2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/04, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:worship: WOW!!!!

Ford did an excellent job! I'm in love with this car. Recharging my battery right now, so I'll have pics up soon and I'll need a video host.

Some guy in a red 94-98 GT really liked the color of my car

Got there bright and early and headed right to the staging area to drive the Mustang. Line wasn't all too long at 9:30 am. There was 1 V6 auto (redfire) and 3 GT's manual 9 (screaming yellow, torch red, and satin silver) A lot of people did not want to drive the V6. Everyone wanted a taste of the GT. So after a bit, they wised up.. parked the V6 for awhile and brought out one of the black manual gt's they had on display and had people driving that. Supply and demand I tell ya. I was a little upset because I learned how to drive manual last summer, and kinda forgot how to.. but I didn't want to drive the V6 either. So the Mineral Grey one they had sitting there, they it brought back for us to drive it. I was the first one to drive the auto Mineral Grey

The MG one had the red interior. Looked VERY good!! The seats are comfortable and everything was in my reach. I could reach the shifter without ANY problems. I didn't have to move myself forward at all. Just sit back and drive. My interior looks soooooo old and plasticy compared to the new one.

Turned it on... gave it a slight rev and gunned it We unfortunately had "workers" sitting next to us in the cars. (They are not Ford employees, but hired marketing people. They've do almost all these events for Ford. A company based in Chicago.)

Go up to the acceleration part and slammed down on it. It picks up speed pretty darn good. And right after that was a braking bottom. Brakes were nice and tight. And then went through some cones.. and little did the chicky sitting next to me know that I've been in Auto Xing events So I swung it around the cones like no ones business. And then there was a speed bump area. No rattling. NIOCE!! They later shut that part down because 3 seagulls had already been run over :shock:

And pulled up to the stopping point so the next person could take it for a spin.

I absolutely love this car. Everyone that was there.. young and old... nothing but positive feedback.

My 2001 V6 Stang feeeeeeels so old compared to this one.

Drove the 500... wasn't too impressed, but nice car. The chick yelled at me "This isn't a race track you know." Well sweetie.. this was were the Grand Prix was at... so :P

Then after talking to a few people I knew that were there. I hopped back into the line to drive the 05

My mom didn't drive it.. she sat in the backseat, so her and I switched tags (we had these like backstage pass tags and they punched out what car we already drove). I was debaiting whether to hop in the auto GT line (super short) or wait my turn for one of the manual GT's... I waited a good hour and then some to drive it

I got to drive a manual Screaming Yellow GT with black leather). I warned the guy sitting next to me.. "it's been since last summer since I've driven a manual." with this horrible grin on my face. Took me awhile to get it going. The line was huge and I really didn't want to be the first to staul in front of all these people

I got it up to second gear.. which was fine for me. hahaha I was too nervous to gun it and plus when the guy kept yelling.. clutch.... clutch.. CLUTCH... CLUTCH!!! hahaha

The manual is a lot louder than the auto is.

And drove the Freestyle. I really liked this one too.

Didn't get to sit in the Ford GT.. no matter how hard I tried.. but there was a white with blue stripes and red with white stripe sitting there.

I did get to talk to some actual Ford employees that did work on the car. I was so excited to be there and sit in it that I didn't ask many questions.

All I have to say is those that are waiting for theirs to be built.. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all... and if someone is looking for a gently used 2001 Tropic Green V6.. PM me
Old 8/19/04, 12:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Amy how did the car feel going through the cones/turns? Was it tight or lots of body roll or??? Thanks!!! Good info!
Old 8/19/04, 12:54 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by dallasw77@August 19, 2004, 2:56 PM
Amy how did the car feel going through the cones/turns? Was it tight or lots of body roll or??? Thanks!!! Good info!
Powerwise, how did the 05 compare with the manual/auto vs. your GT?

How loud was the manual stang vs. your GT?
Old 8/19/04, 12:54 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Oh, and thanks for the writeup Amy!! I wanna see those pics and vids a.s.a.p.!!
Old 8/19/04, 12:56 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amy,

glad to hear you enjoyed the drive...

how was the ride compared to your V6? how do you think the suspension responded?

by the way.. very jelaous
Old 8/19/04, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Cool stuff Amy, thanks. Could you explain a little bit about the manual being louder than the auto? Also, through the cones how was the car...body roll or push etc?
Sorry to jump you with questions but you are the first real one of "us" to drive and tell.
Old 8/19/04, 12:57 PM
I'm people, and I like.

cant wait for the pics and the movie.

thanks a lot for sharing amy
Old 8/19/04, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@August 19, 2004, 12:59 PM
Amy,

glad to hear you enjoyed the drive...

how was the ride compared to your V6? how do you think the suspension responded?

by the way.. very jelaous
I'm jealous too!!!
Old 8/19/04, 12:59 PM
GT Member

:scratch: Darn it guys....start a reply then get interupted with work then get back to post my questions and all of you rip me off.
Old 8/19/04, 01:00 PM

Awesome Amy!!! I knew Ford wouldn't disappoint.

BTW, I'm new and I know Amy. *waves* Been reading up on the 05 for a while.
Old 8/19/04, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

Auto GT was quiter than the Manual GT. From both the inside of the car and outsife. People ran the black manual GT to the ground haha. That one was LOUD!! I swear, they're gonna have bald tires on it by the time it's over with.

I didn't notice any roll in the auto GT. It felt pretty tight to me.

I did see someone take off in one of the manual GTs and during accleration, they back end did whip out a little.

I babied the manual because I was scared hahaha. Other people gunned it and looked like they had a blast.

It was hilarious.. this little ol' lady drove the auto GT and she babied it like crazy. At first, those of us waiting in line didn't know who was driving it. We were just watching it go through parts of the track verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly haha. There was like a 30 sec delay inbetween each car. And when that little ol' lady finally got done.. she had the HUGEST grim ever. You can tell she had a blast with it
Old 8/19/04, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm dying to see a picture of my new baby, Screaming Yellow GT!
Old 8/19/04, 01:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Cool, thanks for the review Amy!
Old 8/19/04, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Drove the 500... wasn't too impressed, but nice car. The chick yelled at me "This isn't a race track you know." Well sweetie.. this was were the Grand Prix was at...
What was not impressive about it? The ride, the handling, probably the engine is my guess.

Thanks for the review by the way. Unfortunately, there isn't really a whole lot more to know about the car. It's too bad that you don't have a Mustang GT because then you could compare the two, but it's cool. Thanks for the review. I wish I could afford one.

this little ol' lady drove the auto GT and she babied it like crazy.
Guess she isn't the little ol' lady from Pasadena, eh?

BTW: I'd host your video and pics for you, but last month my host canceled my server for 3 weeks because I exceeded my bandwidth for the very same reason !
Old 8/19/04, 01:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
SO....
....JELOUS

Old 8/19/04, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the review Amy. I can't wait to see your pics and video, and to drive it on 9/02 in L.A. I don't know if you have any comparative experience in a current Mustang GT, but how did the '05 GT compare with it?
Old 8/19/04, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

I'll try to answer you're questions as best and as soon as I can.. but I have to leave for work in like 40 mins haha why did I say I could come in tonight?

But I'll have pics up atleast for ya..

Old 8/19/04, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

i love how we can vicariously live through AMY!!!!!!!
Old 8/19/04, 01:16 PM
Cobra Member

Old 8/19/04, 01:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great write up Amy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I can't wait for the pics and video. I am so far beyond jealousy it's not funny. :tex: A big Texas salute to you!