20 PM

i dont use codes i just find them so i can tease myself so im not sure about something... i just unlocked the supra how many more til the stang?
Old 11/24/04, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I think you still have to beat about three more URL races. Did you get the GTO, yet?
Old 11/24/04, 09:03 PM

nope my bro is playing rite now cuz he kicked me off my laptop
Old 11/25/04, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Reason I ask is because the second car you get after getting the GTO is the stang.
Old 12/1/04, 10:17 PM

i just got the stang and put all level two upgrades on it and it spins out every time i even tap the keys do i just have to wait for level three upgrades or what?
Old 12/2/04, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

FYI, the stang will take a lot of practice to control. when I added all of my stage 2 mods the car would go like a bat out of heck in a straight line, but when it came to turns it would not do too good. I thought this was natural for the type of car it is, but I found that with more practice the stang will run circles around any if not all cars in the game (I have yet to race the Skyline, though.) When I first got the stang the Street X and Drift races where a big pain since most other cars seemed like they would handle better, but I found that by re-learning when to apply the break and how sensitive the steering is the stang actually became more enjoyable to drive.

Also, I just got my level 3 mods and the car is more well behaved around turns and is awesome to just ride around in. This will be my car for the rest of the game.