2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Where is my car. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/04, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is my car...actually I dont even have a darn vin number. I am starting to wonder if my car is even ordered. My dealer said they have no vin number and customer care will not even tell me if it is in production, ordered or anything. If anyone at all that works at ford that has access...could you please contact me and let me know if I even have a stupid fu***** order. I ordered back in the middle of September and still do not have SH**! Any help would be greatly appreciated or tell customer care to do something besides saying I can not do that. :bang:
Old 10/29/04, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did you put down a deposit? If not find another dealer. If you have demand it back unless they can prove that they ordered your vehicle. My salesman had a printout of my order form the day after I ordered.

Jason
Old 10/29/04, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Be patient, I know how you feel. I ordered on 09/21 and I got the VIN and build date today.
Have your dealer send you the DORA so you can confirm your order. Wait till the next week and hopefully you will have some info. The Customer service people are not a great help till you get your VIN, so be patient and check your DORA that should cool you down a little and know if the dealer actually placed your order
Old 10/29/04, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

If you do not have a vin # then you do not have an order.. It's that simple. GT Mustangs have been limited production so far. If your dealer can not give you your vin since September you need to go to a different dealer that can prove they can get you a car. Unless your dealer told you it would take this long for them to process your order.
Ford's customer service has no control over factory order. You are waisting your time calling them.
Old 10/29/04, 08:18 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Delt, take a couple deep breaths. I ordered mine on 9/23. I just today got my VIN. My build date isnt until 11/22. There are people here who ordered in June who dont have VINs or build dates. Its all dependant on your dealers allocations, and the amount of pre-orders they have. I went with my dealer cuz they are the only ones not marking up, and they are accepting plans.

You SHOULD have your DORA however. Thats the paper that tells you what you ordered, the cost, your dealer info, etc.
Old 10/29/04, 08:20 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

BEK, I actually think your not correct in stating that without a VIN there is no order. I have had a confirmed order for the last 4 weeks, and just today got my VIN. As I told Delt, there are people who ordered in June who dont have VINs.
Old 10/29/04, 08:33 PM
GT Member

Ok sorry to be stupid but what is a DORA? I have a Signed Special Vehicle Agreement that just states what deposit I put down and what type of car I ordered. It also has the Salesperson's name That is all.
Old 10/29/04, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@October 29, 2004, 10:23 PM
BEK, I actually think your not correct in stating that without a VIN there is no order. I have had a confirmed order for the last 4 weeks, and just today got my VIN. As I told Delt, there are people who ordered in June who dont have VINs.
Maybe I was not clear. You can go to a dealer and "order" a car. But let me assure you, that the "order" means nothing until Ford pulls it and "submits" it for production. It is immediately given a vin # when Ford pulls the order. I have had stock orders in my order bank for a year that never get built. Ford eventually just deletes them. If your car was just given a vin #, then it has only just become a car in Ford's system.
Old 10/29/04, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

BEK355 ~ No offense but Jessica is right. Just because you have no vin does not mean that you have no order. I ordered 9/22 & still have no vin. Yet it is in Ford's system as clean, unscheduled.

As long as you have an order number you have an order it's just not been pulled by Ford yet & scheduled.

Travis ~ Dude chill. I'm in the same boat as far as no vin. My car was supossed to be expodited & moved ahead because my order is to replace a lemon. So, Ford agreeded to trade it in for a new one. So, I ordered on Wed, the dealer got the order number on Mon & called Ford with the order number to expodite the order. As I stated above, it's still clean, unscheduled. So, I guess even when it cost Ford money they get in NO hurry.

So, dude chill. Have patience grasshopper. Patience.
Old 10/29/04, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry for the double post.

Travis ~ Anotherthing you may waht to do is deal with the General Manager of the dealership. If you haven't already, that is. I was dealing with a salesman & all he could tell me was he hadn't heard anything. So, I started calling the General Manager every week, once a week, & he checks the status while I am on the phone.

Good luck
Old 10/29/04, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I really don't want to argue with anyone, but I do want to help insure correct info is provided. I do not say this for any reason but to clarify that what I have, and will say, is correct. I am the General Sales Manager at a large Ford dealer and have personally managed our order bank for many years. I deal with the Ford ordering system every day.
Maybe we are saying the same thing, or just confusion over semantics. But let me try to state this very plainly. UNTIL FORD ISSUES A VIN # YOUR "ORDER" IS JUST SITTING IN THE DEALERS ORDER BANK AND WILL NEVER GET MADE INTO A CAR.
If you want to call that an order, then fine. But it is not going to be a MUSTANG until Ford pulls it for production.
Kera, that is why your "order" is in status "clean-UNSCHEDULED". NOT SCHEDULED TO BE BUILT. NOT A CAR ORDER.
I am trying to make sure that people who do not have vin#s understand the true nature of their status.
I hope this provides some help.
Old 10/29/04, 09:24 PM
Cobra Member

kerafaith-BEK was right. period. end of story. His original post was unclear, but he clarified it. Since his clarification earlier in the thread, you are WRONG, he is RIGHT.

Have a nice day.
Old 10/29/04, 09:30 PM

Hey, I ordered in June, built 9/20, and still waiting. I actually got a call today saying that my car has been sitting at the railhead for the last 3 days, just waiting to be put on a car carrier and sent over to my dealer. So...get comfortable and don't expect it next week. If you do expect it soon, you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment. Patience Patience Patience
Old 10/29/04, 09:41 PM

Be patient. I went to my dealer back in may, order placed in June, just got a VIN yesterday, scheduled build 11/15, del date unknown (est 1st week December)
Old 10/29/04, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@October 29, 2004, 9:27 PM
kerafaith-BEK was right. period. end of story. His original post was unclear, but he clarified it. Since his clarification earlier in the thread, you are WRONG, he is RIGHT.

Have a nice day.
dude chill. I had already started replying before he posted his clarification. I had had to stop & do somethings before I was able to finish & actually hit reply. My bad. I was just calling it the way I saw it. No need to flame it.

Besides. At this point I DON'T CARE who is RIGHT & who is WRONG. I JUST WANT MY darn CAR!!!!!! Also at this point I think that EVERYONE is RIGHT & WRONG. Maybe we are all RIGHT to a fault & WRONG to a fault. Who the freaking heck knows anymore. I don't & I don't think that anyone else does either.

Besides I when you order from the dealer & they pull it up a week later & it says "submitted to plant" & then another week later it says "clean, unscheduled" then something/someone at the Ford plant HAD to check the order to declare it clean, unscheduled. So, THAT to me says that Ford HAS the order & they just have NOT pulled it yet. Raither they actually build it or not is another story. There is NOTHING you or I or anyone else out here can do about that. But WE DO have an order if with no one else than with the dealer who is suppossed to be in contact with the Ford plant.

So SOMEONE SOMEWHERE HAS the order, they've just been sitting on it for a freaking month.

Sorry. I just really needed to get that off my chest. Laters.
Old 10/29/04, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

BEK355- If it is NOT an "ORDER" then please, please, oh please tell me 1 thing. WHY is it sitting in something called an "ORDER BANK"?

I am not trying to be rude here. I just wanna understand this & so far I still am NOT getting it. If it's in an "order bank" it therefore SHOULD be an "order". Just my view.

You know as someone else stated, Ford should get it in gear & start letting US order from the website & then they can deliver it to OUR doorstep. Because no offense to any car dealers on here. But I have never liked car dealers. They are like sharks. Especially when you are a young, female. They see you coming & think "oh, fresh meat, she doesn't know anything. I am about to make some major money here."

Well, newsfalsh to those out there like that. Most of the "fresh meat" know more than you do about the car they are looking for.

Again Sorry but I just had to get that off my chest.
Cheers mates
Old 10/29/04, 10:37 PM
Cobra Member

BEK355- If it is NOT an "ORDER" then please, please, oh please tell me 1 thing. WHY is it sitting in something called an "ORDER BANK"?

I am not trying to be rude here. I just wanna understand this & so far I still am NOT getting it. If it's in an "order bank" it therefore SHOULD be an "order". Just my view.
Because when you put an "order" in the "order bank" it is just in the dealer system. Ford hasn't pulled it for scheduling, and until they do assign it, the order is nothing.

Just to get it clear, I wasn't trying to be rude, just blunt. BEK is a salesmanager and throughout the months has proven his info 100% reliable. I don't question him and he knows what he is talking about.

I guess the difference lies in what you two think is an order.

Under your rule it is when the dealer puts it into the dealer's system.

Under his rule it is when Ford actually recognizes that it could build that car and recognizes it for the first time.
Old 10/29/04, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Ok people we are going a whole differnt way. I just want to make sure I even have a order placed. I dont have a vin at all. I really dont care as much when it comes I just want to make sure I have one. Obviously I want the car but I am patient as long as I know I am not getting screwed
Old 10/29/04, 10:51 PM
Cobra Member

Call and ask for your DORA.

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

If they don't have it, talk to them and get what is really going on.
Old 10/29/04, 10:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Just to get it clear, I wasn't trying to be rude, just blunt. BEK is a salesmanager and throughout the months has proven his info 100% reliable. I don't question him and he knows what he is talking about. "

Badandy. I am sorry. I did not know he is a salemanager at a ford dealership. I have probably read his posts before where it stated that & just didn't realize it tonight. Sorry. I am just trying to understand why I & others who ordered before me can't even get a vin when ppl who ordered after I did already have their car.

And like you said. It seems like it's all about how we each precieve an "order" as being an "order". I am just really frustrated right now & was venting it out on you guys. Sorry about that.

But also like I staated eariler, when I started replying he had not posted again to clear up his 1st post. So therefore when I hit reply his post was not on my screen. If it had been I probably would have never posted to begin with.

I just wish that Ford would pick it all up & start running. They currently have several frustrated customers out here. Anyway. Good luck with you cars everybody. Laters

Quick Reply: Where is my car. Help.