2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

XPlan In Writing

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/05, 06:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I ordered a 06 GT from my local dealer, and we couldn't decide on how to figure out the price, and all of a sudden I remembered XPlan, and I asked If I could get Xplan through my employer and he said yes. But he also said he didn't know if the 06 GT was eligible for xplan. Is it?, I thought I read somewhere it was, but i couldn't find it. Also, he never showed me proof that my employer was eligible for xplan, he just said they (amphenol aerospace) had something to do with Chevron which i guess has something to do with Ford, can anyone find out if this is true? Another thing is I didn't get in writing that if I was still working for amphenol at the time of purchase (which i will be), and that if the 06 GT is eligible for xplan, that I will get it for xplan pricing. Oh, and one last thing, I asked how to apply for a pin, and he said don't worry about that I can get it for you, should i trust him???. Should I get this all in writing, because I heard of dealers backing out of XPlan. I think I will probably be going back. I was so excited about ordering i forgot to ask for the important stuff. Thanks to all that reply and for the whole board for all the answered questions, such a great bunch
Old 5/31/05, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by screamingyellow@May 31, 2005, 5:18 PM
Today I ordered a 06 GT from my local dealer, and we couldn't decide on how to figure out the price, and all of a sudden I remembered XPlan, and I asked If I could get Xplan through my employer and he said yes. But he also said he didn't know if the 06 GT was eligible for xplan. Is it?, I thought I read somewhere it was, but i couldn't find it. Also, he never showed me proof that my employer was eligible for xplan, he just said they (amphenol aerospace) had something to do with Chevron which i guess has something to do with Ford, can anyone find out if this is true? Another thing is I didn't get in writing that if I was still working for amphenol at the time of purchase (which i will be), and that if the 06 GT is eligible for xplan, that I will get it for xplan pricing. Oh, and one last thing, I asked how to apply for a pin, and he said don't worry about that I can get it for you, should i trust him???. Should I get this all in writing, because I heard of dealers backing out of XPlan. I think I will probably be going back. I was so excited about ordering i forgot to ask for the important stuff. Thanks to all that reply and for the whole board for all the answered questions, such a great bunch
The best way to find out if you're employer participates in the Ford Partnership Program where the employees can get an X-Plan Pin is to ask them. In order to register for a Pin you need the code from your company (they will give you the information you need) then you can either call the number on the paperwork your employer gives you or go online and register for your Pin number.

As for whether or not the 06 Mustang will be eligible for X-Plan Pricing...that's up to the dealer to decided to accept any plans on the Mustang (actually that applies to all vehicles they sell) or not accept the plans, NOT Ford.

For example some dealers had no problem accepting plans on the 05 Mustang GT, as long as you ordered the car (not stock vehicles)...while other dealers said 'NO PLANS' and others agreed to plans and changed their mind when the car arrived.

Your best bet is to GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING and SIGNED by a manager agreeing to giving you X-Plan.
Good Luck