2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

X plan : is this the BEST deal attainable?

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/06, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X plan : is this the BEST deal attainable?

hi there..
i wanted to get peoples feedback.
Is this the best deal attainable?

thanks much!
Old 11/15/06, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, yes it is, 95% of the time.
The formula is invoice times .996 + $75
The dealer gets to keep the holdback.

5% of the time the dealer has a loss leader that he can lose money on and sell.
Old 11/15/06, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi there..
i wanted to get peoples feedback.
Is this the best deal attainable?

thanks much!
It was when I purchased mine. No X-Plan then you paid sticker. Period. It might be a little easier now and I have heard of people getting good deals on the one setting on the lots. Find out your X-Plan pricing first then see what you can get one for otherwise. Whichever is better get it.
Old 11/15/06, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, here's a dumb question. How does one qualify for the X Plan? Do you just ask for it...apply for it... what? Thanks!
Old 11/15/06, 09:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
OK, here's a dumb question. How does one qualify for the X Plan? Do you just ask for it...apply for it... what? Thanks!
X-Plan pricing is extended to friends and family of Ford employees. The Ford employee has to issue you the X-Plan PIN number. Once you have it you give it to the dealer and then you get to see the X-Plan pricing for the vehicle you are interested in.
Check on Blue Oval News forum , there used to be a place to get PINs from employees. Might try there if interested and you don't have a family member or friend that works for Ford.
Old 11/15/06, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

thanks everyone!

If X plan is pretty much best deal, when the last thing i want to do is beat up on the sales guy....i would rather have a pleasant good sale...good spirits then try to nickel/dime him further for a few hundred $'s....
Old 11/15/06, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

We got X plan cause my wife works for Safeway.

Car cost $28,600. Just below invoice.
Old 11/15/06, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

My company became a Ford Partner a few years ago. The X plan is offered as benefit through my employer. I don't know what is required for a company to become a Ford Partner. If you have a Human Resources dept, ask about it. The X plan is good for all the Ford lines (Ford, Mercury, Mazda, Jaguar, Volvo, etc.). Of course it's subject to dealer participation. So don't expect to find a dealer willing to sell a GT500. You'll get a code to generate a PIN. The dealer will ask you to provide both the PIN and proof of employment by a Ford Partner (at the time of sale).
Old 11/15/06, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

My brother-in-law is a designer up in Dearborne and he was able to get me A plan. My price was $23,7xx (can't remember the change) before tax and tags for a GT Premium with the IUP. A plan also prevents the dealer from charging you for bs stuff like advertising.
Old 11/15/06, 11:32 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Whether it's the best deal depends on what dealership(s) you're working with. Mine was $200 below invoice (about $3200 below sticker, IIRC) from a dealer in Victor, NY back in 11/04 when the mark-ups were REALLY high.

If you don't want to haggle with a salesman, AND the dealership is willing to take x-plan, AND you can get an x-plan PIN, then go ahead and but it on x-plan. One good thing about x-plan that no one has mentioned yet is the dealer isn't allowed to charge you any extra fees like a doc fee (document fee) or FDA fee (dealer advertising fee).

Someone stated it was a percentage of the invoice price + $75. That was probably the doc fee in which case they shouldn't have paid it, but I could be wrong. dunno:
Old 11/15/06, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

The A Plan is theoretically the best deal possible. It is for Ford employees. I read someplace that the X plan is calculated based on the A plan price plus 4% plus $150. The $150 is not a specific fee, just a number used to calculate the X plan price.
Old 11/15/06, 11:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
A-Plan is about $1100 less than X-Plan for the Mustang GT.

I got my X-Plan PIN by buying shares of Ford "F" stock via Scottrade. I filled out a form and mailed it to Ford and got my PIN within 3 business days. All you need is ONE share of "F" stock, but in order to justify the transaction fee for buying the stock, it might be a good idea to buy several
shares at once as sort of an investment. There's no waiting period like the BS EAA program or any of the other membership clubs.

X-Plan is 0.996 * Dealer Invoice + $75 and the best source of info for the dealer invoice is Forddirect.com

NADA, MSN, KBB, etc... do not have accurate invoice pricing and will always give you a number several hundred below actual invoice.
Old 11/15/06, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

Here's the thing.... this really came into play a few weeks ago when we got a new Fusion for my wife.... the dealer had enough incentives available to us that they beat the X-Plan price by $15. BUT... they can charge fees out the *** and you'll wind up paying much much more. I told him that we'd go ahead and go with X-plan, and when he asked my why, 'cause the military rebate and the other incentives that we were elidgable for, I told him that I know that with X-Plan, they can only charge that price, plus destination and delivery... and nothing else. The look on his face was priceless, and it was then that he knew he was getting screwed out of any other money in HIS pocket.
That being said.... it's all about the price out the door.... and X-Plan was a considerably better deal.
Old 11/15/06, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by clintoris
Here's the thing.... this really came into play a few weeks ago when we got a new Fusion for my wife.... the dealer had enough incentives available to us that they beat the X-Plan price by $15. BUT... they can charge fees out the *** and you'll wind up paying much much more. I told him that we'd go ahead and go with X-plan, and when he asked my why, 'cause the military rebate and the other incentives that we were elidgable for, I told him that I know that with X-Plan, they can only charge that price, plus destination and delivery... and nothing else. The look on his face was priceless, and it was then that he knew he was getting screwed out of any other money in HIS pocket.
That being said.... it's all about the price out the door.... and X-Plan was a considerably better deal.
well said.
Old 11/15/06, 12:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Keystone
A plan also prevents the dealer from charging you for bs stuff like advertising.
Just FYI any Ford Plan A, X, Z (I don't think Z is even in existence anymore) keeps the dealer from charging you an additional fee of ANY type. Advertising, BS Document Fee, etc.
Old 11/15/06, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Keep 1 share of Ford stock and get X-Plan PINs for as long as you have that share! You can get up to 2 X-Pins per calendar year... directly from Ford to you!

BTW Using the X-Plan (or AXZ) will make the initial "negotiation" process very painless. I recall when I had to haggle with the salesperson for 3-5 hours before he'd be willing to sell me a new Ford at $500 over invoice With a PIN, you get a price quote within 5 minutes.

Now that I know about the X-Plan system, I help out anyone I know who is interested in Fords.
Old 11/15/06, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got mine in August with the $1500 dealer cash on top of X-plan. That seemed like the best deal possible but I'm sure others have figured other things out.
Old 11/15/06, 01:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to know if your company you work for is eligible for X-Plan, just send me a PM, or if your comfortable with it, post your company's name, and I can look it up for you. There are thousands of companies on the list. Its so long, we don't print it out any more like we used to.

And Daryl, even with X-Plan, Ford's advertising fee is still on the invoice, and it has to be paid, no matter what type of plan deal. I paid it on my car, and I got D-Plan. Just wanted to let everyone know.
Old 11/15/06, 01:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
And Daryl, even with X-Plan, Ford's advertising fee is still on the invoice, and it has to be paid, no matter what type of plan deal. I paid it on my car, and I got D-Plan. Just wanted to let everyone know.
Must have missed that one
Old 11/15/06, 01:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just curious,whats the quickest way to buy a ford stock...
and being from Canada, would I need a Ford Canada stock

Quick Reply: X plan : is this the BEST deal attainable?