2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

would you like and xplan?

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/04, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off. This is no way affiliated with Ford motor company.

Now, Ford is pushing its friends and neighbors X-plan. As i'm sure most of you know, Xplan is a discounted price for NEW ford,lincoln, mercury vehicles. The price is before rebates (so you'll still get those on top of the xplan). Generally it will save you a few thousand off of MSRP. You'll have to check with your dealer to get the exact pricing. Dealers are independant operators so they are not forced to accept xplans, but almost all do.

each employee get 4 xplans to give out. Since i live in the detroit area, everyone i know gets Aplan (which is for imediate family only). In my 9 years at ford i've only used 3 xplans total. So i figure i'll offer them to people to try to get them into the Ford family. I'm trying to target people who haven't owned a ford especially, but people who currently don't own a ford are welcome too.

there isn't any hitch, catch, ifs, ands or buts. I'm just trying to help people see what a great car ford makes, and save them some $$$.

Just so no one is shocked or taken back. in order to get a xplan pin number i will need some basic info (name, zip, email address,and last 4 of buyer ssn). That info is used to generate and individual pin number that you will give to your dealer. If you talk to your dealer he will verify this.

So here's the deal. I have 4 xplans myself, with friends and relative who work at Ford i should be able to get 20 more easily. I'm going to try to get as many co-workers as i can to donate theirs. But as always it is a first come first serve basis.
If you are interest email me at :

xplanman@comcast.net

if you have any questions post them on here and i'll try to answer as best i can. Hopefully that'll eliminate me getting 100 of the same question emailed to me.

With some luck i can get a ton of coworkers to help out and we can welcome a more and more of you to the ford family. Thanks

EDIT : do to the volume of responses and limited number of plans available, i'm only helping people who are buying off the lot. ordering (esspecially a mustang) will take 3-4 months. please understand that people buying cars this week should have priority over people who cars won't be in til febuary.

Also because dealer participation isn't manditory, have you dealer contact me. personal emails will not be answered. I'm trying to help as many as i can, without having to answer 500 email a day.

To recap if your dealer has one on his lot AND they'll accept xplan, have your dealer contact me with your info (full name, full address, email address, last 4 of your ssn). Any other emails will be ignored.
Old 11/4/04, 05:17 AM

what if I already ordered (Oct 25th) and am paying MSRP...can I STILL call them and say I've got an X-plan??
Old 11/4/04, 05:26 AM

Like i said it is up to dealer if they will accept xplan or not. That said, the dealer will need the pin when you go to actually purchase the vehicle. Not when you order it.
Old 11/4/04, 06:02 AM
V6 Member

I think that is a great idea getting people who don't currently own a Ford to buy one....Good luck...
Old 11/4/04, 06:07 AM
GT Member

I'm sure i'll catch heat for this, but I think it needs to be said.

Please be careful giving out this info to *anyone* over the internet, you just don't know them. Especially a new poster who is totally anonymous, with a generic e-mail address. Identity theft is huge these days and this information you are giving out is the perfect starting point for this stuff.

*puts flame suit on*
Old 11/4/04, 06:23 AM
V6 Member

Please be careful giving out this info to *anyone* over the internet, you just don't know them. Especially a new poster who is totally anonymous, with a generic e-mail address. Identity theft is huge these days and this information you are giving out is the perfect starting point for this stuff.
You have a good point. Maybe XplanMan could provide a little more background on himself.
Old 11/4/04, 06:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Mellow Yellow@November 4, 2004, 7:10 AM
Nothing to give heat about. I agree.
Old 11/4/04, 06:30 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I got mine the other day, and Handing that mess out was nerve wracking.....You never know it could be just someone who read that thread, and decided HEY thats a cool way to harvest SSNS so he can buy him some mudflaps with nekkid ladies on them. (my very favorite commercial)
Old 11/4/04, 06:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@November 4, 2004, 7:33 AM
I got mine the other day, and Handing that mess out was nerve wracking.....You never know it could be just someone who read that thread, and decided HEY thats a cool way to harvest SSNS so he can buy him some mudflaps with nekkid ladies on them. (my very favorite commercial)
I love that commercial too. What makes me nervous about this one is the guy names himself Xplanman. That would make me nervous because it seems his only intention here is to deal with X-plans.

I don't mean to disprespect anyone (especially new posters), but sometimes you have to be cautious.
Old 11/4/04, 06:46 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess that is the good thing of only using the last 4 digits...
Old 11/4/04, 06:56 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Just to repeat a question asked earlier, can you get x-plan on a vehicle already ordered?
Old 11/4/04, 07:27 AM
Cobra Member

As long as you haven't set up financing for it yet, you should be able to. Now, it's entirely up to your dealer to give it to you, so I'd find out from them if they will honor it..... that way, if they don't, you can find another dealer who will, and order from them.
Old 11/4/04, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, that is very generous of you xplanman. I just hope you are on the up & up before folks start sending you personal information to some one they don't even know.
Old 11/4/04, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow@November 4, 2004, 9:10 AM

*puts flame suit on*
I agree too.

No offense against the original poster... but being as you're a new member here.. and I'd very cautious about it. Seeing as how we don't "know" you.

My father is a designer at Ford and I can offer X plan to people too (so he could get the Ford GT signed by Bill Ford Jr) but he's stubborn like that and won't let me post an offer... but if I did... people might trust me more because I've been around longer.. you know what I mean. Again.. no offense to the original poster.. but I'd be very cautious.
Old 11/4/04, 08:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/.../commercial.htm

Love em.

Speaking of, remember over the summer, those I (heart) citi bumper stickers? Hubby and I got quite creative on them and then chickened out on sticking them on cars of people who ticked us.
Old 11/4/04, 09:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just sent you an email. I have a dealer that willa ccept an X plan, but the person I was supposed to get it from can no longer get it for me, so I've been pretty bummed out for the past week. Hopfully this will help me.
Old 11/4/04, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well im sure most of you guys know me by now...I have no idea who X plan man is..but Im sure I can hook up a few people with my X plan stuff. Let me know via email if you want the info and I will see what you would need to use it.

I work for a large company who uses fords in our fleet, Im pretty sure all you need is our basic pin. This isnt a garuntee that I can go handing it out, but I know that sending someone all that info (which would allow him access to pretty much any private info you may have (sorryxplanman if your legit))

But if I get a few people who are sincerely interested just email (Email Deleted) ill do my best to help..

Please see my last post...
Old 11/4/04, 12:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

I talked to xplan man and he seems legit. I'm glad there are people on here who are willing to help out fellow mustang lovers.
Old 11/4/04, 12:20 PM

i don't know how supplier/fleet pins work, but for ford employees you have to go through fordvehicleprograms.com. They need this stuff. i suspect its the same for everyone though.

i've generate 2 pin already, they should be posted soon to help ease your guy's pain.

Also, please asks questions on the forum. i've answered the same questions 20 times now via email. that's already old. if you are not a member here, join up.

thanks
Old 11/4/04, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

I would just like to tell everyone that xplanman is legit. I already have a pin from him. I can't thank him enough.

Quick Reply: would you like and xplan?