2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/10 | 11:41 PM

Sorry to hear about all the grief, file that report on her and hope the next time she gets pulled over they have suspended her license and they pull her plate, tow it and make her walk home!!!!
Old 9/22/10 | 02:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

if this happened in the state of california, and with the information you provided, this would most likely be a case of misdemeanor hit and run. it would have been more advantageous for you if the police had responded to the scene and performed an investigation, the police still need to do an investigation by contacting the "owner" and inspecting her vehicle. are they going to do that?

one other problem here is that no one knows who the driver was.

ed

Last edited by edw794; 9/22/10 at 02:47 AM.
Old 9/22/10 | 10:31 AM

Just wanted to throw some support your way, Antigini. Hate that your having to deal with this BS. I'm amazed at the lack of respect people have for others property!
Old 9/25/10 | 08:38 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

any updates?
Old 9/25/10 | 11:06 AM
V6 Member

I totally agree with your statement, "If I can't have a nice car, my dream car without having to be paranoid about it, i'm not sure i'd like to have it at all" I've felt this way before, but just like driving what I want to drive, so I waffle between all being good to infrequent paranoia. Being car-nuts, it is hard to understand why some folks could give a rats-butt what they drive or what it looks like. I don't spend hard-earned money on anything without appreciating what I have.
Old 9/25/10 | 10:01 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Well, I called on Wednesday and apparently nothing had been done, surprise surprise. So its been assigned to a detective and if they find her, I have the option to press charges against her. My fear is she's already back in Nevada banging up other nice cars.

I honestly feel a little silly about going THAT far, considering its a door ding i'm going to have fixed regardless of her paying for it or not(hilarious, considering she accused me of insurance fraud). However, when I think about how the three of them(her boyfriend/husband and his grandmother were with her) handled the situation, then the whole grandmother leaning on my car bit, I just shake my head, say "Naaah", and really want to nail her to the wall for this. I'm not even upset about the stupid ding anymore! I'm still pretty tweaked about the people, as you all can imagine.
Old 9/26/10 | 10:54 AM

Many times they just want you to get it fixed and forget it, but wouldnt that be great if she actually had to come back to El Paso and face the music... I got rear ending in our T-bird by a delivery truck , no structural damage but the bumper cover was scraped up. Of course when I called the guys insurance it was canceled so I filed against his LLC and he had to come settle with me before he could file anymore papers with the state. I almost blew it off for the $200 it cost me but when I got the call from him asking to lift the lien, I just laughed and said bring me $200 Cash and I will, he was there at my front door that evening... Good luck in what ever you decide to do..
Old 9/28/10 | 01:26 PM
V6 Member

As I tell people, I've never walked so much since getting my Mustang. I park way out and take two spaces and still hope for the best.
Old 9/28/10 | 02:05 PM
FR500 Member

It would be great to know that there would be an outstanding warrant on her, should she choose to return. Would make for such a lovely surprise for a future vacation.

Old 9/28/10 | 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Antigini -

I can totally sympathize with what your going through! On the bright side of things - I have a feeling I'll be sending you some freebie car-care goodies on Friday that should help lift your spirits!

Steve
Old 9/28/10 | 08:04 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by PureSpeedMotorsports
Antigini -

I can totally sympathize with what your going through! On the bright side of things - I have a feeling I'll be sending you some freebie car-care goodies on Friday that should help lift your spirits!

Steve

Since the Sunday before last I kind of just went into blah mode and didn't even touch the car. It was so dirty its embarrassing to think about it. So I went over it thoroughly on the exterior today after work(I ran out of light for the interior) and honestly, even with that ugly door ding I still had a smile on my face. I just had to take it out for a drive. I said in my OP I didn't know if I wanted to work so hard to keep what I always wanted, but after tonight's drive i'm starting to remember why I work so **** hard all the time...
Old 9/28/10 | 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

No dings on the Stang yet for me, but just waiting for the first. Lots of dings on my old car from parking in hospital parking lots, downtown, etc, almost come to expect them anymore unless you can pick and choose your spot every day. Almost motivation to go buy a beater and trade back some hit and runs...

If this ever happens to you again, my advice is to pull out and park directly behind the suspected offender, they can't leave unless they do some REAL damage to your or their car, and at that point it's with intent to harm if you're standing behind your car, or sitting inside it -- automatic jail time for them.

With pull through parking spots you might need a co-conspirator to pull it off. But no way they can leave before the cops are there. And when you call, mention the suspect is starting to become belligerent and you fear for your safety, yet have armed yourself, just in case, for self defense -- that should get the boys in blue moving faster
Old 9/28/10 | 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

oh no sorry to hear that. I know exactly what you mean. A similar situation has happened to me and luckily I had a witness and took them to court.
Old 9/28/10 | 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is such a crappy situation. several months ago I actually chased a lady into an outlet store after I saw her bang her car door into somebody else's car and leave like it was no big deal. She wasn't too happy with me, but I certainly left a note on the car that got banged with the lady's license plate.

I only skimmed through this and didn't see this mentioned so I'll post it here. Insurance carriers can assess liability without a police report.

Just because this person left before a police officer could show up, does not dismiss them from liability. If you have any information on them, best of all their license tag, you can file a claim with your insurance for the repairs and they will fight to get their money and your deductible back from the offending party. This is called subrogation.

It does unfortunately require you to part with another deductible that there isn't a guarantee will be returned. However the general practice is to submit the claim and provide all the supporting information about the offender as you can. Their license plate is the easiest thing to track.

Your insurance company will then submit that claim to their subrogation department for review. Based on the information you supply to them, they will attempt to locate the offending party in the same manner a debt collector would. At this point your insurance company will demand one of two things. 1. Payment for the liability of the claim which will mean the cost that the insurance company incurred in fixing the damage, as well as your deductible. 2. the offender's insurance which will then have a claim for reimbursement of the aforementioned cost filed against it.

If the offending party does not do either, the file is generally handed over to either an attorney or collection agency which can then do things like place liens on their property, order garnishments, suspend drivers licenses etc.

Now, I would get an estimate before going this route, because really, if it's gonna cost less than the deductible, or even slightly more, it's just in your best interest to handle the repairs yourself.
Old 9/29/10 | 05:04 PM
Cobra R Member

sorry to hear this ,we in the deep South have a way of taking care of thoes kinda people,down a dark dirt road late at night. it makes them a better person , ,try taking up two parking spots,down the middle .

Last edited by ricksGT/CS; 9/29/10 at 05:05 PM.
Old 9/29/10 | 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
try taking up two parking spots,down the middle .
I tried that the first day I owned my Mustang. Found out the hard way that there are terribly idiotic people out there who think they can fit in half a parking space.

Hope you get the spot patched up soon, Antigini. Good to hear it hasn't stopped you from enjoying the car!
Old 9/30/10 | 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I totally feel for you. I ride a ferry boat to and from work and the cars get pretty close together. Inevitably, some truck parked really close and these people's granddaughter got out and hit my rear fender. I get out to look, and it's a tiny mark, but a mark nonetheless. I'm pretty pissed. The grandmother says "she's sorry about that, if you want, you can hit our truck with your door."

I'm sorry...Whaaa? How in the hell does that solve the problem by putting another bit of damage on my car hitting your crappy truck!

I find myself looking at the edges of doors of the cars I park next to, if they look like they have damage, I re-park.

Hope you get everything worked out, and they a-holes pay for what they did to you.

Last edited by Mackitraz; 9/30/10 at 08:07 PM.
Old 9/30/10 | 08:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I live close to NV. I say we get a old fashion women hunt going.
Old 9/30/10 | 10:32 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

I'll be calling the PD tomorrow for an update...if I can remember....
Old 10/1/10 | 07:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow Antigini that sucks!!! I know how you feel! I got hit and run, too while at the grocery store, by what looked to be a pink car. In your case, that gets me angry to know how inconsiderate that lady was. I think she is from Denial instead of Nevada. I hope things get settled and your beautiful GT/CS gets attention only of the good kind!

Quick Reply: You have GOT to be kidding me!