2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ZEX kit problems!!! help

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/07, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZEX kit problems!!! help

Hello...I have a problem continuing on my kit. I have a 06 mustang gt 5 speed. I had and am still having tps/TB codes being thrown when the white wire with resistor is connected to the yellow wire off the TPS. I have the sys completely installed and NMU has been programmed, i have a green light. I originally had this issue once a week ago 9 miles into a 130 mile trip, with the system off, The car shut off. I had a code for forced idle and TB stuck open...i cleared them with my xcal2 and it stayed gone till the next day at which time i pulled the t tap and left the system off. I spoke to a ZEX rep on the phone and he told me to take the resistor wire out and that some cars have issues with it installed...I did that and also I inspected the white wire and resistor and found the nmu side of the resistor wire broke. I tried driving it with no resistor wire and it shut off 5 times and was throwing throttle assoc codes each time...pulled the wire and it was fine. I called and a ZEX rep sent me another wire. he told me to wire it in since obviuosly the no resistor in line trick was gonna be worse...he said it may have been happening due to the orig resistor wire in the kit being defective which made sense, and to look for one in the mail shortly...he also advise me to look for a resistor at radio shack and i could make my own but RS does not stock that size (82k)... I did as instructed and today after 4 miles it shut off twice...no cel staying on this time but same symptoms. I bet that if i had let it happen a couple more times it would have thrown a code eventually, but it simply died with the wrench and eng lights on ...i turned off key and fired it back up each time... this happened at around 3k rpm in 4th gear...I parked the car and went to watch the Jags game and came out and pulled the tap and it was of course fine all the way home....SOOOO...what to do now??? I have checked and rechecked my connections...i am using the supplied red wire tap on the yellow tps sensor wire..it must be getting signal due to the fact it sensed the volts to program the NMU...I basically have a nice show purge system right now as it sits !!! I want to get her dynoed but not with sporadic shut offs and CELs going off...is there chance the NMU is causing the problem??? seems funny cause it does this when its not armed...is there any issues that people have uncovered with the Throttle bodies after installing ZEX that have to do with TSBs??? i seem to remember something about a TB tsb problem that pops up after you mess with the TB for any reason??? IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE FOR ME I WOULD GREATLY APRRECIATE IT!!! I emailed ZEX (comp cams) and plan to call them monday...but in the meantime i am looking for inputs from SOURCE NATION!!! thanks, Brian
Old 11/27/07, 04:55 PM
GT Member

thanks for the help!!!

worthless forum i guess...75 views and no one cares to post anything at all??? nevermind anyway...its fixed...
Old 11/27/07, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like your ground was bad. There's not very many people on this forum who have experience with nitrous. What code was it throwing? There really wasn't a lot of information in your post.
Old 11/27/07, 07:08 PM
GT Member

nope my grds are cool...the zex techs and the sys designer told me to tap a wire by the gas pedal instead...tps wire by tps can cause codes atc according to them...tapped it as they said to and its good now...now to get in on teh dyno and tune a 100 shot...i have a 75 shot tune from bamachips, but am have tempted to spray it on the daily tune i use...bamas 93 tq tune...might be a little lean for spray though...later dude

it was throwing 2104, mainly...there were a few others...2115 i think...