2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is your highest speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/07, 12:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is your highest speeding ticket?

I got pulled over doing 103 but the cop wrote it down to 85 in a 75. Lucky!
Old 7/11/07, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

91 in a 60. Dismissed.

I have gone by a cop doing 120+ however.
Old 7/11/07, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

136mph in a 75 zone. Luckily I got off because the cop couldn't speak English. Most of the highways here are limitless like the autobahn but this one wasn't. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62008
Old 7/11/07, 12:45 PM

32 in a 25...pre stang, on base :nono:
Old 7/11/07, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

Oh boy. You might be opening a can of worm's with this one. Especially after reading the tint section.

It will be Law enforcement vs Civilian's again and how speeding is illegal and blah blah blah. Speeding is a safety issue that should be reserved for the track. Civilian's are the only one's doing and the law enforcment never break's such law's when off duty............

BTW only ticket I got was 56 in a 55 xmas morning(yes he actually wrote that). It was dismissed by the judge after a chuckle.
Old 7/11/07, 12:53 PM
GT Member

60 in a 35. It was before I got my stang...in a Jeep Grand Cherokee no less...
Old 7/11/07, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rookie2332
Oh boy. You might be opening a can of worm's with this one. Especially after reading the tint section.

It will be Law enforcement vs Civilian's again and how speeding is illegal and blah blah blah. Speeding is a safety issue that should be reserved for the track. Civilian's are the only one's doing and the law enforcment never break's such law's when off duty............

BTW only ticket I got was 56 in a 55 xmas morning(yes he actually wrote that). It was dismissed by the judge after a chuckle.
OH MY GOD !! That one takes the cake.
Old 7/11/07, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by zaghloul
OH MY GOD !! That one takes the cake.

Yeah guess he was not happy working at 6AM xmas morning. As well as I more than likely I p%$#ed him off with passing him because he was doing 50 mph in the right lane. What ever the case I was in complete surprise when he presented it to me. It was like are you kidding and he just turned around and went back to his car.

In the long run it wasn't so bad. My boss at the time gave me a free day off from work to go to court. So really was no inconvenience at all to me after only an hour lost in my day in the court room.
Old 7/11/07, 01:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Back when I was a "devil dog" ....I got pulled over for doing 65 in a 35. Luckily I was wearing my dress blues at the time and the cop just told me to slow down and let me go. Other than that occasion I've never been pulled over or recieved a ticket.
Old 7/11/07, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
89 in a 75... last 4th of July weekend... cost me almost $200... oh how I love Forsyth GA and the GA State Patrol there
Old 7/11/07, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Strickland
89 in a 75... last 4th of July weekend... cost me almost $200... oh how I love Forsyth GA and the GA State Patrol there
What a coincidence, my entire family is from Forsyth. Never been nabbed by the GA state patrol but there is plenty of time left.
Old 7/11/07, 02:03 PM
GT Member

90 in a 55 driving a '93 Tempo. The cop pulls me over, asks me to step out of the car and walks me back to the squad car as another officer pulls up. He shows me the radar gun as the cop that just pulled up laughed and said "I didn't think those cars went that fast". He was cool about it and wrote me up for 75.
Old 7/11/07, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
What a coincidence, my entire family is from Forsyth. Never been nabbed by the GA state patrol but there is plenty of time left.
State Patrol are all over the Forsyth GA stretch of I-75 thanks to it being where the speed limit drops to 65, and they has a training facility right there as well... though they aren't nearly as bad as Henry Co. cops.
Old 7/11/07, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Zero...nada
Old 7/11/07, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
Zero...nada
Great, now you jinxed it...
Old 7/11/07, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I got pulled back in early 1999 for doing 33 mph in a 35 mph...yes, you read that right. I was a scared, chickens**t 19 year old who had just got his driver's license. My first car was a 1988 Chevrolet Corsica. It was so broken, so weak, so run down that it had an estimated 0 - 60 time of appromixately 1 weekend. My dad and I often car pooled during this time because his job (back then) was in relative distance of mine so we would go to his job first in the morning to drop him off then I would take the back roads to my job. When I got off I would go to his job and wait for him to be done. In any case, I always took the back roads, because well I was a new driver and the Interstates just scared me at that time.

I was on the back road that I usually take, mindful of the speed limit (actually going under it...) and as a new driver I was monitoring everything because I was super nervous. I came up on this hill, where I saw a Richland County squad car sitting on the sidewalk of this side street that I was driving. I took a quick look down at my odometer to see if I was speeding and my odometer read "33 mph" so I thought I was safe. I went pass the officer and kept going down this hill, still maintaining the same speed. The next thing I knew, the same Richland County Squad car that I had passed earlier came barrelling on my bumper and at this point, my heart is racing like 200 mph or at least it felt like it. I kept my cool as best as I could and tried not to make any mistakes. A short time later, he turns his blue lights (and sirens) on me and I'm freaking out as I didn't know what I did wrong. I turned into this subdivision (where there were alot of people outside) and waited for the officer to come up to me. First question he asked me was "do you know why I pulled you over". I told him that I did not, and he said he pulled me for speeding and that he clocked me going 33 mph in a 30 mph zone. He then went on this spiel about the neighbors complaining of cars going 40, 50 and even 60 mph through the neighborhoods because they allowed their children to play in the streets (instead of their yards, like most kids do) and it wasn't safe to do so any more because of the speeders. I explained to the officer politely that I wasn't speeding and that I was obeying all the posted traffic signs. He then said some stuff to me to try to coax me into saying that I was speeding, then he went to his car. 35 minutes later he came back to me and handed me a ticket. He told me that he actually clocked me going 45 mph in a 30 mph zone (which is preposterous) and that he was only going to give me a warning if I had admitted the "truth" that I was speeding. He said that he was going to let me off "easy" with a ticket saying that I was going 33 mph in a 30 mph and that all I had to do was show up to court and pay a $50 ticket (this was before they changed the ticket prices in SC). I took my ticket and went on my way ticked off obviously.

I got to my dad's job and I was still upset and he asked what's wrong and I explained it to him. He asked how fast I was going and I told him then he told me that I wasn't speeding that the posted speed through the area I was travelling was 35 mph so I was going under the speed limit. That weekend I went back out to the area where I got pulled and indeed every posted mph sign (with the exception of the last one before you get to the main highway and traffic light, it reads 30 mph) reads 35 mph. I was in a 35 mph zone when I got pulled. I took pictures and had a friend record the drive as I went down the road to prove I wasn't speeding.

Well the time for the court appearance came around and I went in front of the judge and the judge asked me how do I plead and I told him not guilty, that I wasn't speeding and that the cop was lying (which may have been the wrong thing to blurt out, no matter how true it was). The judge had the cop plead his case first and he gave what I assume is the usual rhetoric that the suspect was travelling in the area that he was patrolling and that I was going at an excessive rate of speed and that when I came up on his car, I slowed my vehicle down significantly. So he decided to follow me to see if my driving would get more errantic then he pulled me for speeding. The judge then had me plead my case and I explained to him I was a new driver and as such I was very observant of the speed limit and afraid of violating the rules as I had recently got my license a couple months before. That I kept my eyes constantly on the odometer and that it didn't go above 35 mph in that community. I told the judge there's no way I could be speeding going 33 mph in a 35 mph zone. The judge then asked then asked the officer if the speed zone was 30 or 35 mph. The officer hesitated (as if he was trying to remember) and then stated 30 mph. To which I disputed and told the judge it was 35 mph. Unfortunately my pictures and videos I had taken I left behind at my house so any evidence I had to back me up was unavailable. This dispute went on for about 30 minutes in which at that time the cop incrediously wanted the ticket to be changed from a 33 mph in a 30 mph to a 44 mph in a 30 mph to which the judge didn't let that happen. He told the officer if I was going 44 mph in a 30 mph he should have wrote it down and that he can't change it now that he's in court. The judge said he would recess our case until 2 p.m. today and that he would personally drive out to the area and check it out. Came back at 2 p.m. and the Judge found me guilty and fined me $50 and 2 points off my license. In a bit of rage, I said bulls**t and my dad came up to the stand and literally threw me out of the courtroom before I got hit with contempt. I paid the fine on my way out and my dad saw the officer that ticketed me and tried talking to him. The officer tried avoiding my dad and even threated to arrest him if my dad didn't leave him alone. The only thing my dad wanted to know is why did he lie in court. We left but that same afternoon we went back to the road only to find that the posted speed limit signs had all been changed within a 24 hour time period (the last time I was on that road before court) to reflect 30 mph zone through out. I was ticked off but had no choice but to chalk it up to a learning experience. For the longest time I was soured on all cops because I was screwed. Didn't care if they got killed in the line of duty or not (I know it's wrong to think that way but I was young, angry, ticked at the fact I was screwed for obeying the law) and I swore that if I ever ran into that officer again I would give him a reason to ticket me. Needless to say I never saw him again, not even on the same street that I travelled to get to my dad's job.

Since then I'm obviously no longer nervous and have done my share of (legitimate) speeding and got pulled once since that incident in early 2003 by SC Highway Patrol. I was going 87 mph in a (then) 70 mph (reduced now to 60 mph) in my yellow 2003 Cavalier. Cop pulled me and asked me why he pulled me, I told him I was speeding and didn't deny it. He asked me if I had a good reason, I told him no and that the reason I was speeding was that my older brother and I were trying to catch a movie at the theatre before it started. 5 minutes later he came back, and gave me a warning for not using my turn signal, told my brother and I to enjoy the movie we were going to see, keep it within the speed limit and let me go. I was so shocked that I got out of my car and thanked the officer and went on my way.

Since then I haven't had a moving violation and hope to keep it that way. Matter of fact I hardly ever speed any more and keep in within the speed limit unless it's rush our traffic that I'm in where I don't have a choice. I occasionally open her up on the Interstate at night (when it's deserted) but that's it.
Old 7/11/07, 03:20 PM
GT Member

Holy Crap!

That is some response....wordy...hey!

Ah Georgia....the worst speeding ticket...4 lane divided road (Wade Green Road off of 75 near Kennesaw)....4 LANE, now....40 mph speed limit...I received a ticket for 51...and it was $250!!

So Barney Fife pulls me over and goes, "Yuck Yuck...I guess that radar de-tector don't work too good, huh?"...I wanted to say, "As a matter of fact..that 10 year old Valentine 1 works great there Deputy Dawg"...but I didn't.

Revenue...what revenue...they give all that money to the nuns for the orphans.....

2 more points....

1) I have notice the state troopers are now driving silver Chargers here.

2) If speeding is illegal why not level the playing field and just put a limiter on all vehicles at 65? It's the law to wear seat belts, and helmets (motorcycles of course), and you have to get emissions inspections,...why not just make it mandatory. I would do it.

Why...because there goes the money.

Flame on!
Old 7/11/07, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by keeper
That is some response....wordy...hey!
Sorry, I sometimes write too much when I'm rehashing past events.
Old 7/11/07, 03:28 PM
GT Member

Hey 06 Silver Bullit...

Does one more post put you into a new member category?
Old 7/11/07, 03:32 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
90mph in a 45 for me

185mph in a 55 for my friend

Quick Reply: What is your highest speeding ticket?