2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Wondering about the shaker..rewind cause maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/05, 05:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The other night I was driving home from my parents house,I had an hour on my hands to be in the car, and didn't change out all the CDS I am sick of. So I was bored with the same songs and played around a little bit.
I noticed there was a rewind and FF button on the buttons. I pressed one of them, and it made the same sound as our shakers do.

Do you think its a wiring issue messing up, causing the CD to occasionally think you pressed one of those buttons? It makes the SAME noise.

In any case, here shortly Mine is going to be looked at, its beginning to drive me insane. I mostly keep it on FM lately because it has embarassed me more than once when I am listening to it around someone and it chirps on me.
Old 1/19/05, 09:30 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The shaker has been beaten to death........

Here is what I got:

Mine is indeed screwed per the dealer this morning. However, there is a 6-8 week backlog on arrival of a replacement due to the widespread problems with them. Guess its FM (yeech) for me until it arrives in MARCH!
Old 1/19/05, 09:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

you could order and almost recieve a new car in that time...darn
Old 1/19/05, 09:35 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Tell me about it.......... Ford outta recall the freagging things.

They got in a LL v6 with Diet IUP........ The basic model, but spectacular. I loved all over it till El was out of the shop.
Old 1/19/05, 10:30 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I want to see LL in person. None here that I have spotted.
That stinks about the Shaker. Hopefully they get it right soon. At least they are now aware they have a problem.
Old 1/19/05, 11:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My dealer forever gets limes and WB in. Bored withem. The owner(Ernest Mccarty) ordered himself a LL gt and should arrive this week. The 05s are all piled up over there. Autos- only one with Diet IUP, the other 5 are basic only. They order the basic ones with spinners and ESP.

Mine is the only yellow, and the only premium yet. Thought I was original, until I was at the custom shop this morning- GUESS whooooooo passed by on this lightly travelled backroad? My twin Thats just a motivator to get Ellie all made up.

On a brighter side, my salesman told me the computer stored when the car messed up- so next time the tranny slips on me, take it there asap and make them hook it to the machine.

Yea my shaker is just eww. It puts pauses wherever it wants now, cuts off songs, and rewinds. Hates Elton John in particular.
Old 1/19/05, 11:11 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well it looks as if there is a common problem with the Shaker system.

Hopefully Ford will address with issue with some kind of updated head unit and a TSB.
Old 1/19/05, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope Ford will do a TSB on the Shaker as well, they need to make certain the very happy crop of 05 Mustang owners stay happy. However, if I were Ford I would avoid a recall if at all possible and issue a TSB instead. A TSB can accomplish the same thing that a recall can, and the last thing Ford needs is another recall.
Old 1/19/05, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

I went about 3 weeks with flawless shaker performance, just yesterday I popped in a CD I haven't listened to in awhile and it started doing the 5 second rewind deal again. Most of my store bought CD's are kept in the house and keep burned in the car. I listen to both though, don't have all my store bought CD's burned and it seems to skip equally on either, so don't think it's the recordables thats the problem as been eluded to by some other threads.

Has never skipped with my MP3 CD's yet.

It doesn't do it often enough to deter me from listening to CD's though. I'll end up taking it back to the dealer eventually when I have the time but not worried about it atm.

Where do we read about or find out about recall info or TSB's?
Old 1/19/05, 12:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Two months.....Good Greif.
Save them and ME trouble to get me an aftermarket.

Apparently its a confirm now- most of the 05 shakers are bad.