2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What I do when my wife is in labor…

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/07 | 08:35 PM

Talking What I do when my wife is in labor…

Yesterday I received my birthday present to myself:

- 1 C&L intake
- 3 tunes
- 2 GTA Mufflers

I spent the day installing it all but took a 2-hour break around 11 to take my wife in to labor and delivery. It ended up a false alarm so I was able to resume my garage time and finish the project.

The GTA’a were kind of a pain, I used the Corsa instructions, which said that removing the front brackets was not necessary, the instruction lied, you must remove both hangers. I am not happy with the alignment, tried but ran out of time. Sounds like something for tomorrow. Unless of course the baby arrives, but I’m sure I’ll be able to fit it in. (my wife proofread this).

The C&L is quality made, but the heat shield sucks, (if C&L is reading this, it needs a better OEM fit). I removed the old tube and air box, went to check the install instructions and my wife, she was not looking good, and said we need to go soon, I told her give me 3 minutes, to put the old parts back on, she said OK, I really love her very much.

Spent two hours at the hospital, just a false alarm, but I got to watch some football. (she is a bigger football nut than me)

Back to the intake;
Removed the old parts, installed the C&L, and it looks good. I did not use the zip ties - too tacky. If the part flies off then I will have issues, but I am not worried about that.

On to the tune, pretty straight forward, plug it in, push the button, wait 3-5 minutes, sweat a little, un-plug, and you’re done. I removed the negative cable for 30 seconds per the instruction, not sure if this was required though?!?

Check on the wife, she is fine…napping.

On to the test drive;
Holy crap, in second gear, from 3000 to 6000, set me back in my seat. Found a back road, decided to open it up, was running through the gears, I think I was shifting to fourth, look at the speedometer and was passing 100mph, hmmm, lets keep going 120 decided to back off. WOW.

If you are thinking of getting one, do it, do it now.

Jeff
Old 9/15/07 | 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

What to do when the wife is in labor? Hand her a screwdriver and put her to work.

I have the same CAI, and I love it. Get some thottle body cleaner, you will need it later.

Good for you!
Old 9/15/07 | 09:17 PM
NTTAWWT

^haha
Old 9/15/07 | 10:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I can't decide, a tune or a baby? Could you ask your wife for some advice. Single guy here, so might have to order or overnight a baby here
Old 9/16/07 | 12:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice story! I also want the same set up. Everytime I read about guys who love there CAI / tune I get so jealous. Working on it but I have twins on the way!
Old 9/16/07 | 07:45 AM
I lust for a M24

1st baby then, I assume? Then congrats. Good times ahead.
Old 9/16/07 | 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
1st baby then, I assume? Then congrats. Good times ahead.
No doubt, I have three myself. Enjoy fatherhood.
Old 9/16/07 | 11:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Aybody seen Jeff? I bet he is either in the garage or the delivery room this afternoon.
Old 9/16/07 | 02:52 PM
Cobra Member

Jeff, Good luck with the upcoming child,your life will change forever if this is your first! LOL
Reminds me when my wife went into labor with our 2nd. She let me know it was time, & I told her O.K., get your bag packed,let me know when you're ready. I went outside & was doing a little cleaning on the car,just minor wiping off, etc. Can't take the wife in to deliver in a dirty car, right? Next thing I know, she's yelling @ me from the upstairs window;'How can you be cleaning the car @ a time like this? GET UP HERE!,etc......few choice words thrown in there. So I quickly ran upstairs , got the bags & took her in. Our 2nd child,1st daughter was born about 2hrs later,plenty of time. Now, you have to understand that was my last Mustang before this one,it was a 70 Grabber Blue Boss 302. Daughter #2,2yrs later was when I had to sell that one. She still reminds me to this day of that one!
Although I always wish I could have kept that car, I have no regrets, my children have given me much more joy over the past 25yrs than any car ever will.
Old 9/16/07 | 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Jeff, Good luck with the upcoming child,your life will change forever if this is your first! LOL
Reminds me when my wife went into labor with our 2nd. She let me know it was time, & I told her O.K., get your bag packed,let me know when you're ready. I went outside & was doing a little cleaning on the car,just minor wiping off, etc. Can't take the wife in to deliver in a dirty car, right? Next thing I know, she's yelling @ me from the upstairs window;'How can you be cleaning the car @ a time like this? GET UP HERE!,etc......few choice words thrown in there. So I quickly ran upstairs , got the bags & took her in. Our 2nd child,1st daughter was born about 2hrs later,plenty of time. Now, you have to understand that was my last Mustang before this one,it was a 70 Grabber Blue Boss 302. Daughter #2,2yrs later was when I had to sell that one. She still reminds me to this day of that one!
Although I always wish I could have kept that car, I have no regrets, my children have given me much more joy over the past 25yrs than any car ever will.
Old 9/16/07 | 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

My wife will tell you..........I washed the the car first!

Then picked her up and spent 22 hrs. w/ her in labor. She cursed me for everything I was worth (You did this to me you summab****)

It was honorable and humbling occasion, I was able to bring my Cannon A1 (with motor drive) and have some fantastic shots and memeories of my child being born . Had a bottle of Dom and a Portofino when I returned home.

Best day of my life and this was 25 years ago.

Congrats!
Old 9/16/07 | 08:01 PM
I lust for a M24

Ha, my wife went to the gyno for a checkup... she called me saying the doctor made her go to the hospital because the baby's heartrate was way too low and they were worried about the baby... that was the first time I cried in a long time... I had never been so scared, or felt so lonely driving to meet her at the hospital. I get there and we're waiting for the doc, she comes in and runs some tests... my wife's having contractions !

A full 24+ hrs Dominic was born. A few days later after another scare we were finally home, and home free. All's good 9 months later.

Let's all be wishing the best for LurchII.
Old 9/16/07 | 08:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by citizen arcane
My wife will tell you..........I washed the the car first!

Then picked her up and spent 22 hrs. w/ her in labor. She cursed me for everything I was worth (You did this to me you summab****)

It was honorable and humbling occasion, I was able to bring my Cannon A1 (with motor drive) and have some fantastic shots and memeories of my child being born . Had a bottle of Dom and a Portofino when I returned home.

Best day of my life and this was 25 years ago.

Congrats!
I think they all say that crap about "you did this to me" bla bla bla.

"Yes honey, those screams of passion DURING was your way of saying STOP".

Old 9/16/07 | 09:03 PM

I know this is the 2005-2009 forum, but thanks for the well wishes.

This will be our 3rd… You would think I would be old hat, but the waiting is driving me nuts. She went into early labor two weeks ago, and the doc prescribed medication to stop the contractions; she has been off the meds for a week, the doctor is surprised she has not delivered, but I guess he is not ready to be introduced to the world, just yet.

Our second son was a funny story, she tells me at 9 pm on New Years Eve we need to go, long story but we ended up walking around the hospital parking lot for 3 hours. The doctor said it was up to her if she stayed, we figured the best thing was to go home and be comfortable. Next thing I know she is waking me at 5:30am saying we need to go, NOW. arrived at the hospital at 6:00 walk her up to the labor and delivery room, I leave to park the car, get back to the room at 6:20, I ask the nurse how far along is she? The nurse starts laughing, and grabs the IV bag and leaves, I walk into the room to 3 nurses, working on her, It looked like a bees nest of activity, at 6:50 the nurses are gathered in the corner flipping a coin to decide which one of them will deliver the baby. The doctor arrives at 7:00, and says, so do you think we will have a baby today? He takes a look and says I guess so. Branden was born at 7:13am, first baby born in Del Rio 2004.

Oh, to keep this on topic, C&L and the tune are awesome…

Jeff
Attached Images  
Old 9/16/07 | 09:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Relax Dad. We are here to support you and your habit, I mean hobby.
Old 9/17/07 | 07:06 AM

My wife is three months along and it was quite the process to get her pregnant... So, she reads her fertillity forums for the past year and a half, and now I get on here and see this. I will show her this tonight so she sees that we talk about more than just cars!
Old 9/17/07 | 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by osp1560
My wife is three months along and it was quite the process to get her pregnant... So, she reads her fertillity forums for the past year and a half, and now I get on here and see this. I will show her this tonight so she sees that we talk about more than just cars!
I know where you’re coming from man! Congrats on the success. My wife and I had to go through IVF for her to get pregnant. It was a rough time. She had to get injections and have blood tests every day.

But back on topic……When my wife was in labor, I went home to put my new wheels and tires on!! They were delivered as we were leaving for the hospital! As excited as I was, I still couldn’t stop thinking about my new FOOSE wheels sitting in the garage. The doctor said it might be a while….so I went home “to take a quick shower” When I got back to the hospital my wife said “ You put the wheels on, didn’t you???” She knew me too well. My daughter is now 14 months old and already loves cars…….She gets a HUGE smile every time I start my stang….
Attached Thumbnails What I do when my wife is in labor…-att169851.jpg  
Old 9/18/07 | 06:52 AM

[quote=HiRoller;1005867]I know where you’re coming from man! Congrats on the success. My wife and I had to go through IVF for her to get pregnant. It was a rough time. She had to get injections and have blood tests every day.

IVF here also!!! Thats alot of moddin' money......
Old 9/18/07 | 08:48 AM
NTTAWWT

Ohhhh, you guys....
No, I can only imagine how great having kids will be. To be perfectly honest, college has made me realize just how important my parents are to me. I felt like I took them for granted a little, and now I live for Fridays when I can drive the 2.5hrs back and spend the weekend with them.

And Jeff, that's how my kids will ride too! Who says the Mustang isnt a family car