2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Wife driving me nuts

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/04, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife is driving me nuts wanting her new GT Mustange. Order placed on 9-12-04. Has not been pulled yet for build or vin#. Ordered GT Mustange.iup,w/spoiler. Hold for lack of material not working on her anymore. Frankly I don't believe it anymore either. Not getting any helpful info. from my dealer either. Are there others out there in a similar situation who have been waiting this long and not got a build date yet. Don't have any paint left on the walls, gonna have to paint inside of house now. This car getting expensive.
Old 12/1/04, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Buy her some chocolate.

Then go talk to your dealer and as to see the status of the vehicle, how many are ahead of you, and what their allocation is. If they have an allocation of 2 and there are 7 ahead of you, then you have quite a wait in store and I would look for another dealer to see if they can give you a better spot in line.

Until the car gets there, search dealers online for GTs she can test drive until hers is here.
Old 12/1/04, 11:09 AM
FR500 Member

I ordered my GT on 9-15 and received it on 11-15. Your dealer must be having allocation problems and won't fess up to you. You might ask them if it would help on delivery time if you went spoiler delete, but I doubt that is the real problem.
Old 12/1/04, 11:13 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Wow, at least I know what I am putting my husband through.

Its odd how some people ordered long after us, and they already have thier cars. Someone got thier car delivered on the 30th, and they didnt order until the 10/9.

I ordered on 9/23. I got my VIN after 4 weeks, my build was 3 weeks later, and now I waiting for delivery. I have a GT with IUP, and there was only a week long TEMP HOLD.

My husband dreads seeing one on the road, every commercial he runs for cover, tunes me out when the conversation begins with, "My Stang..." "I called Daniel" "I read today..."

I have gotten purses, new furniture (was gonna get it anyway,I just got what I wanted this time around, LOL), dinners, all kinds of stuff just to keep me off his back. He even called the dealership and female doged out the General Manager for making me wait so long
Old 12/1/04, 11:15 AM
GT Member

I had the same problem with my dealer, but I didn't bother with waiting on them. I searched the net and found one 200 miles away and bought that one instead. It took a lot of looking, but I finally found one.

If they can't tell you the truth, I wouldn't give them your business.
Old 12/1/04, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Wife story of another sort: Last Wed my dealer received their first GT - Redfire with 5 manual, ICAP and every single option. A 60 something guy drove by, stopped and bought it on the spot. His wife refused to let him keep it so it's back and unsold as of last night. She didn't like the red seats and insisted on Automatic.

I hope she doesn't end up with coal in her stocking this year!

Poor guy.
Old 12/1/04, 11:26 AM

I ordered my GT with IUP, Man. Trans, Spoiler... on 10/15. Just got my VIN yesterday and it's building this week. According to my dealer, it should be here the week of 12/13. I was a priority 40 from 5 Star in Scottsdale.
Old 12/1/04, 11:43 AM
GT Member

My wife is wishing that the Ford dealerships here did not have any 05's, she can see me reaching for the checkbook everytime we drive by it!
Old 12/1/04, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's your dealer. Go somewhere else period!
Old 12/1/04, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by intimidatorGT@December 1, 2004, 11:12 AM
My wife is driving me nuts wanting her new GT Mustange. Order placed on 9-12-04. Has not been pulled yet for build or vin#. Ordered GT Mustange.iup,w/spoiler. Hold for lack of material not working on her anymore. Frankly I don't believe it anymore either. Not getting any helpful info. from my dealer either. Are there others out there in a similar situation who have been waiting this long and not got a build date yet. Don't have any paint left on the walls, gonna have to paint inside of house now. This car getting expensive.
I know you have a Chevrolet man for your avatar but its "Mustang" not "Mustange." I am assuming you don't know this since you spelled it wrong more than once. It drives me nuts -- reminds me of this guy who kept claiming he had a 99 Roushe Mustange when it was really a bunch of different body kits molded together with Roush stickers...
Old 12/1/04, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by rm2000+December 1, 2004, 2:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rm2000 @ December 1, 2004, 2:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-intimidatorGT@December 1, 2004, 11:12 AM
I know you have a Chevrolet man for your avatar but its "Mustang" not "Mustange." I am assuming you don't know this since you spelled it wrong more than once. It drives me nuts -- reminds me of this guy who kept claiming he had a 99 Roushe Mustange when it was really a bunch of different body kits molded together with Roush stickers... [/b][/quote]
Just what I needed another smart a-- (mustang)
Old 12/1/04, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Drivetime@December 1, 2004, 12:28 PM
Wife story of another sort: Last Wed my dealer received their first GT - Redfire with 5 manual, ICAP and every single option. A 60 something guy drove by, stopped and bought it on the spot. His wife refused to let him keep it so it's back and unsold as of last night. She didn't like the red seats and insisted on Automatic.

I hope she doesn't end up with coal in her stocking this year!

Poor guy.
I would've let the wife go first!