2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

when to jump ship

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/04, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 12, 2004, 1:01 AM
MikeMcRann,

Your dealers are lying through thier stinking teeth. I got my 05 GT at XPlan, and I know SEVERAL others here in Cali who did as well.

If you dont mind about an hour and a half drive, go and see my sales guy, his name is Daniel Hernandez, and he is the Fleet Manager at Santa Margarita Ford in Rancho Santa Margarita. He will HAPPILY sell you a Stang at XPlan. They actually might have a GT or two at this point as well. I do know that its the only dealership in OC that is not marking up over MSRP.
All I can tell you is what dealers have told me in regard to selling the 05 Mustang at X-Plan. I had two tell me that they would be happy to sell me a Mustang at X-Plan if I ordered the car, but not on inventory cars.
I went to a dealer close to where I live and ordered my car on 10/20.

At least two other dealers told me that they can't accept X-Plan on the Mustang.
Even the employees can't get one using a plan.

Since my car was on a delay for so long I did a search on Ford Direct and found a car close to what I ordered (it was a manual with no IUP) at a dealer close to where I work so I decided to look at the car.
When I got to the dealer they didn't have the car yet, but I thought I'd look at what they had on the lot.

The first thing I saw on the cars was a $5000 market adjustment, so I started to leave and on the way out I told a salesman that I'm not paying $5000 over MSRP, and that I have one on order at X-Plan, and of course they said I was wrong, but they said they would check with their general manager about accepting X-Plan, and the guy didn't have the courtesy to come out and talk to me...he yelled "NO, I'm not accepting ANY PLANS on the Mustang GT"

So when I finally get my car I plan to stop by that dealer with my paperwork and show them that dealers ARE accepting X-Plan.
Old 12/15/04, 06:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys I decided to jump ship. I origianally had a car ordered at X-Plan $500 down. I decided to buy one off the lot with 90 miles on it. It was exactly what I wanted minus the security and airbags.

I bought my new car from a different dealer and got my deposit back from the original.

I had the dealer trade their current GT for the one I want and they sold it to me at X-plan. I pick the beauty up Saturday, They are fixing a figernail sized scratch for me right now.
Old 12/16/04, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all who are ordering cars, you should ask the dealer what his alotment is and how many he has ordered ahead of you before you place your order. The dealer will know exactly how long it will take to get your car built as long as there are no delays. If a dealer has other cars ahead of you ie...fivehundreds F-150's and other fords then the priority of your car might be high. He might not want to tell you this especially if you are going to hand over 500-1000 cash right now. I would tell them that you want your car in 6-8 weeks and see what he says. There are people here in the midwest that are getting there cars in 7 weeks as long as there are no delays or holds. It will take a little longer to ship it by rail to the east or west coast too. My advice is to use the information you get here on Brads site as leverage to get the dealer to be up front with you about ordering a car. Shop around for a dealer who might be in a better position to get you what you want, when you want it. Just a little what I learned as I ordered and waited for mine.
Good luck everyone! I love my car and you will too!