2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Will your dealer demo yours

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/04, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HUGLE+September 23, 2004, 7:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HUGLE @ September 23, 2004, 7:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-GMAYS@September 23, 2004, 8:15 PM
...and if anyone's presold car has more than single digit mileage??? All the Mustang Sourcers know...that's grounds for...

...yes, the Salesman Ding Ding Manuever!!! Also known as the Ding Ding Drop Kick, or the KevinB Special

what if it's a woman salesperson????? [/b][/quote]
...well in that case I guess just
Old 9/23/04, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks a lot Karpro. Now I'm going to have nightmares tonight about the lot boys drifting in my stang!!

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Old 9/23/04, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by joeuser42@September 23, 2004, 9:13 PM
Thanks a lot Karpro. Now I'm going to have nightmares tonight about the lot boys drifting in my stang!!

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
LOL, Didn't mean to scare ya. Was just sittin here today realizing how long it might be before I get to drive one and know some salespeople/dealership employees might be tempted to try someones.

Get some sleep and remember, it was only a dream!
Old 9/23/04, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I used to be a mechanic at a Ford dealership years ago. I remember the day i saw my '89 F-150 on the transport truck pulling into the dealership. I ran out there and stared at my truck. I was the one who prepped and washed it. I still have that truck with (...you're not gonna believe this) only 60k miles on it!! The truck is like new!

Yeah, i can understand how you're gonna feel about someone else driving your "virgin" car.
Old 9/23/04, 09:31 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Kellarina@September 23, 2004, 3:14 PM

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being too **** or snotty.
NO WAY!! u have to be **** with these kinda things. its a car were talkin about not a toy lol
Old 9/23/04, 09:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am always the type to rush into things. That being said I bought my 2002 Zinc yellow V6 with about 38 miles on it in August 2002. The excuse they gave me was that some guy had tried to buy it but ended up not not being able to qualify for a loan. By rushing I also got stuck with 10.9 interest and $450 payments. On top of that I had a $3000 rollover from my previous car. :bang:

Point? Don't rush things! $450 for a v6?? Thats just insane!
Old 9/23/04, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Ballz@September 23, 2004, 9:42 PM
I am always the type to rush into things. That being said I bought my 2002 Zinc yellow V6 with about 38 miles on it in August 2002. The excuse they gave me was that some guy had tried to buy it but ended up not not being able to qualify for a loan. By rushing I also got stuck with 10.9 interest and $450 payments. On top of that I had a $3000 rollover from my previous car. :bang:

Point? Don't rush things! $450 for a v6?? Thats just insane!
Mine had even more. I didn't check it before signing papers though. On the sheet they showed me it had only 8 miles when delivered. somebody took it for a half an hour gas run while I was signing papers ....

Needless to say purchasing that car was a nightmare. Only advice I can give is check everything before buying it.
Old 9/23/04, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Luckily there was nothing wrong with my car. OH! Besides the bolts/screws that hold the rockers (the things under the doors right?) on. They haven't fallen off yet and Ihave yet to fix them. Just noticed this not long ago.
Old 9/23/04, 09:59 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I went to pick up a 97 GT that I ordered from factory I hoped inside to find over 250km's on it. I asked what the &#(*& and the sales manager said they had to put gas in it and PDI the car. Aparently he must have thought this was my first purchase. I simply told him, "Nice car, however I think it is better suited for someone who doesn't give a crap about how a dealership will treat them. So please sell the car to someone else as I will order another one from a dealer who cares". His jaw dropped but the best expression on his face was when I showed up again 2 months later in a 97 GT that I bought from another dealer.

Don't worry, I am a jerk only when I need to be. I ordered my 2005 GT from the dealership that screwed me. They all know me well so we will see if they have learned their lesson yet.
Old 9/23/04, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much, its pretty much an uncommon practice. The salespeople tend to police vehicles they ordered in. Here they get PDIs right away and the salesperson holds the keys. Usually they call their customers as soon as they show up, a salesman wants the car OFF the lot as fast as possible. Do you think I am going to let other salespeople joy-ride one of MY hybrid orders? Usually they are parked in the corners with huge SOLD BY (WHOEVER) signs in the windows, you will even yell at a manager for trying to mess with it.
Old 9/24/04, 06:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Kevin, would you the salesmanager if he tried?
Old 9/24/04, 09:24 AM

Just something to think about guys. I ordered my 98 GT at the end of the 98 model year. I was expecting a virgin car rather than picking through what was left on the dealer lots. When it arrived, I was totally pissed. :angry: Of all the cars built throughout the model year my custom ordered car was "randomly" selected for a quality control road test... 50 mile road test that is. :shock: Why do a quality test on a model that was no longer going to be built at the end of the production run? :scratch: So just keep that in mind the 05 being a new design and at the begining of the production run, it could happen to your pony as well. I was stuck with it because I couldn't order another one as someone mentioned earlier, so I took it anyway because it was the car I order the way I wanted it and had no other choice. But in this case it wasn't the dealers fault rather the factory itself.
Old 9/24/04, 10:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess all you could do was and then buy a 99
Old 9/24/04, 11:14 AM

I suppose but the 99 wasn't an option. As much as some will hate to hear this, but I didn't like the new design in 99 and I still don't like it very much. Too box like, sharp edges. I like the body with more curves in it, wait... or is that my wife I'm thinking about?
Old 9/24/04, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 98GT@September 24, 2004, 9:27 AM
Just something to think about guys. I ordered my 98 GT at the end of the 98 model year. I was expecting a virgin car rather than picking through what was left on the dealer lots. When it arrived, I was totally pissed. :angry: Of all the cars built throughout the model year my custom ordered car was "randomly" selected for a quality control road test... 50 mile road test that is. :shock: Why do a quality test on a model that was no longer going to be built at the end of the production run? :scratch: So just keep that in mind the 05 being a new design and at the begining of the production run, it could happen to your pony as well. I was stuck with it because I couldn't order another one as someone mentioned earlier, so I took it anyway because it was the car I order the way I wanted it and had no other choice. But in this case it wasn't the dealers fault rather the factory itself.
Someone in the know, is this real or BS?

I have never heard of any manufacturer taking a car off the line for a "road test" and then sending it to a dealer to be sold as a new car, especially a customer order.

Most quality control test are done by taking a vehicle off the line and doing all sorts of quality control tests to it, some of which include dismantling parts of the vehicle.

I think this is BS your dealer fed you for taking your car out for a joy ride, but I could be wrong.

Anybody working at the plant chime in please.
Old 9/24/04, 01:37 PM
GT Member

I suggest meeting your car as it comes off the truck at the dealership and licking the door handles. That should keep everyone at the dealership away. Peeing on one of the tires is also a alternate means of accomplishing the same thing.
Old 9/24/04, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by ecgirard2@September 24, 2004, 1:40 PM
I suggest meeting your car as it comes off the truck at the dealership and licking the door handles. That should keep everyone at the dealership away. Peeing on one of the tires is also a alternate means of accomplishing the same thing.
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Old 9/24/04, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I was told that I will be getting a call as soon as the car hit the lot NO prep NO touching I will be the first person to drive it after the driver takes it off the truck
Old 9/24/04, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Flyinlow@September 24, 2004, 1:25 PM

I have never heard of any manufacturer taking a car off the line for a "road test" and then sending it to a dealer to be sold as a new car, especially a customer order.

Most quality control test are done by taking a vehicle off the line and doing all sorts of quality control tests to it, some of which include dismantling parts of the vehicle.

I think this is BS your dealer fed you for taking your car out for a joy ride, but I could be wrong.

Anybody working at the plant chime in please.
It's no BS and it's not a story the dealer fed me to cover a joy ride. I went by the dealer on a daily basis when my car was due to arrive and when it did it had all sorts of labels placed on it from the factory that stated it was selected for a quality assurance road test. I have the labels that were on the car. It had a total of 55 miles when I got it. It still had the protective plastic on it. I even called Ford to complain about it but too little too late.
Old 9/24/04, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Flyinlow+September 24, 2004, 1:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flyinlow @ September 24, 2004, 1:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-98GT@September 24, 2004, 9:27 AM

Anybody working at the plant chime in please. [/b][/quote]
It does happen. The factory actually puts a sticker in the drivers window letting you know it was done and exactly how many miles were put on. It is pretty rare, maybe one out of every few hundred but definately happens.

Paul

Quick Reply: Will your dealer demo yours