2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Whats wrong with people these days?

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/07, 07:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluekai
Fortunately in CA we have the "Good Samaratin Law" - immunity from lawsuit - so if you stop to help someone in obvious distress and what you do, with what you know, to help them doesn't work out (they die or whatever), it's not on you. But still, at least someone can just ask can I call someone for you!! That'll slow your commute by 1.5 minutes. Man...
In this day and age, it doesn't hardly matter what law is on the books. He with the most money wins, period. I can't even tell you how many times I've been involved with a dispute that is CLEARLY spelled out in a contract. If the contract isn't thrown out altogether (on a whim) the minutia can be open to interpretation. Judges essentially have free will to make any decision they see fit without justification. Just look at all of the cases that go through the system that are overturned later. Just keep shopping around until you find a court that is sympathetic to your cause (or wallet) and get the decision you want. It's all about money - period.
Old 4/15/07, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DavidM
Three words: LAW SUIT REFORM!
I know most people including me are sick and tired of the way law suits have distorted the way most of us think and so much so that you can't live your life without having to worry about being sued for this that or the other. I hate to say it but one must get involved politically to make a change. Most states have new legislation being written for the lawsuit reform. Get involved. Contact your congressman or at the very least VOTE!! It's the only way to reverse the BS that is so previlant in todays society. In Oklahoma there are just as many "bad" people as in Cali. and it' getting worse everyday. Used to be very friendly, hardly any crime and now it's just the opposite. Tulsa imparticular has seen the murder rate more than double in the last five years as well as a massive spike in violent crime. But you must make the decision to get involved. I carry a concealed weapon with a license to do so and have made the decision that I will interject myself into a dangerous situation if it means helping someone else that may be in danger. I guess what I'm saying is you can't rely on the Gov't, police, ems, and so forth to take care of everything. You have to take matters into your own hands from time to time to ensure a certian way of life for you and generations to come. At this rate it scares the crap out of me to think how degraded society will be when my children are grown. It should scare all of us.
AMEN to that

Richard
Old 4/15/07, 10:55 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
criminals are`nt affraid of the law these days .. average citizens are
Old 4/15/07, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

In this Province this is not a problem. people are routinely assisted, whether
Stuck or Hurt. Routinely means Always.

One fact: the Judge in a Case can award Costs to people sued in a Frivolous Law Suit.
Old 4/15/07, 12:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by zaghloul
This would never ever ever ever happen in Canada. I'm sorry for your cousin's husband and hope he's alright now.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Sure, all Canucks, especially the French Canadiens, are known for their good manners.

Hopefully the rider recovers fully..... Its the people that say "its not my problem" or "its not my fault" are the ones to blame for not helping, not calling, and/or sueing someone innocent.
Old 4/15/07, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005mach1
Sorry if i offended you MRKABC about your family, but the law states "if you unqualified to help" Then qualifiy to use that Cell phone in your pocket, Can you do that?
I was that guy on the motorcycle, TWICE, i was hit by other motorist, with my hand ripped open and my thumb torn off. Watching motorist pass by! After being hit from behind because someone wasnt paying attention and hit me while I sitting still.
Maybe if someone would have called, stopped, helped....
They did stop, they did help, they did wait till the amulance showed up and help save my hand and thumb. I couldnt have gotten back up and road home. Thanks to all those who will help when you see an accident, and not just keep going. Use your phone if its not to much trouble!
UNQUALIFIED TO HELP - THEN QUALIFY YOURSELF TO USE YOUR CELL PHONE!!!! Couldn't have been said any better.

And as for the Good Samaratin law (and "common sense" would dictate), you can only do what you are trained and KNOW HOW to do. If you don't know CPR, you don't start hammering on some poor guys chest screaming "NO! YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME!!!" But if the guy is laying in the middle of the road with on coming traffic...uh...move him. Any injury that moving him would cause is A LOT LESS than the injury that will come from a 6 ton truck that might decide to use him as a speed bump. Then call someone (as long as you're qualified to use your cell phone) who MIGHT be qualified to help him out...usually 911 will work.
Old 4/15/07, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bluekai
If you don't know CPR, you don't start hammering on some poor guys chest screaming "NO! YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME!!!"
And if you call 911, they will talk you through CPR. Now you ARE qualified! (well, at least as far as protecting yourself with the good samaritan laws)