2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

WOW! How about the v-6 Mustangs!

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/05, 09:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Fordracing200+January 1, 2005, 10:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fordracing200 @ January 1, 2005, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 10:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200
@January 1, 2005, 10:39 PM
PLEEZ CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna c this again.
P.S.- Read my avatar.

Read your avatar? :scratch: How do you read a photograph?
Sorry, You had to be a smart alac. I know, i wouldn't be able to resist eithier if it was me. I meant read my signature! [/b][/quote]
Ahhh...that makes more sense then!

I think we all know each others opinions on this matter. The thread serves no purpose other than to re-hash what's already been said and the only result I can see is to stir up the angry emotions again. We'd all be better off with if this thread were locked.
Old 1/1/05, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,
I run across alot of topics I find not very usefull. I just ignore them, unless another points to it and perks up interest for some reason. This is what makes Forums so helpful. Just think, if there were no message boards(thanks Brad), how much information would you have in regards to ALL 05' Mustangs? There just might be something useful from this on, you never know.
Old 1/1/05, 09:58 PM
GTR Member

Old 1/1/05, 10:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by HUGLE@January 1, 2005, 11:01 PM
Tom,
I run across alot of topics I find not very usefull. I just ignore them, unless another points to it and perks up interest for some reason. This is what makes Forums so helpful. Just think, if there were no message boards(thanks Brad), how much information would you have in regards to ALL 05' Mustangs? There just might be something useful from this on, you never know.
Hugle, I wish I had your optimism but based on what's already been posted, it's going the same way as the other thread. Mark my words!
Old 1/1/05, 10:32 PM
GTR Member

I am gonna quit this thread now and be done with it. 2 pages of the last thread were to do with me. NO MORE FOR ME!
Old 1/1/05, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here ya go, something useful. If anybody is wondering about the Cosworth 2.9L V-6 that can lend it's heads, and likely it's manifolds too, to a 4.0L V-6 here is a link that runs through the specifics. Elsewhere on the site it also shows off the awesome heads and intake manifold in a series of pics taken during a rebuild.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/24valve_copy(1).htm

A quick rundown of 2.9L Cosworth specs:

195hp/203lbft tq

206hp/207ft-lb (95+ my)

this is with 9.7:1 compression in a very, very mild state of tune. These engines regularly make nearly 300hp with minor bolt-ons and EEC tuning. (no cam changes, head work, etc.)
Old 1/1/05, 10:40 PM
GTR Member

what type of power would that stuff add?
Old 1/1/05, 10:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 1, 2005, 10:52 PM
OK then, I believe the GT has good looks, but I would rather have a Cobra. I will never like a car without 8 cylinders or more. Just my opinion. I think the V-6 is to different from the V-8 stangs. I also dislike the 6 cuz here in NY u have to have a V-8 coded mustang and u can't put a built V-8 motor in a 6 cylinder chassis (for weight purposes) and still pass emissions. So, therefore since I dislike the V-6 looks I would not buy one I also dislike the Power ratio in the 6.
Have you driven the 05 V6? I have.

Have you driven the 05 GT? I have.

V6 5 speed manual Test Drive (links to both)

Test drive both, then maybe your opinion will change........ :nono:
Old 1/1/05, 10:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 2, 2005, 5:43 AM
what type of power would that stuff add?
No telling until somebody does it. The 4.0L block has both a longer stroke and a bigger bore than does the 2.9L the Cossie was based on. What this means, especially in a multi-valve head with really large valve area, is that you unshroud the valves some by going to a bigger bore. Let me explain.

Generally, we all know that a bigger stroke means more tq and a bigger bore adds power as well simply by making the overall displacement larger. However, when you increase the bore on this motor you give the valves a clearer shot into the cylinder bores which acts something like head-work on the intake side. The sleeved, large-bore modular motors (think 4.6L to 5.0L) benefit from this same principal and it makes a huge difference in airflow and hp.

300hp should be pretty easy really. It will be rev-happy by nature, and even with the 1.1L increase in displacement and the longer stroke it will obviously deliver less low-end torque than any modular V-8. It should be a mover though. And, these things just scream when turbocharged in 2.9L form.

4.0L's could only improve the breed.
Old 1/1/05, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Doug how is it you quit this thread & then less than 10 minutes later you post again?

Not trying to be a smarthiney just curious. Sorry, it's just that most times it's things like that that I can't resist pointing out. Anyway.

Cheersmates
Old 1/2/05, 12:18 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jstaylor, that's pretty interesting. im diggin it. how much would it cost to do all that? or rather, how much do the heads n manifold go for?

it might be worth it, in some cases, to just do this to the 6er nstead of the GT.

heck, it could make power a lot more accesible to us high school guys with extremely low incomes

this is cool

and also, i'd kinda like to take this opportunity to well, apologize for my rudeness in the last V6 thread. im sorry, i got a lil carried away with the insults.
Old 1/2/05, 08:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well those of you who matter know I love my car and have been dying to have it. I love the v6, Its just right. Except for the ten minutes my husband had me talked into a GT after atlanta, I always wanted the v6.

Now as for the snakes- I am a southern woman, this means I have 3 men in my life who adore me- my father,my husband and my son. It so happens my father is very happy I finally got the mustang I waited on forever. On Christmas morning he brought me those snakes- he put them on for me as well. They came from my father, and that is why they are special to me. So they are not on there because I am trying to misrepresent her- they are on there because my father bought them for me, same way my christmas ring is on my finger because my husband bought it for me.

I respect the GT, I love my v6. I chose the v6, no one put a gun to my head.......I am supremely thrilled with it. Very Very happy........ask anyone, they'll tell you I love my car.

With that said, I won't say anything else about it. :rock: on..
Old 1/2/05, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 1, 2005, 10:52 PM
OK then, I believe the GT has good looks, but I would rather have a Cobra. I will never like a car without 8 cylinders or more. Just my opinion. I think the V-6 is to different from the V-8 stangs. I also dislike the 6 cuz here in NY u have to have a V-8 coded mustang and u can't put a built V-8 motor in a 6 cylinder chassis (for weight purposes) and still pass emissions. So, therefore since I dislike the V-6 looks I would not buy one I also dislike the Power ratio in the 6.
maybe you should move! :shock:
Old 1/2/05, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

The 6 will be a better year round driver here in the land of Snow and Ice.
Old 1/2/05, 10:35 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I love my V6 also.....
After reading the closed thread I am glad I was not online. Opinions are one thing but insults something else. I like Aprils Snakes and if my dad had bought them for me I would be sporting them too.
Does it count for anything that I have never owned anything except Mustangs and I have had a couple of V8's. I prefer for my "daily driver" something that is more economical. The V6 fits the bill perfectly for me and alot of others too if you look at the streets. Just my .02 worth.
Old 1/2/05, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Something that I have noticed on this Mustang board. Please correct me if I'm, wrong? If you just sit back and wait, it's not to long before you hear, "my dad's car", OR "my mom's car". I doubt that some of these people that post, actually have owned, or own a mustang, or a car for that matter. Anyone can post an avatar!

As for the person who posted that a V6 Mustang was a girls car, and the only people that had them were people that could'nt afford a GT. HELLO!
I can afford a GT, OR a Cobra, but right now I prefer the 6.
Some people on this site have families. That means a home, transportation, kids, groceries,insurance, taxes, and who knows what else along the way. Then they buy a new mustang, which takes more money, only to have people bash!

Everyone has their own opinion, but being ignorant about it is something entirely different. Maybe some of the bashers would like to take a photocopy of their car registration, attach it and post? Let's see what their driving?
Old 1/2/05, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

The point is you try to ignite an arguement by referring to your signature after just saying you want to keep it civil. Just don't post anymore, please.
Old 1/2/05, 11:33 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Merlot@January 2, 2005, 11:50 AM
Something that I have noticed on this Mustang board. Please correct me if I'm, wrong? If you just sit back and wait, it's not to long before you hear, "my dad's car", OR "my mom's car". I doubt that some of these people that post, actually have owned, or own a mustang, or a car for that matter. Anyone can post an avatar!

As for the person who posted that a V6 Mustang was a girls car, and the only people that had them were people that could'nt afford a GT. HELLO!
I can afford a GT, OR a Cobra, but right now I prefer the 6.
Some people on this site have families. That means a home, transportation, kids, groceries,insurance, taxes, and who knows what else along the way. Then they buy a new mustang, which takes more money, only to have people bash!

Everyone has their own opinion, but being ignorant about it is something entirely different. Maybe some of the bashers would like to take a photocopy of their car registration, attach it and post? Let's see what their driving?
u my frien by all means are being totally truthful. not ignorant. unfortuantely im one of the people who will not own a mustang. thats coming to an end in about 12 days. but i understand where u r coming from. im not a basher. some people have other expenses. and u can still have a 2005 mustang but without the v8 which nothing is wrong with that. some people r just immature. i do mention my parents car but because they r such perfect examples. but i just gotta say hats off to u because u work hard. i guarentee the people who say the crap like "ohh u dont have a GT cuz u cant afford one" well i bet they have a busted little honda beater and r jobless getting gas money from mom and dad. even tho im buyin a GT i still like the v6 and i feel anyone who wants to own one has good taste cuz they chose a 2005 mustang
Old 1/2/05, 11:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Heheh

I own a 6
'My cars faster'

yeah and ????
Old 1/2/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@January 2, 2005, 12:15 PM
The point is you try to ignite an arguement by referring to your signature after just saying you want to keep it civil. Just don't post anymore, please.
Where do you see that I'm trying to ignite an argument? I'm referring to the V6 in general. Has nothing to do with my sig. Just because some people own a V6 mustang, is no reason to bash. If they don't like it, fine, they have their own opinion, but they don't have to be ignorant about it. Where do you see where I said anything about keeping anything civil? Don't go posting something that's not there. Maybe you should re-read the post? And as far as posting, tell you what, you worry about when you post, and I'll worry about when I post!

Quick Reply: WOW! How about the v-6 Mustangs!