2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What's the most lame complaint you've heard?

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/05, 10:57 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@March 29, 2005, 10:50 PM
Personally I hate the complaints of the lack of fake scoops.
Amen! :worship:

And that no one complains that every Toyota uses the same door handles
I snipped that quote for a reason. I swear that my door handles on my Mustang are identicle to the door handles on my Honda Pilot
Old 3/29/05, 11:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SixtySix+March 30, 2005, 1:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SixtySix @ March 30, 2005, 1:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@March 29, 2005, 10:50 PM
Personally I hate the complaints of the lack of fake scoops.
Amen! :worship:

And that no one complains that every Toyota uses the same door handles
I snipped that quote for a reason. I swear that my door handles on my Mustang are identicle to the door handles on my Honda Pilot
[/b][/quote]

Ford is begining to use the same switch gear and handles company wide in the cars, which makes good sense finally. But at least its NEW....I took an 04 highlander in yesterday and everything is IDENTICAL to my 1992 camry, steering wheel, stalks, handles, switches, pins, belt buckles, all of it. It just shows they truly do not really invest much in development, yet never offer rebates and keep raising products price points. Some american companies like FoMoCo and DCX make so much more effort with so little praise. The simple fact of the sheer effort made to the interiors of the F-150/Navigator/and Expedition being so different is amazing, considering a 3rd of development costs goes into the dashboard alone. Look at titan/armada and tundra/sequoia-there is as minimum an effort as GM's pathetic dinasaur Silverado/Escalade 'transformation'. Not to say Ford was just as guilty durring the Nasser years and the last gen F-series. They were as awful as any GM. Freestyle/500 and F-150/Expedition is amazing how little is shared, they could of gotten away with much, much less work. And with the lopsided press, they said the 500 interior was 'hard' when in fact every single door panel, dash, AND console is all cushioned flexible plastic. WTF?? I actually thought they used soft plastics in every import. NEWS FLASH the new accord, camry, highlander, etc all use rock hard plastics except on the armrests. They actually build them cheaper then 5 years ago, go figure.

Oh, and thats a good note about the handles, I could swear I saw them on a VW or something too recently. Just like you see the same auto-dimming mirrors or homelink setups in every car that has them, they may simply source them somewhere. :scratch:
Old 3/29/05, 11:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Although it has gotten much better(the frequency of insults), I hate the complaints about V6 models. I have driven quite a few of them over time and now quite a few Verts. I actually have become a big fan of the V6 as its own little entity. Its an entirely different, very pleasant car. I took a V6 loaded 'vert to lunch today, I really, really liked it. Enough so that I would consider buying one for myself as a daily driver. Its peppy enough and super smooth and low-stress to drive. The GT's make me feel like 'i need to do this and this and this and mod this' every minute I drive it. The V6 just cruises nicely, and just is super relaxing and fun to drive, in some ways more so then the GT.
Old 3/30/05, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+March 29, 2005, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grantsdale @ March 29, 2005, 11:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AJC@March 29, 2005, 11:31 PM
WAAAAAA :cry:

QUICK - Someone lock this thread up before a precious opinion is laughed at and a feeling gets hurt....

OOo I agree with that - the front dimples for the license plate are lAmE!
Actually I agree, there should be some sort of frame so you aren't drilling into the bumper.

Its not the idea of an opinion gettin laughed at, its the fact that you and anyone else can do whatever they want with their own car, and no one should post saying that it is a lame complaint. I'm sure we can all agree with that. Well, all of us except for one person.
[/b][/quote]

Why? IN my opinion it is a lame complaint and I am entitled to my opinion. There are degrees of complaints. There are serious complaints and yes, there are lame complaints, and then there are complaints that fall in between. I'm sure we can all agree with that, except you. A hood flying off is serious, not being able to put gas in is serious, wanting to mod a parking brake, not real serious! But as you misquoted me, I never said he couldn't do it, I just said it was a lame, very picky comment. If you disagree, fine, if others disagree, fine, but I personally think it is lame. He can paint flowers on it if he wants, he can chrome it if he wants, I never said he couldn't but you've misquoted me numerous times saying I did. Personally, I feel people mod too much and end up ruining vehicles, not improving them, I've seen some pretty silly things. Again, my opinion which I'm free to have in this country. I wouldn't have had to post it so much if you wouldn't have misquoted me in the first place! But you never understood it! You like to stir up trouble, that's no secret.
Old 3/30/05, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, this is silly, but whats with all the duct tape in the engine compartment? I thought it was weird in the 'Stang, but in hubby's new F-150 there is like 10 rolls in there! Is this a Ford thing?
Old 3/30/05, 07:59 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@March 30, 2005, 12:03 PM
Ok, this is silly, but whats with all the duct tape in the engine compartment? I thought it was weird in the 'Stang, but in hubby's new F-150 there is like 10 rolls in there! Is this a Ford thing?

weird I havent noticed any duct tape... I guess I'll have to take a even closer look...
Old 3/30/05, 08:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Duct Tape Will Fix Anything ? I guess if it was duct tape and not the shinny heat delector stuff maybe something was broken ?
Old 3/30/05, 08:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah... the engine compartment as a whole isn't the prettiest thing in the world.

But I don't really mind all that much as long as it keeps churning out the HP

Hopefully Ford will start making the concept-style engine covers at some point. I'm sure they'd sell a ton of them.
Old 3/30/05, 08:04 PM
FR500 Member

The only insult I've gotten... if you can call it that... was a guy told me that he loves the new '05, but he's seen too many of them on the road. I asked him how many GT's he'd seen? He said he thought mine was the only one. There are maybe 3 GT's in my city, including mine, but about 25 V6's. Then, I asked how many Mineral Grey GT's has he seen with black Shelby stripes? Ummm, none. Made him feel kinda stupid.
Old 3/31/05, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I looked again. Maybe it isn't duct tape exactly but some sort of black electrical tape.
Old 3/31/05, 06:11 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I dont know - I find the engine darn pretty... I get all tingly excited looking at it , just Like I do when I look at the car as a whole! :w00t:
Old 3/31/05, 06:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My lame complaint-

Whenever I see a GTO...they always get next to me and give me a look like "Yeah, our cars are cool and stylish and equal" when in realty his car looks like my grandmas; and I do everything I can to switch lanes and get away from that POS, just in case the ugly stick that beats his car comes after mine.

Oh wait...thats not a lame complaint.....thats just a fact.
Old 3/31/05, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I hardly ever see a GTO. People are buying them?
Old 3/31/05, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Well my boyfriend complains about the lack of an "oh pooh" handle which i think is pretty darn lame considering i'm a GOOD DRIVER DARNIT! oh and no vanity lights! ( i guess that ones a girl thing) but no REAL complaints!
Old 4/1/05, 06:57 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by kcrw898@March 31, 2005, 10:03 PM
I hardly ever see a GTO. People are buying them?

I saw one on the road LAST YEAR. But I have seen them on dealer's lots.....a bunch of them that have been sitting there for months.

Lamest nit pic I've heard was from a ricer who said the steering wheel was too big in the Mustang. I took a look in his civic and he had one of the teeny, tiny sterring wheels that tried to look like it was made out of chain link. I told him...."you have to turn that thing 15 times just to make a right hand turn".
Old 4/1/05, 07:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I guess my only "semi-lame" complaint is with the hard plastic on the top of each door panel, right where I rest my elbow when driving. Kinda hurts. A softer touch material there would have been appreciated.
Old 4/1/05, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have 3 complaints 1 can easily be fixed though:

No interior trunk release.

The cup holders are right where I rest my arm on the center console. I have my morning coffee cups there every morning and can't rest my arm.

I hate the throttle by wire. :notnice: But at least this can be corrected.