2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

x plan eligibility

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/04, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know there are a million and a half threads on x plan, and i did a search and read through it, I just need a little bit more specific info.

My roommates parents work for halibertan, so they're on the partners list, and i know that since they are not ford employees they arent supposed to give their pin to a non family member. Is it possible at all for me to use their pin anyway? if so any necessary steps?

please dont flame me too bad for this, im just tryin to clarify this topic for myself and hopefully others.

thanks

edit: is it possible for the employee that is giving me their pin to get in trouble?
Old 12/4/04, 08:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
According to the partner x-plan rules, you're supposed to provide the dealer with proof of employment for the partner for which the pin was generated. Not all dealers ask for proof however. I don't think anyone would get into trouble but who knows?
Old 12/4/04, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont know if you read it or not but there is some info on it under the FAQ sticky, also there is this site: http://www.supplierprograms.com/rules.html
both seem to pretty much say the same thing, the x plan is given out to those on the list (i think each one gets six) and those then sponsor people who are buying a new ford. if haliburton is on that list then your roommates parents will have six people they can sponsor (six people they can set up with an xplan pin so that person can buy a ford at the xplan price). Its not just family members, but anyone that person chooses to sponsor. So if you can get your roommates parents to sponsor you then they can set you up with a pin to get your xplan. Of course, you still have to find a dealer willing to accept the xplan, but thats a different story.
Old 12/4/04, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by b_btrick@December 4, 2004, 10:36 PM
I dont know if you read it or not but there is some info on it under the FAQ sticky, also there is this site: http://www.supplierprograms.com/rules.html
both seem to pretty much say the same thing, the x plan is given out to those on the list (i think each one gets six) and those then sponsor people who are buying a new ford. if haliburton is on that list then your roommates parents will have six people they can sponsor (six people they can set up with an xplan pin so that person can buy a ford at the xplan price). Its not just family members, but anyone that person chooses to sponsor. So if you can get your roommates parents to sponsor you then they can set you up with a pin to get your xplan. Of course, you still have to find a dealer willing to accept the xplan, but thats a different story.
That's not correct. Ford employees have six x-plan pins they can give out to friends and family. But employees of partners, such as Halliburton, only get two pins and they can only be used by the employee or their spouse.
Old 12/4/04, 09:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TomServo92+December 4, 2004, 10:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomServo92 @ December 4, 2004, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-b_btrick@December 4, 2004, 10:36 PM
That's not correct. Ford employees have six x-plan pins they can give out to friends and family. But employees of partners, such as Halliburton, only get two pins and they can only be used by the employee or their spouse. [/b][/quote]
Simple, just have the person with the xplan buy it, then turn around and sell it to you.
Old 12/4/04, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

does ford actually check to see if the vehicle is in fact bought and titled by the person who supplied the pin?
Old 12/4/04, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

He is absolutely right, I was wrong, its only ford employees that get the six and are able to sponsor someone. Those on the list are eligible for two and are not allowed to give them away.
And it seems that if its one of the latter (those on the list) then the car has to be bought and licensed to that person for a minimum of six months: http://www.5starford.com/xplanfaqs.html
Old 12/4/04, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by b_btrick@December 4, 2004, 11:20 PM
He is absolutely right, I was wrong, its only ford employees that get the six and are able to sponsor someone. Those on the list are eligible for two and are not allowed to give them away.
And it seems that if its one of the latter (those on the list) then the car has to be bought and licensed to that person for a minimum of six months: http://www.5starford.com/xplanfaqs.html
Also, it seems like a read somewhere that Ford randomly audits x-plan purchases to make sure they're legit but I'm not 100% sure. I can't remember where I read it.
Old 12/4/04, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Oops sorry, had a better link i had intended to use with a bit more info than that one and it has a small paragraph in section 5 about participants ignoring the rules that kind of hints that there is some sort of checking going on by ford: http://www.mikedavidson.com/adzplans...procedures.htm
Old 12/4/04, 11:49 PM
Bullitt Member

has anyone out there gone around the rules either on purpose or on accident and purchased their 05 by using an x plan pin provided to them by a ford partner and not an actual ford employee?
Old 12/5/04, 12:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 4, 2004, 10:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 4, 2004, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@December 4, 2004, 10:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-b_btrick
@December 4, 2004, 10:36 PM

That's not correct. Ford employees have six x-plan pins they can give out to friends and family. But employees of partners, such as Halliburton, only get two pins and they can only be used by the employee or their spouse.
Simple, just have the person with the xplan buy it, then turn around and sell it to you. [/b][/quote]
If I remember right, the title has to stay in the name of the xplan buyer for 6 months to avoid just this scenario.

I bought my car on xplan, but haven't done much research on this type of deal, since I'm the person with the PIN. Good luck!

Did you graduate from college recently (or are you still in college)? You might get an xplan pin from ford through their college grad program...do a search on here for it (I posted info on it earlier...but I can't remember all the details).
Old 12/5/04, 12:13 AM
Bullitt Member

unfortunately my school isnt on that list... But, ford recruits from here alot, doesnt make much sense.
Old 12/5/04, 02:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by TomServo92@December 4, 2004, 9:27 PM
According to the partner x-plan rules, you're supposed to provide the dealer with proof of employment for the partner for which the pin was generated. Not all dealers ask for proof however. I don't think anyone would get into trouble but who knows?
i got an x-plan pin from a nice guy on this forum, and i was able to use it with out proof of employment, my x-plan was (friends and neighbors plan)