2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

X-Plan questions

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/04, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by os121+June 25, 2004, 1:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (os121 @ June 25, 2004, 1:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-porkster@June 25, 2004, 1:15 PM
I am planning to do the same thing. Use my boyfriends XPlan pin to get the stang. And I too am worried about having to get it in HIS name. Its MY car, I will be paying for it. But in Florida, you can put an "OR" on the title, and then EITHER person can sign the title. A little bit extra security...versus it being totally in his name.
Regarding the X-Plan, when I spoke to the representative at Ford, they told me that the car had to be registered in the name of the person who is issued the PIN. I'm not sure if they are flexible about this or not. Somehow I think not. But - your best bet would be to call and ask them, they were very informative when I called. Hope it goes okay for you. [/b][/quote]
Has anyone else heard about this? My step-dad has an X-plan thru Goodyear. He got a PIN but was told the car had to be in his name. To me that is confusion. The plan is a "Friend and Family Plan." How can you give the discount to someone else if you have to put the car in the PIN generators name?
By the way, he is retired from Goodyear. Not sure if his retirement makes a difference.
Old 7/28/04, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what i've read X-Plan can be used for the X-plan qualifier and his/her spouse. Children, parents, etc. do not qualify. I'm looking to use my Father's X-plan on an 05, but running into the same problem. My local dealer said he'd sell an 05 GT to me at X-plan pricing when i'm ready. Now how do I get my dad's x-plan to work...................hmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Old 7/28/04, 03:17 PM
GT Member

X Plans are family and friends plans. When the employee (or retired employee) generates the PIN, it must be generated with the car buyers information. There are certain things that Ford needs to know about the buyer, name, DOB, SSN, etc.

Once all of the car buyers information is entered, a PIN can be generated. That PIN will only work for the person that it was generated. This is the process I went through to get a PIN from my uncle and he is a retired Ford employee.

It's the A-Plan that only works for the qualifying Ford employee and immediate family and dependants. If your qualifying person has an X-plan through a company other than Ford, then that might be the problem. Ford offers it to other companies' employees as if those employees are the 'friends'
Old 7/28/04, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine isn't with Ford. It's with one of the hundreds of companies that have employee's that qualify for X-plan.
Old 7/28/04, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I understand, with the "Friends & Neighbors Program", you must be sponsored by a Ford employee or retiree (someone who gets the A or Z plan) in order for them to get you an X-plan pin.

With the "Partner Recognition Program", you must be an employee (full time, part-time or contract) or a retiree (this also includes spouses) of eligible partner companies (suppliers, fleets, etc.) and universities where Ford recruits in order to get an X-plan pin.
Old 7/28/04, 04:24 PM
GT Member

I ordered my car about 10 days ago and just found out my "cousin-in-law" works for Ford and will give me a PIN. Can I still use this or must the PIN be used at the time of ordering?

I have looked through many x-plan posts and haven't found an answer yet.

Thanks
Old 7/28/04, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

The pin is required when the car is delivered. However, you need to confirm with your dealer that they will accept the x-plan. I don't know exactly how the process works, but if they do accept it, tell them you want to change your order to say "Order Type X". That should confirm that you will get your car at the x-plan price.
Old 7/28/04, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Dealers are not required to sell a car at X plan, so I would definitely discuss this with a manager at your dealership to make sure they will honor it.
Old 7/28/04, 11:15 PM

Ok, my company is part of the Partner Recognition Program. I am not a Ford employee. If you are eligible for the X plan through the PRP here are the rules and how it works.

Read it. Live it. Know it.

PLAN RULES

The Partner Recognition Program provides special vehicle discounts to Partner employees and their spouses. The purpose of the program is to reward Partner Company employees, introduce Ford Motor Company products to new customers and recognize the loyalty of current owners. Participation in the program is contingent on the Partner Company's continued relationship with Ford Motor Company, and will stay in effect until terminated by either party upon a thirty (30) days prior written notice provided to the other party. Ford Motor Company may terminate this program upon thirty (30) days notice at its respective sole discretion.

How do I take advantage of the Program?
That's easy. Follow these simple steps:
1. Generate your PIN on this website.
2. Visit your local dealer with your PIN and immediately identify yourself as a Partner Recognition participant. Provide your PIN and the last 4 numbers of your Social Security Number to verify your eligibility.
3. Provide proof of employment by an eligible Ford Partner through a recent pay stub, company I.D. or W-2 (note: business cards will not be accepted as proof of employment)

For members of the Experimental Aviation Association only, membership cards must be used for proof of membership and should indicate 1 yr. minimum membership.
For members of the Disabled American Veterans Association only, membership cards must be used for proof of membership.
For participants of the “Valued Ford Customer†Program only, a copy of the invitation letter must be provided for proof.
4. Select your new vehicle.
5. Request vehicle invoice from sales representative to confirm plan price.
6. Discuss financing options.
7. Drive home in your new set of wheels.

Are there any special conditions?

Partner Recognition Program transactions are subject to the following conditions:

Vehicles may not be registered or titled in the name of a business.

Partner employees may use up to two PINs a year for eligible vehicles registered to themselves or their spouses.

Vehicles leased under the Red Carpet Lease Option will be titled in the name of Ford Credit or as directed by Ford Credit, but must conform to the above registration requirements.

Vehicles must be retained in the customer's possession and registered as provided above for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.

The solicitation or acceptance of money, items of value or discounts off the Partner Recognition Program X-Plan price as defined in this document from a dealership or anyone connected with or acting on behalf of the dealership in connection with the purchase or lease of a vehicle under the Partner Recognition Program, is contrary to the Program's provisions and to Company policy and is prohibited.

Customers must do business with dealership employees at the dealership and may not use brokers or "bird dogs."

If after ordering a vehicle under the terms of the Partner Recognition Program, the customer cannot take delivery from the designated dealership, the customer must promptly advise the proper dealership representative, and the customer must refrain from signing any dealership document indicating acceptance or delivery of the vehicle.

Note: In those instances where the Company determines that no legitimate reason exists for refusing delivery, the customer will be held responsible as outlined below under "What if a customer ignores the conditions?"

Partner Recognition participants are required to arbitrate warranty-related disputes via the Dispute Settlement Board process before initiating or proceeding with legal action. The Dispute Settlement Board (DSB) process is an independently administered, cost-free dispute settlement program available to owners or lessees of qualifying Ford Motor Company vehicles. Service or product performance complaints involving Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln cars, vans, sport utilities and light trucks, which are within the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, are eligible for DSB review. The Warranty Guide provided with all new Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles at delivery contains important information about customer assistance and the Dispute Settlement Board process. Failure to seek resolution of warranty-related disputes via the DSB process before initiating legal action may result in the suspension of Partner Recognition Program privileges as noted below.
What if a customer ignores the conditions?

The Company cannot ignore abuse of the Partner Recognition Program. Program abuse may cost the Company inappropriate dealer commission payments. Those unnecessary payments impact all Company employees because the payments detract from Company profits, which provide a basis for future product programs, capital expenditures and, of course, profit sharing.

The purchase, lease and disposal of vehicles under the Partner Recognition Program are monitored regularly for abuse through a computerized system.

The privilege to participate may be withdrawn or suspended if the Company determines that the employee or their spouse has violated the provisions of the Partner Recognition Program or Company policy. The employee or spouse may be required to reimburse the Company for the full amount of the dealer commission paid.

Eligible Vehicles

New, current model and prior model year vehicles sold in the United States (including Econoline and light trucks through E & F-350 series, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Mazda (S-Plan)) equipped with any regular production optional equipment, may be purchased or leased.

New prior model year vehicles may be purchased or leased from dealer stock only up to the date announced by Ford Motor Company (usually March 31 of the current year).

Ford Motor Company may, at its discretion, exclude certain models from the Partner Recognition Program.

Current excluded vehicles include F-450 through F-750 Super Duty, Mazda Speed, E-450, E-550 and Aston Martin vehicles. This list of excluded vehicles is subject to change.

Optional equipment installed by the dealership and after-market services provided by the dealership are not covered under the Partner Recognition Program. The dealership may charge any agreed-upon price for these items. Dealer-installed equipment or services, such as undercoating, must be individually listed and priced separately on the buyer's order and the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet. Volvo and Mazda retailers use similar supplements and pricing sheets. Jaguar and Land Rover do not use pricing sheets.

Each product purchased or leased under the Red Carpet Lease Option will be covered by the same warranty and policy as those offered to retail customers

Vehicles not available
- Used vehicles.
- Products sold under any other Ford Motor Company plan.
- Prior year models purchased or leased after the date announced by the Company (usually March 31 of the current year).
- Demonstrator vehicles with over 250 miles are not available.

Pricing

The Partner Recognition Program offers substantial savings on most Ford Motor Company vehicles. Partner pricing varies by brand, as follows:

X-Plan Pre-determined price based on Ford Employee ("A-Plan") price.
The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (except for
Land Rover and Jaguar)

Ford/Mercury A-Plan + 4% + $150
Lincoln A-Plan + 4% + $250
Volvo A-Plan + 2%
Land Rover Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Regional Advertising Group fee and destination & delivery fee).
Jaguar Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Advertising Association Fee and destination & delivery fee).

For specific vehicle plan pricing, visit the Vehicles & Pricing page. Pricing of in-stock dealership inventory is available for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealerships. Detail pricing sheets are available for Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar and Land Rover.

S-Plan Pre-determined price based on Mazda Employee price ("E-Plan") and noted on the dealer invoice

Mazda E-Plan + 5.3%

For actual pricing on in-stock vehicles visit your local dealership. Click here to see some examples.

The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition Program price in the box labeled "X Plan"(not displayed for Land Rover or Jaguar, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda). You should also receive a complete and signed New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet showing each item and its price (form slightly different for Volvo and Mazda). This form is not provided for Jaguar or Land Rover vehicles. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. To view or print a copy of this form, click on the links found on the main page of "How it works" under "Forms".

The dealership may NOT charge separately for document preparation or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle. These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.

The dealership may charge any price negotiated between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet.
Note: Partner Recognition customers may not accept items or services as an inducement or reward in connection with an "X Plan" sale or lease.

The customer is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, license and title fees.

The Ford Partner Recognition customer is entitled to X-Plan pricing on eligible vehicles in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. From time to time Ford Motor Company may offer incentives or rebates. Unless specifically approved and announced by the company, incentives or rebates are not available to New Vehicle Purchase Plan customers. Ask your dealer for details.

The dealership may require the Partner Recognition Program customer to make a deposit when placing a vehicle order. Some or all of this deposit may be retained by the dealership if the customer declines to accept delivery of the product ordered. An agreement in writing should be reached with the dealership concerning the amount of the deposit and the conditions under which it may be retained by the dealership if the transaction is not completed.

Lease transactions may require a refundable security deposit. The security deposit is held until the end of the lease and is refunded, provided that the lease terms have been satisfied. The deposit is usually equal to one month's payment, rounded to the next $25/$50.
* The X-Plan price is printed on the dealer's copy of the new vehicle invoice, which may be reviewed by the participant.

The dealer will show the customer a copy of the invoice to confirm pricing.

Dealership Obligations

Participating dealerships agree to comply with all of the terms outlined in this document, including the Red Carpet Lease Option provisions. Authorized Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover, and Mazda dealerships are encouraged, but not obligated, to participate in the Partner Recognition Program. Dealerships must be authorized (franchised) dealers ("under their Sales and Service Agreement(s)") for the product being sold.

A copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition Program X-Plan price in the box labeled "X Plan" (not displayed for Jaguar, Land Rover, or Mazda (S-Plan)) and a completed signed copy of the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet must be given to the customer.

The New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet must identify the X-Plan price, the price of each dealer-added option, and any other allowable fees and taxes.

Participating dealerships must sign the "Dealer Agreement" located on the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet on each New Vehicle Purchase or Red Carpet Lease.

Dealers will notify the customer as soon as the vehicle has been prepared for delivery. The customer must accept delivery and make final settlement within five working days of the date of notification by the dealer. Unless otherwise agreed to between the dealer and the customer, vehicle disposition becomes the sole responsibility of the dealer on the sixth day.

All sales or lease contracts with Partner Recognition Program customers will be by an employee of the participating dealership. Commissions to dealerships will be withheld or charged back if non-employees, including brokers, agents or "bird dogs" are used to participate in Plan transactions in any capacity.

PINs

What is a PIN?
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a unique numeric code required for each vehicle purchase under the Partner Recognition Program. This PIN is generated by clicking on "Generate PIN" on the Home Page or on the PINs tab above. Take this PIN to an authorized Ford Motor Company dealership to secure the Partner Recognition Program discount.

The PIN Request Process is completed in five easy steps:
1. Enter the last 4 numbers of your social security number (please see why we need the last 4 numbers of your social security number for details).
2. Enter your name and address.
3. Enter e-mail address (optional).
4. Enter your vehicle preferences (optional).
5. Confirm that all of the information is correct and click "Generate a PIN".

Using a PIN

Provide the PIN along with the last 4 numbers of your social security number to the dealer.

The dealer will enter your PIN and the last 4 numbers of your social security number into the computer to verify your eligibility. Once your eligibility has been verified, the dealer can lock in the approval to complete the transaction. (If you decide not to complete the transaction at that dealership, ask the dealer to cancel the locked-in approval so that you can use it elsewhere.)

Ask for a copy of the vehicle invoice which shows the Partner Recognition Program X-Plan price in the box labeled "X-Plan" located in the lower right hand corner (lower left for Volvo not displayed for Land Rover). This is always the correct X-Plan price. NOTE: Mazdas are not included in Ford's "X" Plan; it is called "S" Plan.

The dealer will complete and ask you to sign the New Vehicle Purchase Plan Agreement and Pricing Sheet (form slightly different for Volvo, Land Rover, and Mazda). After you have signed it, the dealer will provide you with a copy. This is your assurance that the price charged is the correct price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. If you have any questions or concerns about the terms of your purchase or lease, ask your dealer for clarification before closing the transaction.

Your PIN will expire after 1 year from the date of PIN generation.

Your PIN may be used for the purchase of any eligible Ford Motor Company vehicle.

The following rules apply to PINs:
- The Partner Recognition Program privilege is for the eligible Partner Recognition Program employees and their spouses use only.
- The PIN must not, under any circumstances, be provided to any other person, except the dealer at the time of purchase or lease.
- The Partner Recognition Program employee (or their spouse) must identify himself/herself as an eligible participant to the dealer and provide the dealer with the last 4 numbers of his/her SSN, PIN and proof of employment for verification.
Old 7/29/04, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Holy long post, Batman!

J/K...Thanks for clearing everything up.
Old 7/29/04, 08:25 AM
GT Member

Facts About X-Plan.
For non-Ford Motor company employees, X-Plan provides an opportunity to experience the benefits of driving a Ford Motor Company vehicle. Selected individuals may be sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or may be eligible as an employee or member of a partner company or organization.

Current X-Plan programs which recognize an ongoing relationship include:
Supplier Partner Recognition.
Fleet Account Employee Appreciation
Friends & Neighbors.

Who Is Eligible for X-Plan?
Active employees (hourly and salaried), retirees and their spouses at U.S. and Canadian locations of:
Selected Ford Motor Company Suppliers
Selected Ford Motor Company Fleet Customers
Selected Companies/Organizations Strategically Related to Ford Motor Company

Participants will be required to show proof of employment by an organization eligible for Partner Recognition benefits; at the time they take delivery of their vehicle.

How does the process work?
Step 1: Eligible employee obtains organizations's Partner Recognition Code.
Step 2: A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is obtained by calling 1-877-XPLAN-00 (U.S.) They will be required to provide your Name, Address, and Social Security Number.
Step 3: Participants visit a participating dealer and identify themselves as a Partner Recognition (X-Plan) participant. Provides the dealer with Social Security Number and PIN.
Step 4: Select a vehicle.
Step 5: Provide proof of employment by an eligible Ford partner through a pay stub, company ID, business card, W-2, etc.
Step 6: Arrange for delivery through A-Plan Headquarters of Huntington Ford.

How many vehicles may be obtained through Partner Recognition?
Eligible employees, retirees and their spouses may purchase or lease two vehicles per calendar year through the Partner Recognition Program. Vehicles must be titled and registered in the eligible employee or spouse's name (vehicles may not be titled or registered in a company name). No other family members are eligible for Partner Recognition pricing.

What is Partner Recognition (X-Plan) Pricing?
Partner Recognition pricing is a special pre-determined price, which is based on the following: Ford employee price plus a premium - Price is (or will be) noted on the dealer's copy of the invoice.

Participants are explained that Huntington Ford will assist them in obtaining the X-Plan price for the vehicle they choose. Then, they can then compare the price to the MSRP to calculate their total discount.

Which Ford Motor Company vehicles are eligible?
All Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles are eligible. The only exceptions are F450-F750, Thunderbird and certain SVT product lines which are excluded. See Huntington Ford for details.

Are any other items covered through the X-Plan?
No - dealer installed options, conversion packages, extended warranties, accessories, etc. are not covered by this program and must be agreed-upon between the participant and the dealer.

Are X-Plan participants eligible for other incentives?
Yes - for most. Partner recognition participants are eligible for all public incentives and many incentives normally paid to the dealer. There are some special offers that are not compatible with this offer. Participants should ask the dealer to determine which incentives they are eligible for.

Can vehicles be purchased or leased?
Yes - both lease and purchase qualify.

Can a vehicle be traded in combination with this program?
Yes - however this program does not cover trade-in allowances, which must be negotiated directly with the customer.

How long is the program in effect?
There is no expiration date for the program, however, Ford Motor Company reserves the right to modify the program, remove eligibility, or cancel the program at any time.

Who is Eligible for A/Z-Plan?
New Vehicle Purchase A/Z PIN Requirements:
As an A/Z Plan sponsor, you must obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for each transaction you sponsor. Each PIN will be valid only for one approved purchase or lease. The customer's name and social security number are required when you call. To request a new PIN call 1-800-348-7709

Eligible Relatives:
Spouse, Parents, Spouse's Parents, Sons (including step and in-law), Daughters (including step and in-law), Sisters (including step and in-law), Brothers (including step and in-law) and Grandchildren.

Facts About D-Plan.
Program Description:
New vehicle purchase program for selected Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealership employees and certain eligible family members

Who's Eligible:

Blue Oval, Lincoln Premier, Mercury Advantage certified dealership employees and certain family members
Dealership employees must be listed in STARS, with at least six months of service with the same dealership
Two new products per calendar year may be purchased/ leased
Family members eligible to participate are the same as A/ Z- Plan
Cross- buying/ leasing is allowed. For example, an employee of a Ford dealership may obtain a Lincoln or Mercury product and vice versa
Vehicles should be purchased/ leased from the sponsoring employee's dealership. However, if this is not practical, eligible relatives may purchase/ lease their vehicle from any participating Ford or Lincoln Mercury Dealership

Getting mine on D plan
Old 7/29/04, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was just going to post the same official instructions. That should be put in the FAQ to stop X-plan madness that runs rampant on every Ford forum.
Old 7/29/04, 12:44 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@July 29, 2004, 11:49 AM
I was just going to post the same official instructions. That should be put in the FAQ to stop X-plan madness that runs rampant on every Ford forum.
Agreed...
One of the biggest questions as of late has been "How do I use the X-Plan?"
That was my first question when I started posting. :bang:
Thanks Cam75 and Avalanche for setting us straight
Old 7/29/04, 01:35 PM
GT Member

X-plan??? What is X-plan?
Old 7/29/04, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Strider+July 29, 2004, 12:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strider @ July 29, 2004, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@July 29, 2004, 11:49 AM
Agreed...
One of the biggest questions as of late has been "How do I use the X-Plan?"
That was my first question when I started posting. :bang:
Thanks Cam75 and Avalanche for setting us straight [/b][/quote]
Yes thanks. My step-dad has never used his X-plan yet. So neither of us had a clue who should call and so forth. Unfortunately, He called already and gave all his info. We both thought they were confirming his info and where he worked. We did not realized they were asking for the buyers info. We will call back and try to set it straight.
Old 7/30/04, 02:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

If I use my X-Plan will I have to pay more? :bang: Just Me.
Old 8/13/04, 03:45 PM
V6 Member

I went to Miller Ford in Mount Holly, NJ and said I wanted to order a new Mustang with X-plan (and I had my PIN number with me). They said they had to call Ford to see if they could do X-Plan with the 2005's. They said no "Regardless of whether we want to do X-Plan Ford doesn't offer it". What's the deal? Is this true? Or should I go to another dealer.

Tony
Old 8/13/04, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TonyB84@August 13, 2004, 3:48 PM
I went to Miller Ford in Mount Holly, NJ and said I wanted to order a new Mustang with X-plan (and I had my PIN number with me). They said they had to call Ford to see if they could do X-Plan with the 2005's. They said no "Regardless of whether we want to do X-Plan Ford doesn't offer it". What's the deal? Is this true? Or should I go to another dealer.

Tony
While there are people more qualified to answer this, I believe x-plan is available for the 05 Mustang and its the dealer's discretion to honor it or not. I'm sure I read that somewhere on this site. Check the FAQ, it may be in there. Also check another dealer.