2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who said there's no such thing as a stupid questio

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/05, 11:30 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is just funny, I dont get to use the "Here's your sign" bit too often but when I do I get a kick out of it.
Aight then, on my way home from work tonight I pull up next to this guy whos hanging out his window to get my attention, and hes saying how much he likes the car and all and then he asks "Did you buy that new?" and I just couldn't help myself, I was like "Nope, I'm the third owner, last guy sold it to buy an 06 Camero. Here's your sign."

NOTE: Still dont have plates on my car, and have the dealers registration on the front window on the passenger side where he was positioned at, not to mention these darn things just came out.
Old 1/18/05, 11:38 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Man thats hilarious! Both your experience and the whole "heres your sign" bit.
Old 1/19/05, 12:17 AM
FR500 Member

Last Saturday, I had a guy ask me questions about my car like for ten minutes. His final question was, what year is it? I said it was pretty recent and told him I had to leave now!
Old 1/19/05, 12:34 AM

LOL are you fricken kidding me, thats just funny.
Old 1/19/05, 12:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 19, 2005, 1:37 AM
LOL are you fricken kidding me, thats just funny.
?ok Call me stupid. What is ( Here's your sign)?
Old 1/19/05, 01:17 AM

it is a sketch that comedian Bill Engvall does, he is part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and has that TV show by the same name on Comedy Central with Jeff Foxworthy and a couple other guys that do the whole redneck comedy thing. It is his catch phrase like Foxworthy's "You know your a redneck if....". It revolves around people saying really stupid things based on what is very obvious, like if you had your keys locked in your car and were trying to jimmy the door with a coat hanger, and some guy were to walk up and ask "You lock your keys in your car?" Then you would respond with some smartallec remark like, "Nope, just washed it, gonna hang it up to dry. Here's your sign." It started with his observation of really stupid things stated on actuall signs and he did this as a recording in 96 with Travis Tritt singing the background. Here is a funny page I found with some examples.
http://www.expage.com/thesign
Old 1/19/05, 01:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 19, 2005, 2:20 AM
it is a sketch that comedian Bill Engvall does, he is part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and has that TV show by the same name on Comedy Central with Jeff Foxworthy and a couple other guys that do the whole redneck comedy thing. It is his catch phrase like Foxworthy's "You know your a redneck if....". It revolves around people saying really stupid things based on what is very obvious, like if you had your keys locked in your car and were trying to jimmy the door with a coat hanger, and some guy were to walk up and ask "You lock your keys in your car?" Then you would respond with some smartallec remark like, "Nope, just washed it, gonna hang it up to dry. Here's your sign." It started with his observation of really stupid things stated on actuall signs and he did this as a recording in 96 with Travis Tritt singing the background. Here is a funny page I found with some examples.
That is really funny. Man!!!! You learn something new everyday. I'm sure I'll be talking about this at work tomorrow!
Thanks
Old 1/19/05, 07:02 AM
Rik
GT Member

I might add: part of the comedy sketch is the idea that stupid people should wear a sign around their neck so you won't waste your time answering their questions.

State Trooper sees an eighteen-wheeler truck stuck under a highway overpass. He gets out and strolls over to the truck driver standing by the side of the road.
"Got stuck, huh?"
Truck driver spits out a wad of tobacco and replies, "Naw. I was hauling that bridge and the truck broke down."

"Here's your sign."
Old 1/19/05, 07:09 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by rrobello@January 19, 2005, 2:20 AM
My response in that situation would be: "Thank you Captain Obvious"
Old 1/19/05, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Here's your sign"......I think we need a new smiley!
Old 1/19/05, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Is the IUP shortage because of the robots?? Here's your sign
Old 1/19/05, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I love Bill Engvall, he's my favorite. I just saw Ron White last Thursday, he was great live in person!!!!! I had such a good time.
Old 1/19/05, 08:22 PM
GT Member

I got one for ya...I stopped to get gas on my way home from work just now and while inside paying the cashier had a friend up there (its a small town, not a lot to do) The cashier knows me and my car. His friend says "Can I ask you a question?" Sure, I said. This guy says "I have a bet going, is that a '67 Shelby?" The cashier and I look at each other, look out at my car, and we're both just kinda confused. I said "Uhhhh not that I wouldn't mind having it, but I hope not, because I paid for a 2005 Mustang." The guy hung his head and said he just lost $20.
Old 1/19/05, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by Shannon@January 19, 2005, 9:25 PM
I got one for ya...I stopped to get gas on my way home from work just now and while inside paying the cashier had a friend up there (its a small town, not a lot to do) The cashier knows me and my car. His friend says "Can I ask you a question?" Sure, I said. This guy says "I have a bet going, is that a '67 Shelby?" The cashier and I look at each other, look out at my car, and we're both just kinda confused. I said "Uhhhh not that I wouldn't mind having it, but I hope not, because I paid for a 2005 Mustang." The guy hung his head and said he just lost $20.
what a tool!!!!
Old 1/19/05, 11:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Ron White: They call me 'Tater Salad.' So my son would be 'Tater Tot'.

/well, sorta like that there. That's dere's funny, I don't car who y'ar. Giterdun!
Old 1/19/05, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by houtex@January 20, 2005, 12:03 AM
Ron White: They call me 'Tater Salad.' So my son would be 'Tater Tot'.

/well, sorta like that there. That's dere's funny, I don't car who y'ar. Giterdun!
I love that one, makes me laugh every time.
Old 1/19/05, 11:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Man, I saw Bill Engvall live last spring!! Him'n those guys r funny!!! Wanted to see Ron White when he came to town, but that was when we moved. Sometimes I think I'm the only one in Michigan that gets the Blue Collar show, guess I'm just a transplanted redneck!!!
Old 1/20/05, 05:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn@January 20, 2005, 1:18 AM
Man, I saw Bill Engvall live last spring!! Him'n those guys r funny!!! Wanted to see Ron White when he came to town, but that was when we moved. Sometimes I think I'm the only one in Michigan that gets the Blue Collar show, guess I'm just a transplanted redneck!!!
Well.......You are from Alabama............
Old 1/20/05, 06:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Shannon Posted on January 19, 2005, 11:25 PM
I got one for ya...I stopped to get gas on my way home from work just now and while inside paying the cashier had a friend up there (its a small town, not a lot to do) The cashier knows me and my car. His friend says "Can I ask you a question?" Sure, I said. This guy says "I have a bet going, is that a '67 Shelby?" The cashier and I look at each other, look out at my car, and we're both just kinda confused. I said "Uhhhh not that I wouldn't mind having it, but I hope not, because I paid for a 2005 Mustang." The guy hung his head and said he just lost .

An old guy asked me if my car was a 1970 Mustang. When I explained it to him, he still did not believe it. He thought I was kidding him.