Old 1/2/05, 07:05 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I think the V6 is a GREAT car!

Old 1/2/05, 07:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kerafaith@January 2, 2005, 12:21 AM
Hey Doug how is it you quit this thread & then less than 10 minutes later you post again?

Not trying to be a smarthiney just curious. Sorry, it's just that most times it's things like that that I can't resist pointing out. Anyway.

Cheersmates
I saw useful information on the thread and decided to reinstate my self.
Old 1/2/05, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

The V6's are awesome! Could be the best year yet for the 6cyl Mustang.
Old 1/2/05, 07:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Old 1/2/05, 10:04 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by incorrigible@January 2, 2005, 8:11 PM
The V6's are awesome! Could be the best year yet for the 6cyl Mustang.
hmm couldnt that be sed about every year tho? i mean isnt it a given that the current year will always be the best cuza the technological advances.... and unless we have a 1970s scale gas crisis, its gonna be that way forever... of course thats a good thing

just a thought
Old 1/3/05, 04:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

My .02 cents on the subject:

The V6 and V8 were cars built with different purposes in mind. The V6 was built mainly for people who could not afford a Mustang GT, but wanted the look/feel of a Mustang. Ford markets the car that way - as a cool car with functionality for everyday life. Why? Because that's 99% of the market for the V6.
The Mustang GT is a sort of marketing lure, if you will. It isn't practical for most people. The insurance is usually a bit too high for most, the performance a little too much. So they walk into the show room, oogle over the V8, but wind up being practical and smart (usually) when they consider their finances and purchase a V6. The vast majority of people out there really don't know how to handle a powerful V8 motor and it just isn't practical for them to own such a car, but at the same time they want the style and feel of a Mustang. There's no shame in that. Most customers want the car to be more affordable/functional - enter the V6 Mustang.
Besides, there is a good amount of truth behind the statement that V6 sales help defray the cost of the Mustang GT. But at the same time, the V6 model would wither away and die (along with the Mustang legend) if it wasn't for it's V8 brother - remember, the GT is the hook you need to draw people in. Most people buy the V6 because it reminds them of the GT that, for whatever reason, they don't want/are unable to purchase. Both cars need each other to survive. The V8 provides the market demographic with its mystique and growling motor, the V6 supplies the sales due to its more practical applications for everyday life (especially in the snow states). Without the V6, V8 prices would inflate wildly due to the drop in a willing demographic, and without the V8, there would be no real draw to the dealerships or showrooms - hence no sales.
Now, as far as ragging on V6 owners, the only time I personally feel it's warranted is if they put false stickers/emblems on their cars. Quite stupid, in my opinion. Like the '87 Hondas that have a big VORTECH sticker on their bumpers and $800 rims on their rotted tires... you can do whatever you want to your car, but people have a right to voice their opinions about it, and they will if you put emblems on your car suggesting it is something it so obviously isn't. Especially from the people who have the car you are emulating... they almost feel as if you're stealing the thunder they paid a premium for, which is why they feel a need to point out your car is a slower V6. Gotta deal with the criticism with a modicum of maturity (of which some in this forum seem to be severely lacking, lol), just tell them this is your car and you like it.
And I'm not just saying this for V6 owners... if a Mustang GT owner stamped SVT Cobra on the back of his car, I'd call him on that as well. Claiming your car is something it isn't will not garner you respect from anyone worth having respect from.
I think it would do everyone a world of good to understand that when you attack someone's car, whether it be a V6, a GT, or THE GT, you are not just attacking their cars. They feel personally insulted, sometimes right down to their social class/financial status. It can get really nasty because a car can define a person on so many levels. Just keep that in mind and try to think before you speak.
Intelligent comments welcome.
Old 1/3/05, 04:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@January 3, 2005, 5:25 AM
My .02 cents on the subject:

The V6 and V8 were cars built with different purposes in mind. The V6 was built mainly for people who could not afford a Mustang GT, but wanted the look/feel of a Mustang. Ford markets the car that way - as a cool car with functionality for everyday life. Why? Because that's 99% of the market for the V6.
The Mustang GT is a sort of marketing lure, if you will. It isn't practical for most people. The insurance is usually a bit too high for most, the performance a little too much. So they walk into the show room, oogle over the V8, but wind up being practical and smart (usually) when they consider their finances and purchase a V6. The vast majority of people out there really don't know how to handle a powerful V8 motor and it just isn't practical for them to own such a car, but at the same time they want the style and feel of a Mustang. Most customers want the car to be more affordable/functional - enter the V6 Mustang. There's no shame in that.
Besides, there is a good amount of truth behind the statement that V6 sales help defray the cost of the Mustang GT. But at the same time, the V6 model would wither away and die (along with the Mustang legend) if it wasn't for it's V8 brother - remember, the GT is the hook you need to draw people in. Most people buy the V6 because it reminds them of the GT that, for whatever reason, they don't want/are unable to purchase. Both cars need each other to survive. The V8 provides the market demographic with its mystique and growling motor, the V6 supplies the sales due to its more practical applications for everyday life (especially in the snow states). Without the V6, V8 prices would inflate wildly due to the drop in a willing demographic, and without the V8, there would be no real draw to the dealerships or showrooms - hence no sales.
Now, as far as ragging on V6 owners, the only time I personally feel it's warranted is if they put false stickers/emblems on their cars. Quite stupid, in my opinion. Like the '87 Hondas that have a big VORTECH sticker on their bumpers and $800 rims on their rotted tires... you can do whatever you want to your car, but people have a right to voice their opinions about it, and they will if you put emblems on your car suggesting it is something it so obviously isn't. Especially from the people who have the car you are emulating... they almost feel as if you're stealing the thunder they paid a premium for, which is why they feel a need to point out your car is a slower V6. Gotta deal with the criticism with a modicum of maturity (of which some in this forum seem to be severely lacking, lol).
And I'm not just saying this for V6 owners... if a Mustang GT owner stamped SVT Cobra on the back of his car, I'd call him on that as well. Claiming your car is something it isn't will not garner you respect from anyone worth having respect from.
I think it would do everyone a world of good to understand that when you attack someone's car, whether it be a V6, a GT, or THE GT, you are not just attacking their cars. They feel personally insulted, sometimes right down to their social class/financial status. It can get really nasty because a car can define a person on so many levels. Just keep that in mind and try to think before you speak.
Intelligent comments welcome.
Yes.. Well said. Well done
Old 1/3/05, 06:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hmmm, I just posted in another thread about a V6 I saw today at the local dealership. It's the best looking V6 Mustang I've ever seen. It's not far off from the GT in the looks department and I actually like the grill without the fog lights. I'd rather have the V8 also but I had that V6 in my Explorer Sport 4x4 and even with it's gearing and weight I still could burn some tread. I think for the money it's one great car.
Old 1/3/05, 07:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

As many have said, the V6 is a lot more powerful then expected. I have not driven a GT yet, so I couldn't compare the two, but I can only imagine. The V6 amazed me with its pickup and how I was going much faster then what I thought I was, but again, I went from an 89 taurus to this, so thats a big jump for me.
Old 1/3/05, 07:46 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@January 3, 2005, 5:25 AM
Now, as far as ragging on V6 owners, the only time I personally feel it's warranted is if they put false stickers/emblems on their cars. Quite stupid, in my opinion. Like the '87 Hondas that have a big VORTECH sticker on their bumpers and $800 rims on their rotted tires... you can do whatever you want to your car, but people have a right to voice their opinions about it, and they will if you put emblems on your car suggesting it is something it so obviously isn't. Especially from the people who have the car you are emulating... they almost feel as if you're stealing the thunder they paid a premium for, which is why they feel a need to point out your car is a slower V6.
I agree with some of what you're saying, but let's face a fact here.

How is putting a Cobra emblem on a 2005 V6 misrepresenting anything? The car does not exsist, and won't until 06 or 07. There is no way someone is going to confuse a V6 Mustang with a Cobra based on an emblem alone.

Why are we not seeing the same outrage at people who are painting lemans stripes on their new Stangs? Using the same logic it would be the same misrepresentation that said car is a Shelby GT 350, or as some people have done, a new Shelby GT 300. I don't see people harping on that one with the ferver that a Cobra emblem on a V6 has.

Could the simple fact that the Cobra emblem just happens to be a cool emblem ever enter into peoples minds?

I agree that people have opinions and are free to express them, but that logic cuts both ways, and does not give people carte blanche to badger and belittle. There is a difference, and we all know what that difference is. If you don't, then maybe the book "All I Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum should be required reading.
Old 1/3/05, 07:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I drove a ton of 04 v6es-you may remember from my continued obsession with the Comp. Orange, and almost buying one just for the color. I found them kind of jerky, and a little slow, and the engine sound was the same as any other 6 out on the road.
I also own a 3.4l v6 Alero -boring and slow. Kid hauler.
Neither compare to the 05 mustang.
The 05 v6 is a thousand times improved from previous years. It gets up and goes quick, corners great, looks beautiful, not a thing in the world I can think of wrong with it. 210 horses are more than enough to keep you amused. To be honest even- I have yet to unleash its full power.
If you don't own one, go out test drive one- turn down the stereo and just listen to it. It sounds incredible. I have never owned a car that I wanted to listen to.
Not only the sounds- the interior(well of both) is a thousand times improved. Theres room in the front now. Its a beautiful species of car. Spectacular.
Old 1/3/05, 07:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brad posted a sticky! Read it!
Old 1/3/05, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Remember my 97GT started at 215 and I was fine with that until the mod bug hit. This V6 is leaps and bounds ahead of the old ones. With a few mods the new V6 will be just as fast as older GT's (98 and older) and it has a nicer interior, better build, better ride, etc. Don't hate, appreciate. It's a Mustang.
Old 1/3/05, 07:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by SixtySix@January 3, 2005, 9:49 AM

How is putting a Cobra emblem on a 2005 V6 misrepresenting anything? The car does not exsist, and won't until 06 or 07. There is no way someone is going to confuse a V6 Mustang with a Cobra based on an emblem alone.

Why are we not seeing the same outrage at people who are painting lemans stripes on their new Stangs? Using the same logic it would be the same misrepresentation that said car is a Shelby GT 350, or as some people have done, a new Shelby GT 300. I don't see people harping on that one with the ferver that a Cobra emblem on a V6 has.

Could the simple fact that the Cobra emblem just happens to be a cool emblem ever enter into peoples minds?

I agree that people have opinions and are free to express them, but that logic cuts both ways, and does not give people carte blanche to badger and belittle. There is a difference, and we all know what that difference is. If you don't, then maybe the book "All I Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum should be required reading.
You know that thought crossed my mind more than once- There isn't an 05 Cobra, and out of the masses of people on the street who ask about it, the first thing I do is tell them it is a v6 not a cobra,the funny thing is they are still cool with it after. I don't feel like lying would solve anything.
Old 1/3/05, 08:27 AM
V6 Member

Right on fellas!!
I'm sure we would all hate to "insult someone right down to their imagined social class/financial status" by putting whatever we choose; emblems, stripes etc., on our property. God forbid. If a person wishes to adorn his or her vehicle in such a fashion I say more power to them. Personally I'm in the debadge camp.
And to address the original topic, the V6 is a fantastic motor[as our friends in the UK would say]. What a sweet package! Love it in mineral gray. Very clean the lines on the 6. Needs a rear skirt kit to hide that god awful fuel tank skid plate or whatever it is though.
Old 1/3/05, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

The V6 can neva loose :up:

I like my lil 6er... but I swear.. at times.. there's a 7th cylinder in the beast.
Old 1/3/05, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Ok..as far as emblems on Ellie's mustang...Who cares? Are you making her payments?

:bang:
Jeez...if you want to get mad let's start a thread on Shelby's "continuation" series that are taking nice 67' fastbacks out of the "affordable" range and putting them in the "stooopid" range.
:angry:

The V6 with manual was a great car...economical, sexy, and cheap! What's the big deal? It's the perfect fit for many people. I have a teenage son...would I buy him a GT ? Nope..well...actually when he get his license it's gonna be a Hyundai...but you get my drift.

An earlier poster had commented he had the same V6 in his Explorer...so do I. It's a good engine that, in my case, has been dang near unbreakable.

This V6 / V8 argument has as bout' much merit as the 05 GT vs. 04 Cobra thread...people will buy what they like.

Jeez....we all OWN MUSTANGS...who cares what engine....

Unless some of y'all are compensating with "inches" in your engines???
hahah..Kidding!!

Jay
Old 1/3/05, 10:15 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by Merlot@January 3, 2005, 9:54 AM
Brad posted a sticky! Read it!

That's not fair! We can't reply and offer our expert critiques. He'll hear from my attornies.

Old 1/3/05, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

In no way did I say the V6 was a bad car. Just built for a different purpose. I'm sure that for the amount of money it costs it's a great value. I think that's most of what has kept Mustang alive - the "bang for your buck" V6 and V8.
As for there being no '05 Cobra out yet, it doesn't matter. If you put stuff on your car that falsely claim it's something it isn't, there are ALWAYS going to be some people who rag on you. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what goes on. Frankly, in the end, if you are happy with your car/financial decision, then that's what counts.
We live in a great country where we can personalize nearly everything we own. You just have to keep in mind that whatever you do to it, there's always going to be a person out there who doesn't like it or thinks it's wrong. One must learn to accept that and move on.
Old 1/3/05, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't worry V6 owners, once the SVT Cobra debuts, the V8 GT owners will be driving lesser Mustangs too.

Quick Reply: WOW! How about the v-6 Mustangs!