2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/10, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear that. id be pissed , especially at the grandma saying its no big deal and leaning on your car. its a black car, my car is black and you wont catch me leaning on it! if someone who was associated with the person who just f'ed up my car was leaning on my car, i dont care how old they are id tell them to get the hell off my car lol
Old 10/1/10, 10:31 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 20115.0
sorry to hear that. id be pissed , especially at the grandma saying its no big deal and leaning on your car. its a black car, my car is black and you wont catch me leaning on it! if someone who was associated with the person who just f'ed up my car was leaning on my car, i dont care how old they are id tell them to get the hell off my car lol
Believe me, I wanted to tell her in a not-so-nice way to get the f off my car. Frankly, after all that if her reason to lean on it was a heart attack, I still wouldn't have given a crap. People these days...

And seriously, if this grandmother couldn't even have the respect(isn't the older gen supposed to have all the respect and complain about how young people don't?) to not touch my car, then i'm pretty sure all hope is lost she taught her children anything about respect. Classic case of people giving 100% when it comes to their own stuff, but not giving a **** when it comes to others'.
Old 10/1/10, 03:40 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
update?
Old 10/2/10, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I, along wth so many others, like to express my sympathy at you having to deal with this. I too have had a fair share of foolish people with reckless attitudes towards others that have harmed my car through their own neglect and lack of care. I can completely empathize with you on how irresponsible that woman was and how much insult to injury was added when the older woman decided to lean on your car. This is what happens when the car world and the mode of transportation would meet.. us car junkies will always suffer simply because we car far too much as opposed to people who simply use their car to go from A to B.

However, allow me to give over a story that will hopefully make you feel a little better knowing these people did not know any better. Several years ago I was at my girlfriend's house for a party and the people in attendance were either good friends or acquaintances (whom there was never any anonymosity with) so no one thought anything of just parking our cars in the driveway and on the lawn. Before I go further, I do NOT condone this type of behavior and I am the one who foolishly did it. As I was saying, I came out the next morning to find my mint condition, fire engine red '92 5.0 LX Notch back destroyed. Let me clarify this destruction. My driver's side door was rammed in by another vehicle, their paint was still stuck all over the door. Every panel on my car was either kicked in (treadmarks from the soles of the shoes clearly visible) or smashed in by having pumpkins thrown at the car. It was October around Halloween hence the pumpkins. They mangled my license plates, keyed the car, sprayed shaving cream all over it, egged it, and tried prying parts off of the car. This was outright vandalism and destruction of private property. As I said I knew everyone at the party and was shocked someone would do this, but then I remember this guy Kelly brought some stoner kids who were not part of our circle. So I called the cops and while waiting I took 2GB worth of pictures. Benefit of being a photographer I suppose. So the officer arrives and fills out a report and I point out the paint chips hanging off of my door. He doesn't even bother with it. Now you can imagine my temper is way out of control as I stare at my car which, excuse if this offends anyone, looked like it was just brutally raped. The cop gets in his cruiser and says "You might as well call your insurance, I doubt anything is going to come of this." So I made the mistake and said.. "Oh really? You have 24hrs to find the (expletives and lots of them) who did this, because after that they are mine and you won't be finding their hiding spot." Of course this was not smart and the cop says that sounds an awful lot like a threat to someone and could get me in trouble. So I clearly pointed out that with his excellent deductive reasoning I'm sure I could kill the President and not get caught. I waited the 24hrs and when I called the station they said they had no leads and that they filed it under vandalism. Ihung up and began my own investigation. I found the Honda Civic the guy drove and saw red paint all over his rear bumper along with missing paint from his car and paint chips from another car. A simple comparison proved it was the vehicle involved. So I waited until dark, got my snow-plowing truck ('76 Ford with a 396), and drove around until I found his car. I hooked it up with chains and dragged it away, eventually the brakes broke away and it was easier to tow. I drug it out into the woods and proceeded to use my truck to crush the car into nothing recognizable. After that was done I went and found the offenders and, one-by-one, beat them within an inch of their life. When it was all said and done I went and began the painstaking process of fixing my darling Cherry. Took two months but she was show quality once more and those guys forever steered clear of any of my vehicles.

Again, I do not condone those actions for anyone. But it felt sooooooooo good.

Sorry for the long post, but thought you might be happy to know the person who hurt your baby was simply oblivious as opposed to the hooligans who willingly violated my poor car.
Old 10/3/10, 10:10 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I called the PD 3 times over a period of several hours at the end of the week. Guess the receptionist doesn't work on Fridays since the phone was never once picked up.

Frank, I guess your s/n matches you perfectly. lol

I wouldn't go so far as to say she was oblivious, so much as she simply didn't give a ****. Unless the PD tell me they have anything, i'm just going to let it go and move on. The Mustang is going back in the body shop soon(I was delayed from Monday) and will come out BETTER than before! While its in there, i've decided to have a little something done. I will post pictures of the finished product.

Last edited by Antigini-GT/CS; 10/3/10 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10/5/10, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I hope everything goes better this time around after the body shop.