2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Worried

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/05, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed my order 11-2. Had a build week of Jan. 3rd when I called first week of Dec. Now my build week is the 24th, so delays, and more delays, are the norm for this car. I have lost all excitement for it. Hopefully next month, when my car arrives, and it better have IUP, I will get excited again...
Old 1/5/05, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Ford customer service center is far from the gospel truth about the status of your car. Short of calling VOPC you aren't going to get a definitive answer on the status of your car. About the only way is to have your salesman/sales manager call VOPC while you are right there.

When following the progress of my car, customer service went from giving me an ETA that was dead on, to telling me my car was being shipped overseas, to an ETA that was 2 weeks prior to when I was talking to the person on the phone. They really don't seem to know, take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Old 1/5/05, 02:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by z71mudder199@January 5, 2005, 5:48 AM
We ordered the car streight from the owner of the dealership... we never actually talked to one of his dealers... the owner is a personal friend of the family and thats who i talk to every time i call or go up there... he knows a little about it i believe...
I don't know why anyone would assume that simply because someone owns a dealer this means they actually know anything about what is really going on. I sold Volvo's at one of the larger dealers in the southeast, and the owner also had Toyota, Lexus, and Infiniti franchises. Not to mention he now owns Jaguar and Porsche stores as well so if an owner is going to "know something" this guy should be the man.

That said, of all the people in the dealership the owner was the last person I would let order a car. I would much rather have let our receptionist handle a customers needs than this guy. Put simply, he was the owner and nothing more. He had no clue how things work on any functional level and just walked around b.s.'ing all day.
Old 1/5/05, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Yea well the owner gave us the special price he wanted to give us and his right hand Sales Manager did the ordering... it was done right for sure... the owner just bacially let us know he was hookin us up... and I mostly talk to the sales manager when I talk to them...
Old 1/5/05, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by drizztbob@January 5, 2005, 3:07 PM
I placed my order 11-2. Had a build week of Jan. 3rd when I called first week of Dec. Now my build week is the 24th, so delays, and more delays, are the norm for this car. I have lost all excitement for it. Hopefully next month, when my car arrives, and it better have IUP, I will get excited again...
i know exactly how you feel i have been up and down the excited road i ordered back in OCT. and have nothing no VIN no Dora notta my dealer insists my car will be here mid to late February I am going in there tomorrow and if i still dont have anything yet me and my wife are thinking on pulling my order. I went through the whole FORD customer service thing too i called them one week and they said my car is being built as we speek and to call back the following week to get your VIN well i did that and notta they said your car is in the system and waiting to be pulled.
Old 1/5/05, 05:58 PM

My order was *Dealer Submitted* on 11/30. Called today and the machine says as of Jan. 3, my order is clean and unscheduled, and has not been serialized. Patience is a virtue, right?
Old 1/5/05, 11:43 PM
GT Member

Yes patience isnt easy sadly.. ive got so many different stories that I just give up on customer service...
Old 1/6/05, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow+January 5, 2005, 5:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mustangshadow @ January 5, 2005, 5:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drizztbob@January 5, 2005, 3:07 PM
i know exactly how you feel i have been up and down the excited road i ordered back in OCT. and have nothing no VIN no Dora notta my dealer insists my car will be here mid to late February I am going in there tomorrow and if i still dont have anything yet me and my wife are thinking on pulling my order. I went through the whole FORD customer service thing too i called them one week and they said my car is being built as we speek and to call back the following week to get your VIN well i did that and notta they said your car is in the system and waiting to be pulled. [/b][/quote]
WOAH...PULL NOW!!! That is ridiculous. You should at LEAST have a DORA, but definately a VIN by now.
Old 1/6/05, 10:25 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My order has been pushed back a bit to the week of the 24th to the 31st .Seems a few people with IUP have been put to the week of the 24th as well. :scratch:
Old 1/6/05, 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

bobby ~ not necessarly. I have never seen a DORA. But I have a VIN. I ordered back on 9/22 & didn't recieve my VIN until the week before xmas. Heck I only recieved an order number about a week before that & then I asked them for it. I have done ALL of my dealing with my dealer via phone & 1 email. Yet I almost completely trust my dealer.......well.......the gm anyway. Because I know they have nothing to gain by lying to me & trying to cheat me.

Not ALL Ford dealers are bad & liers. Only the majority. And it seems as though Justin here is getting the run around. And mustangshadow here should have a DORA if he is w/in driving distance. Or you could even insist on the dealership mailing it to you if you are not.