2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Window Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/08, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Sticker

When the New Jersey Ford Dealer delivered my new GT/CS to me here on Long Island 1/31/2008 the window sticker was missing. This was after I made it very clear that I had to have the sticker intact and left on the car, which the salesman assured me would be the case. But never the less no sticker. When I called the Dealer before signing the papers the sales manager promised me that they would get a replacement from the factory where the car was built, and it would take one week. Well three weeks and many calls later no sticker. Ford corporate customer support insists that the only thing they can do is send me a Build Sheet which will not have the MSRP on it. And that only the selling Dealer can get a window sticker from the factory. I feel like I'm in a catch-22. You would think that Ford Motor Company would have a better appreciation of how important that type of documentation is to car enthusiasts. I was wondering if any of you Ford Folks out there know of a way to get a replacement window sticker from Ford, when the selling Dealer is of no help.
Thanks
Old 2/21/08, 02:07 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure how you could get a replacement. I know how you feel though. Not only did they toss my window sticker, they also mounted the front license plate when I specifically told them not to drill any holes in the front bumper.
Old 2/21/08, 02:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Not sure how you could get a replacement. I know how you feel though. Not only did they toss my window sticker, they also mounted the front license plate when I specifically told them not to drill any holes in the front bumper.
If they had drilled holes in my bumper I wouldve walked on the sale. Sorry to take this thread off topic but that stuff realy irritates me.

Rob
Old 2/21/08, 02:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Just go over to Blueoval.com and they can get you a PDF file of your sticker. All they need is your VIN number.

Just be sure to read the request form for information first before asking.

Here is the link.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...howtopic=14397
Old 2/21/08, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jrys
When the New Jersey Ford Dealer delivered my new GT/CS to me here on Long Island 1/31/2008 the window sticker was missing. This was after I made it very clear that I had to have the sticker intact and left on the car, which the salesman assured me would be the case. But never the less no sticker. When I called the Dealer before signing the papers the sales manager promised me that they would get a replacement from the factory where the car was built, and it would take one week. Well three weeks and many calls later no sticker. Ford corporate customer support insists that the only thing they can do is send me a Build Sheet which will not have the MSRP on it. And that only the selling Dealer can get a window sticker from the factory. I feel like I'm in a catch-22. You would think that Ford Motor Company would have a better appreciation of how important that type of documentation is to car enthusiasts. I was wondering if any of you Ford Folks out there know of a way to get a replacement window sticker from Ford, when the selling Dealer is of no help.
Thanks
I got a PDF of my sticker by going to blue oval news, ford employee forums, vehicle tracking. My car doesn't arrive for a few days yet but as soon as it's scheduled for production the sticker exists.
Old 2/21/08, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would think that Ford Motor Company would have a better appreciation of how important that type of documentation is to car enthusiasts.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I have to believe that the dealer can get you a replacement sticker. I know other manufacturers can, I've seen it done.
Old 2/21/08, 03:21 PM
GT Member

I thought it was illegal for the dealer to remove the window sticker from the car? To my knowledge only the buyer could remove it.

Also when I got my car, the dealer put holes in my front bumper when I told them not to. I told them I wasn't going to take it like that, so they swapped bumpers for me from another 2008 Mustang GT that came in a week later. They even gave it to me in writing that they owe me a drill less bumper.
Old 2/21/08, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By law, the Monroney Label (the legal name for the window sticker) must be on the car until it is sold. Most dealers take them off and put them in the glove box or trunk as a courtesy at delivery. But, if a window gets smashed, or something happens where the sticker gets damaged and must be replaced, the dealer has to be able to get a replacement from the factory.
Old 2/21/08, 03:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey buddy, I would bypass the snook of a salesperson, and drive over there and talk to the title clerk. When my car came in, I wanted another copy of the window label. Went into her office here at work, and asked her to submit for one. Less than a week, a new one came, and it still had the outer edges on it (where they peel off the label to apply it to the window). I had a frame at work, and put it n ASAP. Now, that is stored in my car and displayed at every show.

So just drive over there on day you have off, and talk to that person. They should get it for you easily. I'm just sorry its this aggravating to get a new window label.
Old 2/21/08, 04:38 PM

Thanks for all the replays, I have not given up with the Dealer yet. I spoke to the General Manager today and he said that he will check with the factory and get back to me on Monday. We will see. I just went over to Blueoval.com and put in a request for a PDF copy, that would also be nice to have.

Thanks Again
Old 2/22/08, 06:07 AM
GT Member

The dealer is your only avenue to get an original unmolested window sticker. I got mine thru the dealer in about 7 days.
Old 2/22/08, 06:42 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
They wouldn't have even dared to try doing that to me.
I came in with a copy of the sticker before they even had the car.
They also knew that I knew that removing the sticker is illegal.
There were also 5 LARGE notes on the paperwork not to drill the bumper.
An ounce prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Old 2/22/08, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
depends on the dealers and how "friendly" they are. the ford dealership i deal with asked me about the car. i told them i wanted nothing done to it. even down to washing. when i picked the car up it still had all the stickers, plastic on the seats and was dusty. they knew how particular i was and knew not to touch anything. it set in my garage after i sprayed it off for a week before i took the stickers off. keep trying on the window sticker. they have ways to print them.
Old 2/22/08, 11:54 AM

I received the PDF file copy from blueovalnews.com. What a nice bunch over there. I'm still working on the Dealer to get me a factory original.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WINDOW STICKER PFD.pdf (110.6 KB, 315 views)
Old 2/22/08, 06:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I received the PDF file copy from blueovalnews.com. What a nice bunch over there. I'm still working on the Dealer to get me a factory original.
The dealer is still hoping you will just go away.
Make a copy and bring it in.
Tell them you want them to print out a sticker on the proper paper or you will refer the case to the proper authorities for prosecution.
It is a crime to sell a car without the Monroney Sticker.
The actual United States Code is Title 15, Chapter 28, Sections 1231-1233
Criminal prosecution is possible under 15 U.S.C. § 1233, for the willful removal of a label and is punishable as a Class A misdemeanor permitting a fine ($100,000 per violation for an individual and $200,000 per violation for an organization under 18 U.S.C. § 3571) as well as imprisonment for not more than one year, or both.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch28.html

Old 2/23/08, 08:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

I understand that the sticker (Monroney) MUST be delivered to the end buyer buy law. I would make them jump hoops to get the original. Why should the buyer have to track one down.
Old 2/28/08, 09:29 AM

Success, I just received my replacement window sticker from Ford.
It took almost a month but alls well that ends well.
Old 2/29/08, 03:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Success, I just received my replacement window sticker from Ford.
It took almost a month but alls well that ends well.
What r u gonna do with it? Frame it? Just curious.
Old 2/29/08, 05:32 PM
V6 Member

Congrats on getting your sticker....I've been trying to get a replacement sticker from Dale Jarrett Ford since Oct 4th 2007....What a frickin waste of time. At first they kept telling me we'll let you know when it comes in. Now I get no response from the dealership at all.
Old 3/2/08, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rebel73
What r u gonna do with it? Frame it? Just curious.
I think I will just put it away in a safe place so it stays in pristine condition.
The nice thing about it is that the backing has not been peeled off as it would have been if it was put on the car. How cool is that.