2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who got a great deal and where?!

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/06 | 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, walk away from that dealer, ASAP!!!

I got an 06 GT premium Vert w/ fanblades for just around $32K with X-plan from a dealer 200 miles away, you, shouldn't pay that for a coupe just cause it's local! Best thing to do is order from someone honorable and have it drop shipped to them so you can wave at them as you drive away in their lost sale!!!

-Darth
Old 8/3/06 | 09:37 PM
Cobra R Member

My GT/CS total base and options came to 37,XXX, got it for 34,XXX, no haggle take it or leave it price, played around on an order site, think ford has raised prices, but same options came out to over 38,XXX. Sales Mgr is an old boss of mine, told him to shoot me the best deal. See below for options.
Old 8/3/06 | 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

See my problem is im trading my car in. I think that's we're they're going to nail me if I use the x-plan. The trade in for it on kbb is just about what I have left to pay off on it.
Old 8/4/06 | 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Well.... if you get your payoff... I guess you're not takin' a step backwards, right? Do you guys have Carmax there? They might give you a little more than the dealer. There's nowhere else for them to screw you on the backside... 'cause they're not trying to seel you another car.
Don't be too hasty... just take your time and find a deal. It's when you rush into one dealer, and a month later, find that you took a bath 'casue the dealer in the next town woulda gave it to you for thousands less...
Old 8/4/06 | 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

You are right. If I get squared away with my trade in and payoff and get to $0 I'll be in the right direction. But if I say that I have x-plan AND a trade in. I'm worried they'll be like oh really?? Ok let me apraise your car, guess what we'll give you X amount for it and you still owe $3000 to pay it off. SURPRISE!
Old 8/4/06 | 11:28 AM
GT Member

2007 V6 - $21,460 dealer invoice.
Old 8/4/06 | 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Question, what is the x-plan price discount about? My friend got his x-plan discount for $3000 off MSRP.
Old 8/4/06 | 06:22 PM

You don't really need the X-plan to get invoice. I ordered my 06 GT vert for about 100 under invoice. Get the invoice and subtract any incentives. Call the 4-5 closest Ford dealers to you and talk to the internet sales manager. Get them in a bidding war. Get real offers and play them off each other or just create a fake one and tell them you've been offered 500 above invoice and will buy from anyone who can do invoice or under. You'll get one to bite without even having to walk into a dealership.

As for your trade-in, screw them. Don't even talk about it until the deal for the new one is locked in. If they won't give you a reasonable deal walk and sell it private party. Hell, even if they do give you a reasonable deal a fair dealer trade-in is still a crappy price.

They tried to low ball me on my 2000 6cyl vert, offered me 4k. I sold it for 6200 in 48 hours after placing the add. Looking back I let it go for way too little as the response to the add was overwhelming.
Old 8/7/06 | 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I went to the dealer and after all the options I wanted for the GT Prem Coupe, the Invoice he gave me with Xplan was $27800. I said, that's strange because on the Ford website after I built it the Invoice was $27449. So then he went to ask his boss if he could do the xplan and he could and he said it would be around $27449 minus $100.

I also told him of my trade in. I hope they dont screw me with that. So my goal is to find a dealer that will get me the most under invoice, and will get me to trade my car in and it even out at $0 with what I owe.

Now to find a place to get the loan that is better than 5.9% apr....
Old 8/7/06 | 04:11 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

One thing you need to know about x-plan is the dealer isn't allowed to charge you the extra fees like the doc (documnet) fee. They CAN charge the FDAF advertising fee though.

That $351 difference was probably their doc fee. Some are as little as $20 and some as much as $650.
Old 8/8/06 | 07:43 AM
V6 Member

I just ordered my 07 GT 5SP deluxe with IUP, 18" polished wheels/locks, 3.55 gears and active anti theft out the door for 26800
Old 8/8/06 | 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

KBB is a good resource for estimating trade-in, but don't expect to get that for it. Every dealership I've dealt with would not give me KBB value on trade-in even though I printed it out and showed it to them. They use a different book, can't remember the name. Of course it's lower than KBB! There is some wiggle room on negotiating the trade-in price, but not a lot.

If anyone is in the DFW TX area, I highly recommend Donny at Randall Noe in Terrell (15 miles east of Dallas). First price he quoted me was 100 bucks under invoice, no negotiating and no x-plan required. He was great to deal with, he's real down-to-earth.
Old 8/8/06 | 09:13 PM

They use the NADA black blook as opposed to the one we use which is typically referred to as the Blue Book. (as in blue book value)
Old 8/9/06 | 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
They use the NADA black blook as opposed to the one we use which is typically referred to as the Blue Book. (as in blue book value)
Yes, that's it! Thanks!
Old 8/9/06 | 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordFun
Are you telling me if you walk on those Jersey lots and say:
"Invoice, right now, I'm buying" they will let you walk away?
Some will. Less than a month ago, I tried to get an 07 GT/CS for MSRP from a dealer in central PA. They had it marked up $3k and would not budge - not even for A/X/Z plans. I ended up ordering a GT from another dealer for Z-plan (my father-in law is a retired Ford employee).
Old 8/10/06 | 05:12 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Cass County Ford in Logansport, In.

Well I can't say enough about Jim, John and the rest of the boys at Cass County ford. What a wonderful place to buy a Mustang from. I found the car on their Web page and e-mail them at 4am in the morning, by 8:30 Jim had e-mail me back and say yes that they would accept my x-plan for their Black GT/CS. They are 70 miles away from me and I passed probably 20 other Ford dealers to get to them. The car was MSRP at 30,525 and was out the door at 28,307 minus 1% that my Credit Union gave me on a Loan promotion for a total of 28023.93, that's 2501.01 off on a GT/CS. I talked to Jim the owner who told me they love to deal in mustangs and Trucks and He had proably another 10 to 15 Mustangs on site. They do alot of striping on their lighter colors and they did have a GT Hertiage on the show room floor that was sold at 179,000 and will be gone this Friday. They even help me load the mustang on my trailer and loaded me up with hats, cups and a nice golf shirt. The whole transaction even with the road trip was less than half a day.
The only slip up as I didn't realize till I got home that they didn't give me a paper plate. No problem a phone call and they are FedEx'ing me one in the morning...these guys are the greatest . Here are some pictures I took on their lot yesterday.
Attachment 6884Attachment 6886Attachment 6887Attachment 6888

Again thanks to Jim and all the guys at Cass County Ford dly
Attached Thumbnails Who got a great deal and where?!-black-mustang2-003.jpg   Who got a great deal and where?!-black-mustang2-004.jpg   Who got a great deal and where?!-black-mustang2-005.jpg   Who got a great deal and where?!-black-mustang2-006.jpg   Who got a great deal and where?!-black-mustang2-013.jpg  

Old 8/10/06 | 05:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

can you please post a link to Cass County ford? thank-you
Old 8/10/06 | 06:29 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

http://www.casscountyford.com/pages/...0&content=edit
Old 8/10/06 | 07:18 AM

Sounds like those guys need to give nationwide training on how to be a Ford dealership.
Old 8/10/06 | 08:25 AM
V6 Member

X-plan and Trade-ins

Originally Posted by viiStang
I went to the dealer and after all the options I wanted for the GT Prem Coupe, the Invoice he gave me with Xplan was $27800. I said, that's strange because on the Ford website after I built it the Invoice was $27449. So then he went to ask his boss if he could do the xplan and he could and he said it would be around $27449 minus $100.

I also told him of my trade in. I hope they dont screw me with that. So my goal is to find a dealer that will get me the most under invoice, and will get me to trade my car in and it even out at $0 with what I owe.

Now to find a place to get the loan that is better than 5.9% apr....
viiStang: I'm in Central Jersey too (Morris County). What dealer are you working with? I've been working with Family Ford in Netcong NJ and they have been good so far on trade and X-plan. I'm about to order a GT Premium vert with 5sp; they will take X-plan (most Ford dealers in my area will not honor Plan pricing on 5sp models). They also gave me a good offer from the outset for my trade -- Edmunds, KBB, and others value it in the $14-17K range and they offered me $16K. They are small so I'm a little concerned about how quickly they'll get the car but they told me about 8 weeks.

Keep in mind that you get a sales tax benefit in NJ when you trade in. The sales tax is calculated on the net between the new car purchase price and the trade-in of the old car. In my case I'm looking at around $32K for the new one so I'll only pay tax on the difference (32k less 16k trade equals 16k net, times 7% equals $1120). If I were to sell the car myself I'd have to pay tax on the whole $32K, or about $1100 more. If your car still has decent value the sales tax savings could be significant. Also, by trading you can transfer your current registration to the new car for a small fee (my dealer said about $25) and the registration is valid until the original expiration date. That saves about $250 for me because I bought my car right after McGreevey pushed through the 4-year registration (Nov-04) which costs you $250-300 when you first register.

Finally -- Warnock Ford in Morristown also honors Xplan on all models. They have a leftover 06 GT vert, 5sp, yellow with black top, black interior if that suits anyone. It is a Demo but I don't know how many miles are on it. The sales guy said they will give a "great deal" on it but I didn't pursue as I'm not interested in yellow.

Good Luck ----

Quick Reply: Who got a great deal and where?!